Armor Set Up Request 04/23/2010 08:11 PM CDT
Right now I'm training HP and LP. I'm wearing HP on my chest, abdomen, back and arms (half plate) and light plate on my legs, hands and head. It trains really well. I'm young and the weight is a bit much. It would be lighter if I used LP on chest, abdomen, back and arms and HP on everything else.

What would you do? Pros and cons?

Geldrad

Paladin of Rutilor
Re: Armor Set Up Request 04/23/2010 09:29 PM CDT
>>SHERWOODS5: It would be lighter if I used LP on chest, abdomen, back and arms and HP on everything else.

I put the heavier armor on my torso, because the torso is a critical area and tends to take the most hits.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Armor Set Up Request 04/23/2010 10:35 PM CDT
I would train a lot more than just HP and LP. I have had a simple set up my entire time from 1st circle to now 98th circle. Bone mask and gauntlets (head/eyes/neck/hands), HP half plate (chest/back/abdomen/arms), and I swap out greaves of all the other types of armor.

HP and Bone are obviously my mains. The others truck along quite nicely though.

If you only train two armors, then you're missing out on TDPs from the absolute most easily trained Primary skillset in the game. Everything in the skillset is passive, you don't actually have to do anything to train it. Mucho easy TDPs. Which are important.

- Vindicator Korsik Rippentropp, Fist of the Heavens

I warned you before I'm addicted to war
I was praying for Armageddon on the day I was born
Re: Armor Set Up Request 04/24/2010 01:06 AM CDT
<< Right now I'm training HP and LP. I'm wearing HP on my chest, abdomen, back and arms (half plate) and light plate on my legs, hands and head. It trains really well. I'm young and the weight is a bit much. It would be lighter if I used LP on chest, abdomen, back and arms and HP on everything else. >>

First of all, there isnt LP that covers the torso that way and the peicemeal you would have to use to accomplish it would probably end up being just as heavy (decent forged half plate is pretty darn light).

I do agree with Korsik that you should train more, the sooner you start the better, its our primary skill, might as well take advantage of it (does not do us much good otherwise then some TDPs).

You didnt state your skill range or circle, but its rather normal for Paladins to have burden issues for a pretty long time due to armor weight. Between courage and ease burden it is manageable though. And in those early circles you are not prone to the one hit your dead crits, so you can take a beating hunting at level and survive even with some burden.

Personally I would ditch the LP helm, your noggin is too important and what you learn armor wise too little, I always wear a great helm (HP) on my head and see no reason to do otherwise based on how little it teaches.

Your hand armor teaches little as well, but it can be a handy spot to back train armor (like when your primaries are 500+ and your backtraining something less then 200 at level). Otherwise, mostly not worth it.

By and large the easiest way to train second armors early on is greaves, they teach extreamly well with little risk. They are reasonably light for what they teach so carrying a few sets isnt too much an issue. So long as you never tend a wound on your legs, you are safe (so long as your stamina can keep up with the wound). If you tend a wound and the leg gets lopped off later, you will fall down when it comes undone and likely suffer badly if in combat. It does not take much stamina to keep up with most bleeders left untended while in combat though. Greaves swapping is the way to go early on.

Later though it does not cut it and swapping torso armor is the way go to. By the time you need to switch to swapping torso armor you will likely have the strength and stamina to handle the extra weight. I curretly carry all metal armors in torso form and swap, leg armor I swap between cloth and leather. I have bone on my hands at all times, which never gets above 5/34 but I am sick of hunting by the time i lock all other armors anyway so it works for me.
Re: Armor Set Up Request 04/24/2010 07:10 AM CDT
I used to only train HP, but I started backtraining LP by putting on LP hand/head protection and its been going along fine ever since. It's probably not the smartest approach, but its simple and it worked for me. This was probably around 100th circle when I had 400 more HP ranks than LP.

I like Korsik's idea of swapping out greaves though, I might have to try that.

-Landros
Re: Armor Set Up Request 04/24/2010 10:19 AM CDT
This is what I do

Setup 1:

- Leather Mask
- Light breastplate
- HC greaves
- HC vambraces
- scale greaves

wait until LP is locked

swap to bone breastplate

wait till bone is locked

remote vambraces and breastplate

put on LC chain shirt

once LC is locked, everything else will be locked also

takes about 10 minutes with 4 celps, I put up a max strength SR while doing this.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Armor Set Up Request 04/24/2010 10:40 AM CDT
I've tried both swapping body armor and swapping greaves. Obviously carrying extra sets of greaves is lighter. Both methods seem to train about as well for me so I'm going with the greaves right now to avoid the extra burden.

I wear half plate, LP helm and gaunts and swap out greaves. I didn't start training the other non-HP armors until late, but they are training pretty evenly over the long term:

Shield Usage: 406 33% mind lock (34/34) Light Chain: 199 54% studious (19/34)
Heavy Chain: 213 70% dabbling (1/34) Light Plate: 241 60% understanding (14/34)
Heavy Plate: 362 41% very focused (21/34)

~Kattena

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Armor Set Up Request 04/24/2010 11:16 AM CDT
I wear LP head/hand and swap body armor.

Leather Armor: 282 72%
Light Chain: 280 38%
Heavy Chain: 279 16%
Light Plate: 291 82%
Heavy Plate: 280 66%

I don't care about the burden. I can get to none or light with courage and ease. If I'm loaded down with bundles as well, HeS helps.

Hows that hope and change working out for you?
Re: Armor Set Up Request 04/24/2010 12:26 PM CDT
Shield Usage: 533 72% nearly locked (33/34)
Leather Armor: 388 51% clear (0/34)
Light Chain: 355 67% intrigued (16/34)
Heavy Chain: 350 82% engrossed (27/34)
Light Plate: 356 29% clear (0/34)
Heavy Plate: 467 14% nearly locked (33/34)
Bone Armor: 465 47% engrossed (27/34)

And thats what my strategy has done so far.

- Vindicator Korsik Rippentropp, Fist of the Heavens

I warned you before I'm addicted to war
I was praying for Armageddon on the day I was born
Re: Armor Set Up Request 04/24/2010 12:31 PM CDT
Courage/HeS on top of Ease is pretty sick for burden.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Armor Set Up Request 04/24/2010 11:13 PM CDT
I wear half plate, HC helm and gloves dont matter. then swap greaves. All clear now because im backtraining weapons.

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate Fraction
Shield Usage: 1399 39% clear (0/34) Leather Armor: 634 05% clear (0/34)
Light Chain: 805 51% clear (0/34) Heavy Chain: 799 45% clear (0/34)
Light Plate: 998 53% clear (0/34) Heavy Plate: 1300 67% clear (0/34)
Cloth Armor: 624 28% clear (0/34) Bone Armor: 859 70% clear (0/34)
Re: Armor Set Up Request 04/28/2010 07:51 AM CDT
>>All clear now because im backtraining weapons.

Good, give me a chance to catch up some.

Death Dealer Adakin of Prime
WorldsBestMagic Kastr of TF

"The Key To Immortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering."

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."