Soulstone updates 01/08/2018 05:19 PM CST
Did this update reset everyone's pool? Also, soulstones check soul state, and not soul pool, correct?

Mine was at the maximum, but as I just checked, I'm getting the minimal messaging.

You breathe softly on the clasp... |
You believe you catch the faintest flicker of light. You might have imagined it.

I'm fighting undead at the moment, too.

Mithgrek, player of.
Re: Soulstone updates 01/08/2018 05:24 PM CST
It did not touch your actual pool, but I may have screwed up reading it.

>>Also, soulstones check soul state, and not soul pool, correct?

It can check both, depending on whether you rub or exhale.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Soulstone updates 01/08/2018 05:33 PM CST
So I'm looking at your character now and notice your soul state is great but your pool is really, really low. Is it possible you were thinking of your soul state when you exhaled (which shows your pool)?

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Soulstone updates 01/08/2018 05:41 PM CST

It's possible, I suppose. I assumed my soul pool was high as (until past 24 hours) I never used smite, and rarely used glyph of mana. I've also been doing some smite testing to determine messaging, but I never took it below zero, or saw messages to that effect.

I thought that (once upon a time?) attempting to smite without strength to do so would take a hit to the soul state, but I do not have a deep background or DR Lore or history.

Mithgrek, player of.
Re: Soulstone updates 01/08/2018 06:40 PM CST
Is this an appropriate place and time to ask about the 'flecks of blackness' in the power perception messaging?

No one ever explained it to me, but how does it fit into the 'new' paladin idea?
Re: Soulstone updates 01/08/2018 08:01 PM CST

Speaking of which, are there plans to keep both soul pool and soul state? The two seem pretty closely intertwined.
Re: Soulstone updates 01/08/2018 08:13 PM CST
>>Speaking of which, are there plans to keep both soul pool and soul state? The two seem pretty closely intertwined.

Yup. I agree with the sentiment that went behind separating them -- it's both thematically squirrely and difficult to balance eating soul state to power your abilities.

That said, I'm unhappy with how the soul pool is figured and regens at the moment. I've got approval to shake it up, but I'm still contemplating the exact shape of it. In broad terms, I want to keep the max size of the pool roughly where it is, and significantly speed up regen pulses (possibly reducing the size of each pulse somewhat to compensate).

-Armifer
Re: Soulstone updates 01/09/2018 09:57 AM CST
>Is this an appropriate place and time to ask about the 'flecks of blackness' in the power perception messaging?

I'd like to know, too, if we may know at this point.
Re: Soulstone updates 01/12/2018 10:11 PM CST
Please post the visions here or message them to me on Discord and I'll be glad to update it for the non-wiki-savvy!
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Paladin_vision_list