Beards 09/05/2004 01:22 AM CDT
So who has had their current beard the longest? I know my current one I've had for about a month and a quarter... almost lost it durring the last Haven invasion but Kind empaths helped me keep it.... also on a side note if my beard and Mustache have been growing for such a long time why can't I a braid my Mustache.... and B tuck it into my belt.... You Dwarf GMs need to get crackin on lettin us be able to do that.... at least the belt thing....

Roughneck Deagar
Re: Beards 09/05/2004 09:54 PM CDT
I haven't been able to keep a full beard in ages.

~I am a world before I am a man. I was a creature before I could stand.~

Quality Forged Blades
http://www.angelfire.com/hero/forge0/forge.html
Re: Beards 09/09/2004 06:03 PM CDT
until recently I had my beard for almost a year. Recent events on Aesry taught me that Im not as tough as I thought I was. 2 deaths in less than a week. ::whimper::

Sok da Dwarven Horse Rustler Wannabe
Beards 03/16/2006 03:08 PM CST
Thanks a bunch for the beard fix! I know this will make us Dwarves very happy!

-Galahant of Stone Clan

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

>A giant thicket viper slithers slowly and confidently to the out.
Beards -- I'm sure this has been suggested... 06/20/2007 02:49 PM CDT
I can't recall if this had been brought up in the distant past. I'd love to see a dwarven beard be able to carry something... one item. Small. Like a single gem or, my personal choice, a piece of corn or beef, which I can pick out of my beard and eat.

aka Faethe
aka Mobyus

DR Script Repository: http://scripts.whistlethis.com/
DR Profiler: http://drp.whistlethis.com/
Crossroads of Elanthia: http://dr.warcry.com/
Re: Beards -- I'm sure this has been suggested... 06/21/2007 11:47 PM CDT
I suggested (and sure others have also) of having an ARRANGE verb for beards; straight, forked, sticking out in all directions, etc. I thought being able to BRAID items into you beard so it'd make the beard more attractive and not unbraid.

It'd be nice, but I'm sure something like this is on the back burner.

But I'd be nice enough to include anyone capable of growing a beard...but the only proper beard is dwarven.

Regards,

Kalkomar Axebiter
Grimis Stok
Dwarves Beards 08/09/2010 11:01 PM CDT
Ok, so I've had my beard at the longest growth point for a long time and I'm tired of it looking shaggy. I hate how long it takes for beards to grow back without an empaths assistance so I'm always hesitant about cutting, clipping, trimming, shaping or whatever else you can do. The last few times I tried I wrecked my beard completely.

I've gotten my beard and mustache to look elegant before and I'd like to figure out how to get it there again.

What do I have to do to do this without accidently trimming my beard to short or making it a goatee?

Khorgar ~ Trying to reign in his beard
Re: Dwarves Beards 08/10/2010 12:15 AM CDT
Try CUT MUSTACHE and CUT BEARD.
Re: Dwarves Beards 08/10/2010 06:30 AM CDT
trim it to make it more elegant.

shape is the verb used for goatees.

cut it for one smaller. <a full beard instead of a shaggy beard>, then trim it to make it look nice.

don't forget to Braid it in true dwarven warrior style afterwards!

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: Dwarves Beards 08/12/2010 12:12 PM CDT
You have a thick bushy mustache that droops heavily on your upper lip and a thick beard twisted into three long braids.

All I do is braid my beard every time it goes to "a long shaggy beard". Kinda like that look personally.

Segmere
Shadow Priest, Baron's Own Militia

"The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep." ~WC Fields
Re: Dwarves Beards 08/12/2010 01:29 PM CDT
>>All I do is braid my beard every time it goes to "a long shaggy beard". Kinda like that look personally.

Yeah, the only problem with that is that everytime I turn around it's unbraided again.

Khorgar ~ Tired of braiding his beard
Re: Dwarves Beards 08/12/2010 07:52 PM CDT
it would be great if you could "arrange beard" the same way as you can "arrange hair" to get it to stay braided.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: Dwarves Beards 08/14/2010 02:27 PM CDT
I know a while back we had the contest for the beard guards/items, and it would be awesome to have them change the appearance, like some of the hair items. (sigh) Need some beard love!

Moon Mages who get hit with HULP should indulge in their Survival Secondary side and run away.

-Armifer