Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Top Ten List 03/17/2013 11:40 AM CDT

When Kodius posted that is scales to 70 charisma pretty good, I actually tried 70 charisma and it did seem a tad better than a normal slice but draw was more accurate and was hitting harder. I quickly respec stat and dropped my charisma way down. Honestly I think the problem is that smite is under the slice attack. In my opinion, The problem would be fixed if it was brought up to use the draw attack instead of slice.

Its pretty sad since smite used to be our to go ability in combat when we wanted to hit something and do some damage, now its just a noddle attack.
Re: Top Ten List 03/17/2013 07:18 PM CDT
Righto. I wish I had tested DRAW back during the 3.0 tests to show Kodius the comparisons, right now I dont see a reason to use slice or smite. Thats even with sword based (heavy slice, not heavy impact) attacks. I'm not certain if draw is over performing or what, basically this is my experience.

2.0: Smite was noticeable.
Early 3.0 Test: Smite was godly over powered
Post fixed 3.0 Test: Smite showed zero difference between slices.
Current 3.0: It seems...SEEMS noticeable over a normal slice. Not sure if with nearly capped charisma if I should say "I might notice it". I have ran genie hunter with some added scripts for a few days counting the smites per kill before I changed to draw and on average with smite and without smite I was killing warklin in 7 and some decimal attacks. Smite was better, but it was something of a factor of .25 or so attacks. Hardly seemed worth while, although granted because of rounding and health, its hard to gauge the exact effects.

Draw has taken me down to the very low 6 strike average strikes per kill. Notably neither test includes non offensive attacks that I do in my sequences (circle, pushes, weaves, etc). I dont draw 6 times in a row, a command in between seems long enough to reset any penalties.

My thought is that draw seems balanced against slice, it hits better but its costlier, but very manageable to be honest. I dont see where smite fits in here, which steam rolls for me into a number of things: its the only unique offensive combat verb we have (whirl, snipe, backstab being unique combat verbs) , and really was the only carrot-on-the-stick we had to train charisma. Lead is ancient and seems to scale off levels and group size more than anything, or caps charisma very early it 'feels'. Soul Pool size is not really an issue because paladins dont constantly use powers from it, they are more utility powers and any paladin over 30th seems to have enough to make do. Its not like I'm going to through up a glyph of mana over and over for a few hours.

Anyhow, enough of that tangent.
Re: Top Ten List 03/18/2013 08:53 PM CDT

Yes, hate to admit that I feel smite is just not something useful at this point in its current form.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page