Change to encumbrance 08/14/2003 11:13 PM CDT
I do agree that bonuses and penalties should have been fixed for all stats to work the way they should. But now my enchantes can actually cause me to collapse from fatigue just by singing at the only mana levels that really teach moderately well. I walk into a room with low mana, that I could handle in the past and get worn-out within 15 seconds. That or get worn-out by wearing an armor with a high hinderence just by parrying something that hasn't a hope of touching me. If going from a +1 to a +2, or +2 to a +3 or whatever in stamina would be the difference between fully rested and worn-out, then I think another change needs to be made to explore some of that grey area in between.

Race: Elothean
Stamina: 20

~ Gelvit Cubaraes
Re: Change to encumbrance 08/14/2003 11:23 PM CDT
As an Elothean, the change benefited you. Also, encumbrance has no effect on the fatigue from enchantes, so your problem lies elsewhere.

Seldaren
Re: Change to encumbrance 08/14/2003 11:47 PM CDT
The news article made it sound as though it will effect all races both positively and negatively. If the previous way had it so everyone acted as though they were "closer to 0" then that means Elotheans and Gnomes, for example, actually had it easier. And encumbrance is effected by stamina, stamina effects fatigue. The title of my post was more as a reference to the title of the news article. And if the changes had no effect then how can I go to a place I've gone before, change using the amount of mana I've used before, and litterally within 15-30 seconds go from fully rested to worn-out, and previously never saw anything worse than winded doing the exact same thing in the exact same place.
Re: Change to encumbrance 08/15/2003 12:00 AM CDT
No aspects of fatigue were harmed during the changing of encumbrance.

Trebber
Re: Change to encumbrance 08/15/2003 08:19 AM CDT
>>No aspects of fatigue were harmed during the changing of encumbrance.

Trebber<<

Oh, really? Please read my post in the Responses folder above. I am experiencing the same problems with fatigue that my guildmate Gelvit is. I've never seen the lower side of winded, and now I actually get worn out with light burden. It makes no sense that making my burden lighter, and me changing nothing from where I was before, should cause me to now be worn out while hunting.

Khestryl
Re: Change to encumbrance 08/15/2003 10:07 AM CDT
> It makes no sense that making my burden lighter, and me changing nothing from where I was before, should cause me to now be worn out while hunting.

Quite possibly a coincidence of timing. Rigby recently changed some things with enchante attunement drain, and now some Bards are noticing that it seems to be draining attunement from fatigue and fatigue from attunement.

Seldaren
Re: Change to encumbrance 08/15/2003 01:38 PM CDT
<<Oh, really?

Really

Trebber