Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/06/2015 06:33 PM CST
Want to leave your mark on the Dwarves in Elanthia? Help out by being an item designer.

Does this mean what you think it means? The next Culture Faire? WELL, YEAH, it's going to be Dwarves. While we still have some surprises in the works for it, I thought I'd open up the item designing to all of you.

If you're interested, please feel free to jump on any of the spreadsheets in this Google Drive folder and add your designs to the mix. Each spreadsheet is set up with theme and brief guidelines, but if you have questions, you can post or hit me up on twitter @Naohhi.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxC7FZoA-_tuYmM2UUlfYVRwNVk&usp=sharing

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/07/2015 03:40 PM CST
I'm either having a heart attack or the excitement is killing me...or both.

This is awesome!

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/10/2015 12:58 PM CST
WOOOT! Awesomeness! How long do we have?

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/10/2015 03:31 PM CST
Until the end of January. I need time to build the shops and get them through QC.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/10/2015 07:19 PM CST
Are those on the google doc, the only ones coming? I didn't see a weapons shop and I wouldn't mind coughing up some weapon designs.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/10/2015 07:48 PM CST
The shop doc has multiple pages. One for female dwarf gear, one for weapons, one for clothing.
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/10/2015 08:08 PM CST
Other shops will likely show, but these are three NEW ones.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/14/2015 08:59 AM CST
>>Are those on the google doc, the only ones coming? I didn't see a weapons shop and I wouldn't mind coughing up some weapon designs.

I was thinking the same thing Elec. Even though my favorite weapon idea would be a serious long shot for being approved, it would be really coolto see dwarves with a heavy thrown weapon like an Anvil. Just imagine the Impact of that bugger! Would take a lot of strength to use it as well. Fun idea, not very practical though.
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/14/2015 11:15 AM CST

>it would be really coolto see dwarves with a heavy thrown weapon like an Anvil

What about a swappable HT/LB/2HB hammer with the head in the shape of an anvil and the horn side could do some pierce damage along with the impact?
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/14/2015 01:33 PM CST
>What about a swappable HT/LB/2HB hammer with the head in the shape of an anvil and the horn side could do some pierce damage along with the impact?
You mean like this only bigger, badder, and more swappable? Me likes!

a Dwarven war hammer with an anvil-shaped kertig head
Type: Medium Blunt
Puncture: poor (2/26)
Slice: dismal (1/26)
Impact: great (11/26)
Force of Impact: soundly (8/17)
Balance: decently (6/17)
Suitedness: reasonably (7/17)
Construction: highly protected (13/17)
Weight: 40 stones
Appraised Cost: 231,250 Kronars

I love my new toy. Roar!

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/23/2015 05:48 AM CST

chucked some stuff up there. dwarf dress needs to be explored (mixed feelings bout racially named clothing tho)
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/23/2015 10:37 AM CST
>>(mixed feelings bout racially named clothing tho)

There shouldn't be any Haakish-named items that do not already exist. I cannot create them without Dwarven lore to explain why they need their own noun, then I have to get it through a proposal, which would slow down the whole project.

If there are Haakish-named additions on the spreadsheets, please correct them to Common/English.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/23/2015 10:25 PM CST
This is a dumb question, but how do you add things to the spreadsheet? I'm stupid and can't figure out how to add anything.
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/25/2015 10:51 PM CST

the folder went empty for the gdrive? went to add more today and it appeared that way.
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/25/2015 11:06 PM CST
<<the folder went empty for the gdrive? went to add more today and it appeared that way.

Erm... I think that might have been me that did that by accident? I opened the files in my drive a couple days ago and when I was done looking at them I removed them since I wasn't really interested in keeping them there and went on my merry way. I thought I was just removing them from my drive, and not the whole project... but that may not be the case?

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/26/2015 01:48 AM CST

Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers ::Posts Hidden:: 12/26/2015 11:23 AM CST
Some posts were removed.

Aneka
DragonRealms Board Monitor

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MOD-Aneka@play.net, Senior Board Monitor Helje at DR-Helje@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/26/2015 10:57 PM CST
>>Erm... I think that might have been me that did that by accident?

Great job. I've got it fixed now.

Here's how to fix it in the future:
Open drive
-> go to trash
-> find the files
-> Put them back
-> Never do that again.

Alternatively:
Search your drive,
Right click on the item
-> Add to my drive
---
NaOH+HI
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/26/2015 11:48 PM CST
I did both of those things after posting to see if I could recover anything and there was nothing there. I don't think I actually deleted anything, just moved it out of a public folder.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/28/2015 12:39 PM CST
Ooh, as a new Dwarf to the realms this is exciting!

I'm not very good with description writing but in terms of beard "jewelry"/fake beards I'd really love a beard with thick braids clamped in iron, like some of the designs of dwarven beards look in WoW.

-Kaidine
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 12/28/2015 05:45 PM CST
Go for it. :) The google doc is open to all, just please don't delete anyone's work.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 01/06/2016 03:51 PM CST
Can we make alternate versions of- Remedies, Anatomy charts (that teach scholarship, and something else instead of FA), Mining tools that don't end in pick, or shovel?

Also I'd like to suggest something that I know many folks have wanted over the years, I know it can't be done in time for the fest, but perhaps something for the future. A Dwarven Spirit Blade/Weapon. This would be a set of instructions for a type of weapon that you might need to go on a quest to obtain. Essentially this would be something similar to the Dwarven Tunneler's Axe except with a twist. This particular weapon will only appraise good to the one that forges it. So this is something to strive for, not just be handed, as you must be the one to make it. You -may- never be able to make another ether. This is something that is granted in part by Kertigen himself, in part by the Dwarves natural affinity for smithing and war fare. As such some of the weapon's appraisal only increases based on your total spirit pool, not what it's current state is but it's max level is(IE. Spirit based attacks, or death won't lower the stats). This is of course just the basic idea, a starting point.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 01/06/2016 06:21 PM CST
I'm working on a side project to expand anatomy charts that won't be a part of this.. as for the other, I'm afraid that'd require a full proposal, script work, and Kodius being involved to do. Considering I'm about to start building these shops, it's a too late to work on that kind of a request.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 01/06/2016 06:47 PM CST
>I'm working on a side project to expand anatomy charts that won't be a part of this.

Thank you!!!

- Felicini
Re: Dwarfest Planning - Looking for Item Designers 01/07/2016 05:45 PM CST

Gems and Diamonds! mining goodie game? like from past fests?