Spell-tweaks: BOT 01/23/2013 02:33 PM CST
BOT - overall this spell seems impossible to cast without being in a room alone. Spell is ineffective and pointless as it stands if it is working as intended.

Khohan
Re: Spell-tweaks: BOT 01/23/2013 02:58 PM CST
Yeah, I've noticed that as well. I was in a room with a thief that is some 75 circles below me, and it fizzled. he walked out, and boom, no problem. No luck either when trying to cast it with critters there.

I imagine it all has to do with warding ranks...but the thief contest just felt really off.

You say, "Tada."

WHAM
A sudden burst of oily smelling air strikes you in the face.
Re: Spell-tweaks: BOT 01/23/2013 03:24 PM CST
Is your spell stance set for integrity? That is what is used to get through people's resistance. It might help if you put it up to 130% just for casting this spell then putting it back.
Re: Spell-tweaks: BOT 01/23/2013 03:55 PM CST
>>Is your spell stance set for integrity? That is what is used to get through people's resistance.

Doesn't integrity just determine if the spell is taken apart via wards/dispels/etc, as opposed to just failing a Stat vs Stat contest? I thought that's based on potency.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Spell-tweaks: BOT 01/23/2013 03:55 PM CST
I suspect if one thief could unwind a BOT at 100% integrity (or even 70%) than there are more issues than simply stancing up to 130%. I have not tested this yet but will tonight.
Re: Spell-tweaks: BOT 01/23/2013 06:18 PM CST
Not sure how much free time I'll have over the next few days, but this is noted for investigation.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Spell-tweaks: BOT 01/24/2013 04:39 PM CST
Thanks Raesh -

I'm apparently also being outclassed by a corpse :(

You gesture.
You contribute your harnessed streams to increase the pattern's potential.
Your Banner of Truce almost completes itself, but at the last minute it fails to form!
>l
[Ice Caves, Cavern's Heart]
Torches are set up in a circle around a gaping chasm that opens in the hard frozen stone of the cavern's floor. At the north edge of the void, an iron altar stained with dried blood stands flanked by two large silver braziers. Light from the fires fill the surrounding cavern and flicker in a light breeze that constantly rises from the chasm. You also see a plain deobar strongbox, a black cloak, an Adan'f shadow mage which appears dead and some junk.
Obvious exits: north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest.

You say, "Tada."

WHAM
A sudden burst of oily smelling air strikes you in the face.
Re: Spell-tweaks: BOT/HOJ 01/24/2013 05:35 PM CST
>>I'm apparently also being outclassed by a corpse :(

I'm having a similar issue, using 40 prep casts with 130% in potency/integrity with a circle 12 Thief in the room results in fizzles.

>>I was in a room with a thief that is some 75 circles below me, and it fizzled.

Oh my Thief is WAY more than 75 circles lower than you Belea. I'd imagine probably 90. As a side note, I didn't actually steal from you. I was just wrapping up a stealing run, passed by you, and slipped a few coins in your pocket compliments of the Human juggler outside the Trader's guild tower. I thought it was curious your HOJ actually closed my stealing ability considering I'd only stolen from NPCs / Shops. I'd always presumed the spell would only work on someone who'd stolen from a player, but clearly any stealing at all will suffice.

- Anuind Lyndon

When naming your holy weapon consider the following: Everyone has a Holy Avenger or a Divine Vengeance. Why not go with something your foes will never accept the shame of being smote by, "The Fuzzy Kitten".
Re: Spell-tweaks: BOT/HOJ 01/26/2013 01:40 AM CST

BOT also gets resisted by your group members. I'm assuming that isn't intended either, thought more people in your group was actually supposed to help get past resistances of non-grouped people.
Re: Spell-tweaks 01/30/2013 08:59 AM CST
>>Reverted the HoW cyclic thing.

Can you elaborate when you get a moment, please? I'm having issues casting this that I wasn't having yesterday. Yesterday I was prepping at 15 and able to cast right away. Now if I do that I get the message that I'm lacking the skill to complete. If I wait to 10 seconds, I backfire. I can cast at 15 mana if I 'fully prep' at 20 seconds. Just wondering if that's intended.

Primary Magic: 649
Warding: 455

Thanks!

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Spell-tweaks 01/30/2013 09:22 AM CST
Yes, it has a prep time again.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Spell-tweaks 01/30/2013 09:28 AM CST

Okie, thank you!

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Spell-tweaks 01/30/2013 10:11 AM CST
Hello Raesh.

Is there background around the HoW reversion? Not sure if it was related to the recent discussion regarding scaling/stun potency. Was reducing its difficulty a way to make it easier to get out better stuns when hunting at level or was the change unrelated?
Re: Spell-tweaks 01/30/2013 10:13 AM CST
Totally unrelated. Soon after 3.0 launched there were some technical changes to how cyclics worked that were implemented for Bards, Paladins, Empaths and Moon Mages. These ended up being A Bad Idea (tm) and caused quite a few headaches.

-Raesh

Re: Spell-tweaks 01/30/2013 10:30 AM CST
Thank you Raesh!
Re: Spell-tweaks 01/30/2013 05:02 PM CST
For the most minor splittest of seconds I thought you meant the original change that made it esoteric and I was a happy panda that I could cast it again. Then I actually read what you said and I went back to being a sad panda desperately training magics.