un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 12:39 AM CDT
1. do you own a horse?
2. do you interact with your horse
3. do you hunt with your horse
4. do you joust with your horse
5. if could change 1 thing the way horses work, what would that ONE thing be.

thanks all
^_^
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 12:41 AM CDT
1. yes
2. yes, I groom, pet, and even put armor on him
3. almost always
4. I haven't had a good opportunity to try jousting out.
5. besides known bugs, ability to group with other mounted people.

Verand
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 12:57 AM CDT
Well... I'm not a Paladin but:

1. do you own a horse? Yes
2. do you interact with your horse? No
3. do you hunt with your horse? No
4. do you joust with your horse? No
5. if could change 1 thing the way horses work, what would that ONE thing be? A point. Maybe if they taught animal lore? They'd still be pointless, but they'd be (slightly) useful.

Dartenian says, "The thing that makes Dragon Dance king is that it pretty much bonuses every single that can possibly be buffed for combat. Including at least two things that don't even exist."
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 02:07 AM CDT
1. do you own a horse? Yes.
2. do you interact with your horse No
3. do you hunt with your horse No
4. do you joust with your horse Yes

Not sure.. grouping mechanics maybe... Animal Lore would be nice too.
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 02:33 AM CDT
>5. if could change 1 thing the way horses work, what would that ONE thing be? A point. Maybe if they taught animal lore? They'd still be pointless, but they'd be (slightly) useful.

The most obvious thing is that they could carry gear. Pack animals would be useful for this also.

You can travel faster on them in theory, but they have several quirks which make it completely impractical.

As a bonus, I'd suggest horses be able to move in shallow water with no RT.

It's hard for horses to have a real niche when normal travel is so quick and easy...
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 09:08 AM CDT
as far as horses in water go....I don't get any Rt when i go to ogres near crossing when i'm running across the brook.

same thing in vipers/serpents near haven.

so i'm not sure which water your refering to.

Verand
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 09:16 AM CDT
1. Do you own a horse? yup
2. Do you interact with your horse? no
3. Do you hunt with your horse? no
4. Do you joust with your horse? yes
5. If could change 1 thing the way horses work, what would that ONE thing be? Being able to hold items has always been a suggestion, it would be nice to have my horse hold extra armor sets. I really think just general usability though, there doesn't seem any reason to own a horse outside of jousting.

-Guardian Lord Alaxndr Durnovaria, Advocate of Therengia

"A knight is sworn to valor
His heart knows only virtue
His blade defends the helpless
His words speak only truth
His wrath undoes the wicked."
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 09:40 AM CDT
I guess that shows how often I ride my horse...
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 09:49 AM CDT
I own a horse. Never take it out of the stable except for a joust. I do joust (seldom).

I would make the attack from a horse be bonused in some manner, which seems to make sense to me.

Madigan

Free the Paladin Guild in 2009.
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 10:20 AM CDT
1)Yes
2)No
3)No- At the time I couldn't get it into the area I was hunting, so pretty much gave up after that.
4)Occasionally
5)I would like a couple of things on this wish list. I would like a bonus to melee combat. I would like someone being able to retreat from me while mounted pretty much impossible. And finally I would like to be able to use the lead ablility on a horse solo. Also if by chance my horse bucks you in the face, it would create a serious stun. :)

~Silus
Smite first, ask questions later.
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 10:31 AM CDT
1. do you own a horse?
- as of two days ago
2. do you interact with your horse
- i stabled it
3. do you hunt with your horse
- no
4. do you joust with your horse
- no
- the horses would be changed to allow us to kick people out of the guild into the manure pile again. yes, this is horse-related.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 11:07 AM CDT
>I would make the attack from a horse be bonused in some manner, which seems to make sense to me.

Rapid engagement on charge attacks?
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 11:22 AM CDT
<<Rapid engagement on charge attacks?

That was exactly my thought (I was thinking instant melee), but decided to just leave it as an open statement. I would also add a "no retreat" from the horse unless on a horse as well. That may be OP however.

Anyway, seems to make sense that getting to melee should be fast(er), escaping from a horse should be hard(er) and if you are attacking with leverage from above, you should hit hard(er).

Madigan

Free the Paladin Guild in 2009.
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 01:05 PM CDT
own a horse. its collected dust in the stable since the first time i tried to use it

~Maryhana
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 04:08 PM CDT
2. do you interact with your horse Yes
3. do you hunt with your horse Yes, when I could get the horse into the hunting area (Don't know due to horse being broken, i.e. won't fight)
4. do you joust with your horse No (Noone to joust against in Plat)
5. if could change 1 thing the way horses work, what would that ONE thing be. - Currently, to get my horse back to fighting in combat again.

~Player of Zaud (Platinum)

Re: un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 04:56 PM CDT
2. do you interact with your horse? No.
3. do you hunt with your horse? No.
4. do you joust with your horse? I've jousted with Madame Zaeylor Goose, and spanked her at it.
5. if could change 1 thing the way horses work, what would that ONE thing be. - That I could send him on a rampage through crossing slaying the infidels. And that he could cut off the ears from their corpses for me, and make a necklace out of them that I could wear with pride.

- Sir Korsik Rippentropp, Most Noble Paladine

Crusader against the Innocent
Defender of All That is Wrong
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 05:26 PM CDT
I own a horse and stabled her a while ago. Haven't interacted with her since.

Divy
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 06:08 PM CDT
>5. if could change 1 thing the way horses work, what would that ONE thing be. - That I could send him on a rampage through crossing slaying the infidels. And that he could cut off the ears from their corpses for me, and make a necklace out of them that I could wear with pride.

Sorry, that's two things.
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 06:11 PM CDT
<<>5. if could change 1 thing the way horses work, what would that ONE thing be. - That I could send him on a rampage through crossing slaying the infidels. And that he could cut off the ears from their corpses for me, and make a necklace out of them that I could wear with pride.

Stop stealing my skra fingerbone cape idea. There can only be one.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/04/2009 10:08 PM CDT
1. do you own a horse? yes
2. do you interact with your horse? not any more
3. do you hunt with your horse? I did until I found out that it can be drowned in the river in gryphons, and you lose all your tack, saddle, armor, bridle, interest in using your horse, etc etc
4. do you joust with your horse? no
5. if could change 1 thing the way horses work, what would that ONE thing be. make bonding with it more user friendly, and have some other kind of indiciators of the level of bond other then one day the horse can magically be signaled to attack
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/06/2009 01:04 PM CDT
2. do you interact with your horse No
3. do you hunt with your horse Once in a while
4. do you joust with your horse Yes

Many things....

I would allow horses to be taken anywhere a player can hunt with exeption to indoor or underground locations. Riding a horse through places like black leucros would give a perception bonus to movement as you can see over grass/ better see the path etc. Riding through water should be possible and horses should swim after their master. Mounted combat should be more robust and should grant a bonus to combat; I don't much need my horse to attack seperately from me, I want it to bonus my ability and position in combat.
Interaction with your horse should teach animal lore.

Khohan
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/06/2009 01:06 PM CDT
and.....

<<Anyway, seems to make sense that getting to melee should be fast(er), escaping from a horse should be hard(er) and if you are attacking with leverage from above, you should hit hard(er).>> <
this

Khohan
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/06/2009 04:53 PM CDT
1. do you own a horse? Yup
2. do you interact with your horse? Yes, lately just grooming mixed in my mind numbing training script
3. do you hunt with your horse? Rarely while on Ratha but constantly around Haven or Shard. If its a horse friendly hunting spot then id probably bring the horse.
4. do you joust with your horse? Not yet
5. if could change 1 thing the way horses work, what would that ONE thing be? Face mechanics while on horseback

AKA Rumael

"Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation is almost always somebody screwed up." - Dr House
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/06/2009 08:57 PM CDT
the first bond level you get with a horse is "signal horse to charge <mob>" and you will be at melee, and your horse will hit once as well. The only thing is, you will be at melee (behind mob) and your horse will STILL be at missle. slight little bug, because the horse hunting range in normal dr doesn't matter. It will attack even when it's not in the asses combat. which will allow you to do the following.

signal horse to charge
retreat
signal horse to charge
smite.

that's 3 attack almost instantly because currently retreating doesn't give RT, and your horse charging also doesn't give RT...

and well, smite is just awesome that anything slightly below your weapon skill will be 1/2/3 shotted in less then a second. for instance, i have 190 in 2he, the above combo will kill haven swampies, and usually my second hit after the smite will kill lang peccs.

anyways, here's to one of your wishes already in the game that you never knew about.

now only if someone knew what the second bond was (was told no one has achieved this yet)

Cheers
Re: un-scientific questionar 09/07/2009 11:07 PM CDT
1. do you own a horse? I don't remember
2. do you interact with your horse See one above
3. do you hunt with your horse See two above
4. do you joust with your horse See three above
5. if could change 1 thing the way horses work, what would that ONE thing be: Group travel, currently they seem more hassle than they are worth? And I don't need a hunting partner that can only kill things that I can kill with my tenth weapon. If I did I'd grab a Bard to hunt with..

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.