Question about shield and HP 03/07/2003 11:02 AM CST
I'm pretty much a lurker around here and this is my first post so here goes:
I'm 14th circle and right now I have a highest armor req and a shield req. My shield is rapidly approaching my HP and will surpass it before I get to 20th circle where I will have the primary armor and secondary armor req. My first question is if my shield passes my HP does it become my primary (I'm pretty sure it does but just want to make sure), and if it becomes my primary how many ranks of shield will I have to get to circle now? 7? 5? And how many ranks of HP will I have to get? 2? 5? Any help would be appreciated.

Derik
Re: Question about shield and HP 03/07/2003 12:53 PM CST
>My first question is if my shield passes my HP does it become my primary (I'm pretty sure it does but just want to make sure),

Yes, it will become your primary, an enviable position to work from.

>how many ranks of shield will I have to get to circle now? 7? 5? And how many ranks of HP will I have to get? 2? 5?

Your shield skill, when it becomes your primary will meet both Primary armor, and Shield requirements for you. You still need a secondary armor, which would be you HP.

-Slaris
Re: Question about shield and HP 03/07/2003 01:19 PM CST
Thank you for the information Slaris, but how will me being shield primary be enviable?

Derik
Re: Question about shield and HP 03/07/2003 01:27 PM CST
It ends up being slightly easier to learn...

Deutz
Re: Question about shield and HP 03/07/2003 01:42 PM CST
Ahh...thank you.

Derik
Re: Question about shield and HP 03/08/2003 01:18 PM CST
>but how will me being shield primary be enviable?

1) Kills two reqs with one skill.

2) Lower armor learning, somewhat safely is easy easy with a nice big defense like shield.
2a) More armor means more tdps
2b) More armor mean more weapon ranks

3) When you can wear any armor, and learn shield, you're less restricted, unlike the HP/shield primaries.

4) Lower armor learning means better forging, presently. (may change a bit with Forging 2)

Those are the big hitters with current combat mechanics. Although centered more around lower armor, I'm sure theres many more ways to expand upon circling with shield. There is certainly no downside.

-Slaris