Evasion. 08/17/2012 10:34 AM CDT
Given how small evasion skill pulses are when compared to weapons and armor, is 4 ranks per circle excessive? I do think that evasion should be trained as hard as possible but it seems there is only so much you can do. Currently, evasion is 100 ranks behind my primary weapon and 180 ranks behind shield. Shield pulses appear to be 1.25%, Weapons are pulsing at 1.01 and evasion is pulsing at 0.60. That's about half of what my shield skill is currently pulsing at. Right now, my primary weapon is the bane of my existence as far as what I need to circle and after 3.0 hits, it will most assuredly become evasion. Currently I have mid 40s wisdom and intel. Thoughts?
Re: Evasion. 08/17/2012 10:54 AM CDT
Personally, I think the evasion req is fine, considering we are a combat guild. Evasion ranks are so slow for me right now, I just ignore the pulse size compared to shield to not get discouraged.

The problem is with tert ranks in general, and I really noticed a slowdown at only about 400 ranks. Personally, that is too low for tert ranks to start becoming so painful. As I mentioned above, I just dont look at magic or evasion ranks as closely as I do shield ranks.
Re: Evasion. 08/17/2012 10:58 AM CDT
Well, I noticed clerics and warrior mages got an armor requirement of 2/2/3/3/4 That would be slightly more palatable. I realize we're a combat guild, and I don't have a problem with the evasion requirement in general, it just seems a little high for a tert skill. Seems like, as a combat guild, it shouldn't even be tert. We are the best at moving in armor, but when it comes to actually being able to move, we're half as good at it. Just my perspective, I guess. What level are you at, Worril?
Re: Evasion. 08/17/2012 11:05 AM CDT
Truth be told, I kind of have mixed feelings since I'm going to be grandfathered some ranks in evasion. On the other hand, I'll need it to level and it seems like that might be sort of slow.. that's why I was wondering what others thought about it.
Re: Evasion. 08/17/2012 01:35 PM CDT
Honestly, the way things stand right now you learn evasion from the second you enter combat until you walk out. It's stupidly easy to train. With the reqs as listed for 3.0 that leaves us at what, 460ish required by 150th? If you don't have more than that by 150th you will have bigger issues than circling reqs. Just my take on it.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Evasion. 08/17/2012 01:49 PM CDT

<<Honestly, the way things stand right now you learn evasion from the second you enter combat until you walk out. It's stupidly easy to train. With the reqs as listed for 3.0 that leaves us at what, 460ish required by 150th? If you don't have more than that by 150th you will have bigger issues than circling reqs. Just my take on it.>>

Well, it's more like 520. I agree, I'll get there eventually, the only reason I mentioned it is that it's going to slow people down on getting to 150. Assuming evasion continues to pulse at half the rate shield does, when I have enough shield for 150, I'll probably still be 60-80 ranks shy on the evasion. Maybe I should have posted this in the complaints folder, I seem to be doing a lot of complaining here. I guess I'll just suck it up and take my free ranks of evasion when 3.0 rolls in.
Re: Evasion. 08/17/2012 01:55 PM CDT

Nah, complaining is fine, I'm just looking at my current ranks at circle 136, with 785 shield and 641 evasion. I just don't see it really being an issue. Remember that primary skills will slow down as they get higher as well. And evasion locks within minutes of entering at level combat. I think the req sounds harsher than it really is.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Evasion. 08/17/2012 02:00 PM CDT
I was thinking about taking my mentals up to 50 since we're getting TDPs refunded anyway. Do you know when diminishing returns kick in enough to make it not worth doing?
Re: Evasion. 08/17/2012 02:06 PM CDT

I've heard it's around 40 or 50. I've never tested that theory though. They are still useful for spell contests among other things so I just keep them up.

~Katt

Re: Evasion. 08/18/2012 02:26 AM CDT

Just to answer your question matthewn, I am level 180, ~1500 shield and ~1150 evasion.
Re: Evasion. 08/18/2012 01:42 PM CDT
I don't think the issue is really with evasion being a Hard req, its the fact you now need another survival instead.

Outlaw Walcar Seord, Heir of Therengia