Next armor/weapons for a newb 09/13/2013 07:20 PM CDT
I'm curious what the next steps up in armor would be for a plate/brigandine wearing paladin would be. I'm a circle 13 pally and still trying to figure my way around and I since I can't appraise anything with any accuracy its hard to know what is better.

I'm currently armed with a motley assortment:

a barrel helm
some hammered bronze gauntlets
some hammered bronze greaves
some half-plate armor

Which has taught me plate and brigandine pretty close to the same rate since early circles. Suggestions? Elanthapedia has been a good resource for figuring out the basics. Suggestions are apprecaited. I've been hoarding my coppers (few though they are) in hopes of upgrading. I'm using a broadsword and mace (suggestions in earlier posts of this thread) from the shop in The Crossing.

Oh, and Hi! My chars name is Adanel.
Re: Next armor/weapons for a newb 09/13/2013 10:36 PM CDT
What you are wearing now will suffice for a good while, as you accrue some coin chasing down a smith for a set of armor isn't a bad idea. If you can track me down IG, I work fairly cheap for newbies, especially for just steel.

As for training, I train all the metal armors, but wearing every armor to take advantage of our skillset is never a bad idea. Weapon wise, I'd suggest having a fairly broad range, Blade, Blunt, Thrown, Bow/Crossbow, Brawling as a minimum, and try to train as many as you can keep rolling without losing your sanity. It pays off in the long run.

Good luck, welcome to the guild, and have fun.

Samsaren