survival training 11/24/2004 04:44 PM CST
The requirements I have state that we need to train 5 survival skills, which ones would be benificial for a Paladin to train?

(insert cool phrase here)
Re: survival training 11/24/2004 04:46 PM CST
evasion firstaid climbing swimming perception

Crusader Taghz

I'd rather be in the Penalty Box!
Need Chain armor?
http://www.geocities.com/skracrusader2001/index.htm
Re: survival training 11/24/2004 06:08 PM CST
maybe foraging instead of swimming
Re: survival training 11/24/2004 06:54 PM CST
>>maybe foraging instead of swimming<<

In my observations, swimming for paladins is a lot like walking....only wetter.

More seriously now, foraging might be more useful to you in the long run. However, even though heavy armor makes you swimming like a Buick, I still would wouldn't neglect it entirly. There are plenty of areas, particularly the higher level ones that require a good amout of swimming to access. Hint for training it: big Courage, and have a ranger cast Caiman Swim on you.

Garelith

Dead men have no victory.
Re: survival training 11/24/2004 08:20 PM CST
Air bubble + great helm = deep sea diving, DR style. Foraging may be handy in the long run, but its a pain to train(we don't get those nifty extra verbs) and herbs aren't nearly as useful now with damage caps.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: survival training 11/25/2004 08:42 AM CST
You may want to consider skinning, natural critters teach the most armor.

~Caneghem Urathi
Re: survival training 11/25/2004 09:28 AM CST
If you are just going to train 5, then first and foremost you should train perception and evasion like a madman. Personally I'd train swimming, climbing and skinning after that.

Personally I think you should train every skill you can. Set small goals you can accomplish at first. Like shoot for 4 or more evasion and perception ranks per circle. Then make some longterm ones like having five different weapons to 100 ranks at 30th.

Remember, our requirements are only a suggestion.

Kolaisa

Stabbity, block, you go thud.

Drive fast, take risks.