Race Ages 03/11/2006 01:42 PM CST
There was a post somewhere, and I vaguely remember what it said but cant place where in the race boards it was posted, about the ages of the different races. My question is do humans, for example, just die off after aging past 100 or so?
If I remember correctly the post said no, but I can't remember exactly. Also are there any humans, pryd, etc. that are actually past that age now? (Just out of curiosity).

The fireball slams into its neck and explodes, blasting a coin-sized hole in the neck and charring the rest.

...war mage style tracheotomy :)
Re: Race Ages 03/11/2006 01:52 PM CST
<<do humans, for example, just die off after aging past 100 or so?>>

Unlikely.

<<Also are there any humans, pryd, etc. that are actually past that age now?>>

Not even close. Oldest human (at least according to a thread of the same name in another folder) is 59, and the oldest Prydaen and Rakash would be younger than that. So we've got another ten RL years or so before anybody hits the listed maximum age for their race.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

[pi]
Re: Race Ages 03/11/2006 03:48 PM CST
It's been stated over and over that our characters will NOT die of old age.

~Dulcinia

If it was just a 3-hour tour, why did the Howells pack so much stuff?

[Meerc] "People are irritatesome..."
Re: Race Ages 03/11/2006 05:58 PM CST
There are currently no mechanics in place to cause your character to die of old age; likewise, I believe a GM said they have no intention of putting one in place, though I could be mistaken on that point.

Extreme ages like those... I can guarantee you that there are no Player Characters in Prime even approaching that age. There might be a few Humans and Prydaen in Plat (due to the option to roll up very old characters) who are very close, but I don't know if they've actually reached it. I do know (because he's mine) that there is an Elf in Plat approaching 610 years of age. When looked upon by another Elf they see: He is an ancient for an Elf. The problem with this, however, is the discrepancy between the possible age ranges in the CM versus the posted maximum ages for each race on the racial information page. Elves are only supposed to live to 500 maximum years, according to the info page. Yet as I've said, my Elf in plat is 600+ years old. Also, there is Morganae who makes a strong argument for the extended longevity of Elves. According to IG lore and timelines and such, she has to be nearing 3000 years old. But then again... she is Queen Morganae. <shrug>

-Fuquois-

"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire
Re: Race Ages 03/11/2006 10:59 PM CST
For Morganae in particular, there is in game lore that talks about/explains her longevity. Just thought I might mention it. (:
Re: Race Ages 03/12/2006 12:18 PM CST
Mechanically speaking, your character does not die from old age. Though you could role-play old age and dying from old age if you choose.

Jim

"There is no help for our kind. We walk a lonely road."

"Paladins. There ought to be a bounty on them."