Shield requirement to circle is so low! 11/29/2009 02:45 AM CST
I'm sure these questions have been asked and answered many times, but I'm new around here. Why is the shield requirement for paladins to circle so low? And why does it cut out altogether after a certain point?

Thanks,
Kayumars
Re: Shield requirement to circle is so low! 11/29/2009 02:46 AM CST
I believe it's a nod to the notion that you can train whatever you want to circle with, in theory.

I would say you are definitely Doing It Wrong if you don't train shield, especially as a Paladin, but I guess it's an option.

Rev. Reene

Your mind hears Khurek thinking, "Perhaps some of you should realize something is wrong with your argument when even the province's premier heretic is preaching against you."
Re: Shield requirement to circle is so low! 11/29/2009 09:06 AM CST
Shield also counts as a Worn Armor in the circle reqs...Most paladins circle off of shield.

ie:
Primary armor - Shield
Secondary armor - Heavy Plate
etc..

Crusader Taghz

DFA = DISC + AGIL + TM > Evasion + Reflex

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother...", William Shakespeare.
Re: Shield requirement to circle is so low! 11/29/2009 09:38 AM CST
Shield can be your highest armor. Shield will most likely become your highest armor. So it will become a 5 rank/circle req, even when it is not explicit.

That is better than training a specific armor, IMHO.
Re: Shield requirement to circle is so low! 11/29/2009 09:50 AM CST
Cool... I'm already noticing (at circle 11) that my shield will surpass my HP. Probably by circle 15; they're about neck-and-neck right now.
Re: Shield requirement to circle is so low! 11/29/2009 10:21 AM CST
It's easier to train shield then it is to train an armor most times, this is because of the way some critters soft cap. Dont be scared to let those shield ranks skyrocket.

Alexii points at a Velakan slaver and shouts, "Another one! Don't let it get away!"