Merlew 01/14/2006 12:12 PM CST
Well if anyone finds something good for a paladin at the fest post here to get the word out.

Tyden
Re: Merlew 01/14/2006 08:03 PM CST
>>Well if anyone finds something good for a paladin at the fest post here to get the word out.

Here's what I found that I bought that was "Paladin-specific".

You tap a paladin's earring shaped like a burnished gold longsword and thrust through the earlobe that you are wearing. (Ain't seen these things in AGES, like back when I was 10th circle or so)

You tap a paladin's shield-shaped eyepatch embossed with the image of a clenched gauntlet that you are wearing.

There was also a Paladin-specific wristcuff sold by the same merchant that had the earring and eyepatch. I didn't get it.

You tap a gold-plated tower shield emblazoned with a majestic lion that you are wearing.

>app shield
You are certain that it imposes a moderate maneuvering hinderance.

This shield is large in size.

You are certain that the shield offers low to very impressive protection.

You are certain that it could do:
no puncture damage
no slice damage
severe impact damage

You are certain that the shield is poorly balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the tower shield is fairly sturdy, and is in pristine condition.

The tower shield is made with metal.
It appears that the tower shield can be worn on the left arm.
The tower shield has a bit of weight to it.

And that's without DA. I'm loving it.

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!
Re: Merlew 01/14/2006 10:40 PM CST
Couple question Redarch? Is that an arm worn shield? If not are you appraising it on the arm? Also, which shop was that in?

Squire Ltorilu
Re: Merlew 01/15/2006 07:46 AM CST
>>Is that an arm worn shield?

All shields can now be "adjusted" to become arm-worn shields, so yes, I adjusted mine and slung it on my arm. That app is while it is arm-worn.

>>which shop was that in?

Squinth's Armaments I think it was called?

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!
Re: Merlew 01/15/2006 08:31 AM CST
I suppose its way too early to ask, but I will anyways. Can it be dyed or etched?

Yes, it gets my vote as another sterling example of a hideous shield.

"... and what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"
Re: Merlew 01/20/2006 05:26 AM CST
Slaris hates it, that means it's an awesome shield for paladinlike paladins.

Cavalier Calemnon, Knight of Therengia
Re: Merlew 01/20/2006 06:50 AM CST
First of all it's boring, second of all it's not my taste.

If true paladins are knights in blinding armor, then I'm not one of them :/

Lyonet
Re: Merlew 01/20/2006 02:11 PM CST
>Slaris hates it, that means it's an awesome shield for paladinlike paladins.

I have 15 of them. I just hate all that lion crap. Gold edged? Gold is for chicks and aid station BoT Paladins -- why is so hard to get something plain and simple? Of all the colors in the spectrum and designs to choose from, all of our crap is gold and shiny. Makes me want to puke.

Heh.

"... and what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"
Re: Merlew 01/20/2006 02:27 PM CST
Make a note, more lion and gold themed paladin items. Ohh wait heck with that make it black with gryphon themed stuff.

Tyden
Re: Merlew 01/20/2006 02:51 PM CST
Matter of fact, yes. Why is it so wrong to prefer simple designs?

Yanno, there is no requirement to create a 3 pages of LOOK that noones going to read anyways.

Re: Merlew 01/20/2006 04:45 PM CST
Heh, it's not, I prefer them myself. Thus joking :|

(This Is Not) Mrrar

Out of Context Theatre
"All we know is [...] the Hubs were a sick cross between Marxism and Catholocism." -- Meerc
Re: Merlew 01/23/2006 01:38 PM CST
PRAXIS> Can it be dyed or etched?

Reena peers over the counter at your tower shield and shakes her head. "But darling, it'd be a shame to change the looks of such an interesting shield."

But on the bright side, at least there's a good reason why it can't be dyed.

Lyonet
Re: Merlew --**Nudge** and Hidden Posts 01/24/2006 01:58 PM CST
Not only has SP been prepped, it has been cast (some posts were SMITED and hidden). Let's cease with the bickering or take it to the proper folder. For questions or comments, email me at Mod-Arhia@play.net; Senior Board Monitor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net), or Board Supervisor Cecco (DR-Cecco@play.net). Thanks for your COOPERATION. --Arhia

"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." --Mark Twain