Training Multiple Armors Long Term 11/12/2008 10:37 AM CST
Hey all, have a question about the long term viability of wearing multiple armors for any more experienced paladins out there. I am coming up on 80th circle, and considering whether it makes sense to backtrain LP, HC, and LC for more TDP's. HP is approaching 400, and LC, HC, and LP are all between 130-160.
Currently I hunt bristle back pecs, and my question is whether is makes sense to take the time to backtrain these other armors with the eventual goal of wearing them all in combat at level. This would obviously take a long time, so I was hoping some more experienced paladins could tell me if this is a viable goal as I move up the creature ladder. Would I be better off just using HP and LP at higher levels and forgetting hc and lc?
Appreciate any input. I don't mind backtraining, but I just don't want to spend the time doing it if my end goal is either unachievable or undesirable.
Also any advice as to where to go to backtrain? Had been backtraining armors in lang pecs but found that area to be boring and not so populated. Thanks in advance for your help with this!
Re: Training Multiple Armors Long Term 11/12/2008 04:33 PM CST
SOme thoughts:

1. In my opinion, you do not need to dedicate backtraining to armors. Just get some greaves and swap them out while you hunt in bristles. Once one armor locks, swap greaves...rinse and repeat for all armors.

2. If you do want to backtrain, go to caracals in M'riss and work some weapons as well.

Hope the above helps.

Madigan

When soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a battle-field, they have all one rank in my eyes.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Re: Training Multiple Armors Long Term 11/12/2008 05:25 PM CST
If you get a lot of grazing or light hits while hunting, i'd opt out of using greaves as the secondary armor and instead use gauntlets. i get a lot less hand hits than i seem to get leg hits, and it helps me from having massive leg wounds in a very short time.

the penalty being that it'll take longer to ML.
Re: Training Multiple Armors Long Term 11/12/2008 10:08 PM CST
Thank you both for the advice, while I was back in the crossing today I picked up forged half plate, hp, lc and hp greaves and lp gauntlets. Will try out the different set ups and let you know how it goes, it will be nice to not have to leave bristle back pecs to get the extra tdps and prepare to forge.