Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 08/29/2003 03:56 PM CDT
Can the sword belts be changed from belt worn to waist worn and be made to hold as much as other sword belts?

Thank you.

~Coine

"Walks are therapeutic, especially when taken by people that annoy me." - Coine
Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/18/2003 04:50 PM CDT
Ok, looking over the two items: the lantern and the swordbelt. The lantern isn't an easy fix so I pulled it from the shop for now. The swordbelt I'm going to keep just for now and review it's change. I'm thinking of just getting more items in the shop and go for that. Someone mentioned wanting some ME in there. Anything else? Let's be reasonable folks :-)

~Maece

The Pizzeria will be closed during the lifeboat drill.
Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/18/2003 05:40 PM CDT
>Anything else? Let's be reasonable folks :-)

Crossbows. Crossbow bolts. Ones that scream justice as they whistle through the air. Ok, maybe not scream, how about a dull roar?

You are certain that it could do:
heavy puncture damage
low slice damage
fair impact damage

You are certain that the crossbow bolt is somewhat flimsy, and is in pristine condition.
Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/18/2003 05:42 PM CDT
How about a forging haversack or something like that with the Paladin guild stuff on it?

Phanton
Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/18/2003 06:25 PM CDT
Ideas...hmmm...

How about a cloak for us guys, the chicks have some very nice looking ones in the crossing shop. Doesn't even have to be gender specific, just something a guy would wear. The KICK verb on cloaks always seemed very paladinish to me, so maybe 1-2 verbs? You could make it bright pink, and I'd still buy it with that verb.

Perhaps some sort of paladin jewelry, other than the 300 rings currently available. Amulets, talismans, wristcuffs, earrings, etc.

More surcoats, tabards, etc.

Some sort of paladin RP items. Not really sure what to suggest here, but some RP stuff would be very nice to have.

Death is life's little way of saying "you're working too hard."
Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/18/2003 07:14 PM CDT
Excellent ideas so far. I'll see if I can't get at least a few of them in this time around.

~Maece

Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/18/2003 09:42 PM CDT
Some cambrinth items that don't scream Chadatru and his aspects.

Weapons of all kinds instead of just HE and 2HE. I'd personally like to see at least one short staff.

~S.T.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/19/2003 12:32 AM CDT
Yeah, short staff! Those things are both rare and too easy to break.

Absorb...
and Transform!!!
Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/19/2003 09:39 AM CDT
<<short staff>>

Easy nuff!

~Maece

Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/19/2003 01:11 PM CDT
>Easy nuff!

Excellent!

~S.T.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/19/2003 03:13 PM CDT
Any chance of making that silver banded shield on par with a tower shield? Pretty please?

Samsaren Remlane
Remember those that came before, remember honor.
Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/19/2003 03:15 PM CDT
Question, what about those of us who already bought the lanterns, sword belts, and shields? Can we get them updated once they are fixed or is it just our loss?

Also, mind posting the full inventory once you correct/add to it? I mean, someone's gonna go and do it anyway and that way we can all let you know if something you list isn't working, as well.

Arcelebor
Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/19/2003 03:56 PM CDT

How about a quater staff nothing says justice like a paladin pommeling a critter with an over glorified stick(ducks). We need some nice weird weapons. Could borrow from a long list of interesting medieval weapons.

Glaives(pike or halberd), pilums(pike), partizans(pike), foils(ME), sword rapiers(HE or ME), falchions(HE) , schiavonas(HE), war swords(HE), misrecords(LE), dirks(LE), claymores(2HE), flamberge rapiers(ME). I'd definantly like to see more verby weapons.

We need some cool sheaths and harnesses as long as a couple sheaths are belt worn. You see a highly polished rosewood sheath(belt worn). Have some cool scroll work running down its length.
Some more sword belts nice and verby.

We need some cloaks how about some cool verby tabards. Could toss in a few less used ideas Dusters, long coats, greatcoats. There are alot of things i'd like to see. :)

Oh how abouts some good boots and shirts and stuff. But all together i'd like to see some more weapons and verby stuff. Just a few thoughts.

Ibec Alshaerd of Zoluren

Stamped upon the parchment is the Crest of House Alshaerd. A grandeous phoenix rising from the Greater Fist of Heavens encircled by golden laurels.

Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/19/2003 04:52 PM CDT
Forging equipment sounds cool, but please no Paladin crests on things. It's tacky in my eyes.

You know what would be cool? Selling some of those handcuffs that were given as prizes in one of the Mentor events a few years ago. Fun verby things you can wear on your belt. Whooo! ;)

Need a babelfish for DragonRealms?
http://www.bakshiloa.com/libraryindex.html

Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/19/2003 04:59 PM CDT
<<Any chance of making that silver banded shield on par with a tower shield>> Maybe!

<<Question, what about those of us who already bought the lanterns, sword belts, and shields? Can we get them updated once they are fixed or is it just our loss?>>

The lantern is basically bugged so that will be replaced. Everything will not be updated in the shop, I will simply put out new stuff based on your feedback.

~Maece

Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/19/2003 05:01 PM CDT
<<You know what would be cool? Selling some of those handcuffs that were given as prizes in one of the Mentor events a few years ago. Fun verby things you can wear on your belt.>>

I don't think I can do this one, but since Rod is Justice Guru... I can at least inquire on the item.

~Maece

Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/19/2003 09:24 PM CDT
Maece,

Can we have an idea when additional items would be available in the shop?

Would like to plan a trip there to look at the new items and add them to my inventory.

Thanks

- Kurgan
Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/19/2003 10:55 PM CDT
<<Can we have an idea when additional items would be available in the shop?>>

It all kind of depends on some other very pressing projects I have. It wouldn't be in a month that's for sure.

~Maece

Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/19/2003 11:09 PM CDT
Some combination items would be nice. Such as lt/lb, ht/mb, ht/hb, a short/quarter staff made of metal (wood ones break too quick). A hb/2hb combo would be interesting. Some forging kits, pouches, aprons, hammers, and other assorted stuff. A shield that's above average (Barbarians were/are supposed to get a shop with above average weapons, why can't we have above average armors/shields). Some pike/hablerd weapons would be nice too.

I'll think of more later, lol.

Ellsdragon
--Weebles wobble but the don't fall down! or do they?!?
Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/20/2003 12:42 AM CDT
>a short/quarter staff made of metal (wood ones break too quick)

It's the construction...and Coine has metal ones that app the same and break just as easy.

>A shield that's above average (Barbarians were/are supposed to get a shop with above average weapons, why can't we have above average armors/shields).

I believe this same question was put forth when the Warrior Mages' got their shop of limited quantity items that were better than average. I sincerely hope Paladins can get some items, in the shop, through a merchant, or at the next fest, which will be made from something other thant the standard templates (the 47 stone bastard swords, the Theren tower shields, etc.).

All in all some good suggestions. Please don't plaster Chadatru and his aspects on everything (like most of the things in the Crossings Guild Shop) or Paladin Guild Crests. Some people like that stuff, I'm not asking that you leave those things out, but there are some of us who play our paladins differently and prefer not to have them using/wearing items of that nature. Basically I'm requesting a little more variety.

I'm not hard to please, I promise!

~S.T.

Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/20/2003 01:23 PM CDT
<<>A shield that's above average (Barbarians were/are supposed to get a shop with above average weapons, why can't we have above average armors/shields).

I believe this same question was put forth when the Warrior Mages' got their shop of limited quantity items that were better than average. I sincerely hope Paladins can get some items, in the shop, through a merchant, or at the next fest, which will be made from something other thant the standard templates (the 47 stone bastard swords, the Theren tower shields, etc.).>>

This has been looked into and there has been a resolution for us, obviously still limited, but there is a slight twist. You'll find out fairly soon and not really GM soon.

~Maece

Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/20/2003 01:25 PM CDT
<<All in all some good suggestions. Please don't plaster Chadatru and his aspects on everything (like most of the things in the Crossings Guild Shop) or Paladin Guild Crests. Some people like that stuff, I'm not asking that you leave those things out, but there are some of us who play our paladins differently and prefer not to have them using/wearing items of that nature. Basically I'm requesting a little more variety.>.

Obviously as a guild shop, I'll always have guild crest or god related stuff. However, I also tried to keep things away from that. For the release of the shop, I tried to put in an island feel for the items, but of course that will not be the standard theme. If there are stuff in there that you would love to see replicated in a different design, just let me know.

~Maece

Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/21/2003 09:10 AM CDT
Bardiches. With or without devices, markings, etc we need bardiches :o)

Oh, and combat manoeuvres nods

Cheers - Cyllwdd
Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/21/2003 05:59 PM CDT
A polishing cloth for weapons, with verb or two.

You get a clean polishing cloth from your backpack
polish broad
You carfully clean your broadsword, polishing it to a brilliant shine.
polish broad lazy
You give your broadsword a quick once over with the cloth, getting most of the big stuff off.
clean cloth
You dip your cloth in some water and clean the blood and dirt away, leaving it fresh and ready for use again.

Something similar to this would be REALLY cool to have.

Death is life's little way of saying "you're working too hard."
Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/25/2003 11:26 AM CDT
Is there a Large (heavy) blunt weapon there? If not, I'd like to see one added

Squire Rialan
For Rutilor and Honor
Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 10/25/2003 12:04 PM CDT
You get a steel hammer with a lion's head handle from inside your blued-steel harness.
app my hammer
It is a heavy thrown and heavy blunt type weapon.
60 stones

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell
Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 12/11/2003 02:09 AM CST
out of all the weapons and stuff....I really like Andamir's idea for the verbed polishing cloth.
Re: Ratha Paladins' Guild shop 12/11/2003 02:43 PM CST
I like the way several Rathan stores have items with seaweed or coral in it. Even though we are all paladins, the shops in Crossing, Ratha (never really shopped anywhere else) should have their own bit of style.. to reinforce the local needs of each towns paladins. Kinda like the Robe sword which is the traditional weapon of the Aesry Paladins?. I can just imagine the Crossing Paladins having a traditional bastard or even the Rathan Paladins having a traditional blade that is salt-water etched. Or just taking the robe sword (kinda taken with that blade actually) or a bastard one, and in every pally shop making a change which speaks of the province.
Clothing. The shop Crossing has nice formal attire. Could the Rathan shop have items that can be worn on sand and surf and is reflective of the corruptive nature of the town?

Monacus

Sword hand raised with the greatest reluctance but truest blade, may the 13 have mercy on the noble Paladin!