8th circle requirements 06/14/2003 06:43 PM CDT
The chart I got from Smegul's circle calculator says I need 16 in my highest lores, and 56 in overall lore, for 8th. I have no lore under 16, and my overall is 67. But I'm told I'm lacking in general lore skills! The calculator has been right up to now, such as needing 14 in lores for 7th, 12 for 6th, and so on. What's up? I'd appreciate some help! And if there are more than four lores, I can't find the fifth one! Thanks.
Re: 8th circle requirements 06/14/2003 06:54 PM CDT
Please look at smeguls site closely all of his charts as far as I know are geared for the 30+ crowd and don't have all the pre 30 ranks required to keep from being too wide.

-Grid

Through me you feel the void from where the sad sounds come.
~Jerry Cantrel, "Feel the Void"
Re: 8th circle requirements 06/14/2003 07:08 PM CDT
Thanks for the heads-up. Anyone know a place I can go to find the accurate and complete requirements under 30th? Academy doesn't seem to be correct, either.
Re: 8th circle requirements 06/14/2003 07:13 PM CDT
I have one. Covers all requirements, no matter how insigificant for All guilds thave have implimented new IG requiremetns (except rangers)Contact me at HarkMDR. Disclamer: until monday the paladin & barb req for armor doesn't count shield for highest. However this doesn't affect you because until 30th circle you can not use Shield to count for highest armor. Will recompile correct code on monday.

B
Re: 8th circle requirements 06/14/2003 09:01 PM CDT
>However this doesn't affect you because until 30th circle you can not use Shield to count for highest armor. Will recompile correct code on monday.

Are you certain?

~Coine

* Moving poorly and apparently unintentional, a meadow ram charges a raggedy stuffed gargoyle dressed in a ruffled pink skirt at you. You deflect the body with a scimitar. [You're nimbly balanced and in very strong position.]
Re: 8th circle requirements 06/14/2003 09:07 PM CDT
>>Are you certain?<<

To be honest, If you require 2 ranks in Shield for circle 1-10, and 4 ranks in Armor1 for circle 1-10, Using Shield for both, should not happen. I can not see the GMs allowing One skill to count for two individual specific requirements. Especially when the GMs state that you can use Shield for your armor requirements AFTER it is no longer specifically required for you to circle.

B
Re: 8th circle requirements 06/14/2003 09:54 PM CDT
Coine, I think my last post was a little unclear, so here's my reasoning for why you can not use Shield for your (X) highest armor skill until after it is no longer specifically required. It would be like using Teaching or Scholarship for your (X) highest lore skill before they are not specifically required. Which as you know, isn't possible.

B
Re: 8th circle requirements 06/15/2003 12:40 AM CDT
>Coine, I think my last post was a little unclear, so here's my reasoning for why you can not use Shield for your (X) highest armor skill until after it is no longer specifically required. It would be like using Teaching or Scholarship for your (X) highest lore skill before they are not specifically required. Which as you know, isn't possible.

>ask dar about exp
Sir Darius explains, "Well XXXXX, you need some work on your general magic skills (3 magic skills must meet minimum requirements) and general lore skills before you can advance to level 2."

"More specifically, you should work on parry ability, and then you shall be ready to advance."

Circle: 1
Showing armor skills (with ranks).

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning
Shield Usage: 8 08% thoughtful Leather Armor: 2 00% clear
Light Chain: 2 00% clear Heavy Chain: 2 00% clear
Light Plate: 5 12% learning Heavy Plate: 5 12% learning

Highest Armor: 8 in Shield Usage
Time Development Points: 24 Favors: 0 Deaths: 0
Overall state of mind: clear
EXP HELP for more information

Again I ask, are you certain? ;)

~Coine

* Moving poorly and apparently unintentional, a meadow ram charges a raggedy stuffed gargoyle dressed in a ruffled pink skirt at you. You deflect the body with a scimitar. [You're nimbly balanced and in very strong position.]
Re: 8th circle requirements 06/15/2003 12:42 AM CDT
That makes absolutely no sense, and doesn't semm like you should be able to do that

B
Re: 8th circle requirements 06/15/2003 12:51 AM CDT
>That makes absolutely no sense, and doesn't semm like you should be able to do that

Sense or not, it has always been possible for a paladin to circle with shield as their primary armor, even while meeting the shield reqs in addition to the armor reqs.

I'm mainly providing you with this information because you stated that you wanted to provide a website with correct circle reqs for the lower levels of the paladin guild. I hope this helps you.

~Coine

Re: 8th circle requirements 06/15/2003 12:53 AM CDT
>>I'm mainly providing you with this information because you stated that you wanted to provide a website with correct circle reqs for the lower levels of the paladin guild. I hope this helps you.<<

Not a website, but an .exe experience calculator for all guilds. And yes, this information does help a great deal, even tho very confusing for me personally. My thanks in abundence.

B ~ Ajusts his notes accordingly
Re: 8th circle requirements 06/15/2003 12:55 AM CDT
>Not a website, but an .exe experience calculator for all guilds.

Even better.

~Coine

Re: 8th circle requirements 06/15/2003 12:59 AM CDT
If you like, can give you a beta version. Only problem is, now the Paladin (and possibly barb) requirements are jacked... means only Thief, WM and Moonie are correct. (It only has the new IG implimented guilds on it, with the exception of rangers, not done yet)

B
Re: 8th circle requirements 06/15/2003 01:10 AM CDT
>If you like, can give you a beta version. Only problem is, now the Paladin (and possibly barb) requirements are jacked... means only Thief, WM and Moonie are correct. (It only has the new IG implimented guilds on it, with the exception of rangers, not done yet)

I'd like to see it once you are finished with it. If you like, I can check the barb reqs also. Shoot me an e-mail at my play.net address with your IM and we can discuss further.

~Coine

Re: 8th circle requirements 06/19/2003 01:14 PM CDT
>And if there are more than four lores, I can't find the fifth one! Thanks.

1. Mech
2. Teaching
3. Scholarship
4. Music
5. Appraisal

~Sing with all the voice of your soul~