Re: Glyph of Warding Update 11/30/2019 01:47 PM CST
Two slight inconsistencies I noticed when using the Glyph, Armifer.

First, tracing on the living doesn't appear to accrue any soul pool loss. My soulstone displayed highest level of pool possible (It brightens with a powerful inner light that, somehow, manages to not cast shadows.) both before and after tracing the glyph 3 or 4 times on living targets within ~30 seconds of one another.

Second, when I trace it on myself I get strange amalgam of both First and Third person messaging:

>gly ward anuind
You trace a holy glyph over Anuind, igniting it with a spark from your soul! A soft red glow settles over Anuind as the spiritual protection takes hold.
Anuind traces a glyph over you, causing a soft red glow to appear around you!

- Anuind Silverspruce

Any drunken idiot can fall off a bar stool, a real man rides it to the ground.
Re: Glyph of Warding Update 11/30/2019 02:05 PM CST
I adjusted the soul pool cost a bit. Let me know if you continue to see nothing; soul stone results are ranges and glyphing is a relatively modest action, but 3-4 people in quick succession should at least be noticeable now.

Messaging has been fixed.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Glyph of Warding Update 11/30/2019 03:42 PM CST
Thank you, Armifer. Tracing 3 times in rapid succession now reflects a more dynamic use of soul pool.

In regards to Conviction experience accrued: I humbly submit for consideration the addition of a moderate timer on how often one can learn Conviction from tracing the glyph balanced with a mild increase to the amount of experience one learns from using it.

- Anuind Silverspruce

Any drunken idiot can fall off a bar stool, a real man rides it to the ground.
Re: Glyph of Warding Update 12/05/2019 02:28 AM CST
Any way to see if it's active on someone and the duration? I'm not seeing anything, but I did use Pfanston as a test subject, so it might be that he's too old for anything to work on him.
Re: Glyph of Warding Update 12/05/2019 11:01 AM CST
Tracing it a second time gives you a timer.
Re: Glyph of Warding Update 12/23/2019 12:34 AM CST
Really Crappy side effect of this change is the self ward when you die now dumps all your inventory on the floor instead of giving you a ward. This was unexpected and heart stopping. Please add that back
Re: Glyph of Warding Update 01/02/2020 12:21 AM CST
I'm not understanding the new self-ward mechanics I guess. Do you have to type depart coins or depart grave for the self ward to activate? It seems like typing anything else (including just 'depart' if you have 3 or more favors) would cause the warding glyph to not activate.

Will Glyph of Warding activate in the case of paladin who self casts and types Depart but has zero favors?

Any chance the Glyph of Warding could just self activate on death?

Documentation is a love letter you write to your future self.
Re: Glyph of Warding Update 01/07/2020 08:24 PM CST

This seems to be a step back for Paladins at this point. Can we get some clarity from a GM on if this was the intention please?