I'm back 09/30/2003 04:50 PM CDT
What's been going on these past few months?

"The path of light necessarily leads through the dark"

Caneghem Urathi
Re: I'm back 10/01/2003 03:52 AM CDT
>What's been going on these past few months?

unfortunately they voted to disband the Paladin guild, over the next couple days you will be given a choice of which guild you want to join instead keeping roughly half your skills. All the slots for barbs and warmies, thiefs and rangers been taken allready while you were away, but there are plenty of openings for moonmages, empaths, traders and bards.

good luck in your choosing!

Michael.
Re: I'm back 10/01/2003 05:06 PM CDT
Ack, I don't have the gift of gab to be a trader or bard. I don't have enough faith in magic to be a moonie. I guess I'll go empath, since I've been told I fight like one anyhow.

"The path of light necessarily leads through the dark"

Caneghem Urathi
So, I'm back? 10/07/2004 12:04 PM CDT
Okay, I've been gone a considerable amount of time (probably over two years this time) and I come back to DR which has changed quite a bit. I pull out my bastard sword and 'parry, jab, draw' only to find myself horribly imbalanced and getting beat on by a la'tami. This is, of course, after I figure out how to draw my sword ('draw sword' doesn't work any more!).

So, I decide to see what's happened with magic and kill a la'tami with one cast of Shatter. That's nice!

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions on websites that will make me more smarter I would appreciate it. It seems that terkowitz.com is gone and I already found a website that lists attack combinations for all weapons.

If you see Tarwen in game, feel free to shout at her.
Re: So, I'm back? 10/07/2004 01:02 PM CDT
Welcome back, Tarwen!

For getting your weapon, the syntax has been changed from 'draw <weapon>' to 'wield <weapon>'. I thought that change really was needless, but it might save syntax problems in battle later.

As you're using a bastard sword, the combo you want would be parry/feint/draw/sweep/slice/chop, or some variation thereof. You're going to find that critters have changed a lot in the way they fight too.

Good luck!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: So, I'm back? 10/07/2004 01:04 PM CDT
And you absolutely must try throwing in a feint/slam. You won't be sorry!

~Caneghem Urathi
Re: So, I'm back? 10/07/2004 01:23 PM CDT
You can also shield bash things these days so give that a whirl (slam Critter). Smite foe affects other characters to boot so watch that. Hmm..also try out smite (just smite instead of slice) it works as a slice attack in your combo...Oh and you may want to ask the Crossing sentry about protect..

That's all that jumps out at me off the top of my head. Good luck out there.
Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: So, I'm back? 10/07/2004 04:36 PM CDT
To get more smarter, I suggest going to olwydd.org. It made me the more smarterer person I am today.

For maps (dont know if you already have them) rangerrawb.com/ranik has them

Krin has a circle calc/general information page out there somewhere. I cant remember where to save my life, and I'm not home so I dont have it saved here. If you come to my house, its saved as Krin's Circle Calcs.

There is more I'm forgetting, so I'll probably post later (if I have the time and energy). Good luck!

Sanya

I was taking a walk in the park when this post said I stole its purse. I tried to get away, but it just kept on coming. So I had to beat it to death with this purse I found.
-MOD-ILEDEMUS

I'm back. 09/22/2005 10:39 AM CDT
Hiyas all,

For those of yous who rememba me, i'm back dunt get excited i'm not heh. I've been reading up on the boards and as far as the old as dirt type comments yep i'm right up there, Prisania came into conciousness before Sorrows war hmmmmmm, round the beginning of 2000 i believe. Sadly she sleeps so much she is pathetic and a mere oh 20ish (gawds imma never hit 30) oh well, for those select few whom i have seen glad ta be back, looking forward to meeting others as well. Has anyone seen Jeeperjim about or Baltaziel?

~player of Prisania (Proud Prydaen Pallie, dunt call meh a flippin kitty!)
and Airicka (Supah Sexah Empuff) heh
Re: I'm back. 09/22/2005 11:41 AM CDT
I hath slain them. Welcome back, though.

~Silus
A gentleman and a scholar
Re: I'm back. 09/22/2005 11:48 AM CDT
JJ is history, haven't seen him in 2+ years, probably close to 3. Balt is around, I think, my memory is foggy.

>(Proud Prydaen Pallie, dunt call meh a flippin kitty!)

You toy with a ball of yarn.
Roundtime: 183467523 seconds
Re: I'm back. 09/22/2005 04:54 PM CDT
Oh, yay.