Re-bonding with a horse 08/07/2009 12:36 PM CDT
here's the situation.

bought a horse, got it fully trained, i was a 30th circle paladin though.

was spending enough time with the horse that I was able to go and have it kill blood wolves with ease on it's own. 2 shotting them.

I decided since I need to be 40th to really start using the horse effectivly, I would stable and go power circle my way to 40th.

so that took me about a month to do, and here I am, 40th, and so I took out my horse to go back into fight mode, with a horse now.

However, when i got my horse back into the fray of combat, it won't advance, and never attacks, it just sits there, luckly nothing attacks it back, even when it is advanced upon.

So i read through the boards, and I have been trying to re-bond with the horse to no luck.

I pet him, groom him, and try to bring him everywhere with me, and still I haven't gotten it to rebond with me.

I'm 44th circle now...4 lazy circles latter and still no bond.

Any help on how to proceed?
Re: Re-bonding with a horse 08/07/2009 01:12 PM CDT
1. Stable Horse
2. Wait for the player minion system.
3. Hope it covers horses as well.

Probably not the answer you're looking for but in my opinion its the least frustrating way to go.

- George, Player of Foresee
Re: Re-bonding with a horse 08/07/2009 04:30 PM CDT
Unless its for RP or you need the horses extra attacks in farming then just leave it alone. Have a great one, used it once. They are trash. I really wish they weren't..

~Maryhana
Re: Re-bonding with a horse 08/07/2009 05:30 PM CDT
the problem with a post like that, is that it doesn't encourage 1. people to get them, which in turn means 2. less people get them, which in turn 3. means less people notice stuff is wrong with them. which in turn leads to 4. GM's not seeing people interested in them. which finally leads to 5. GM not wanting to develop something that people don't want.

personally, yes, I want them more as a RP thing then anything else, sure, it would be nice to have them help farm for money, but still, i'm a paladin, I deserve a working horse. so I will work with what is available to get the horse to a finely polished warhose as possible, and work around as many limitations as I can until the gm's either fix them, or my character dies.
Re: Re-bonding with a horse 08/09/2009 01:54 PM CDT
something else I noticed, I have charge, which I thought was maybe a level 2 bond? I could be incorrect here, but I thought a horse can fight with you at level 1, and then charge at level 2.

If I'm mistaken, please let me know.

Thanks.

Verand.
Re: Re-bonding with a horse 08/10/2009 02:21 PM CDT
I logged into DR test, which has me saved as a 32nd circle paladin, and i decided to look to see how my horse was doing, and on the horse, i don't have charge nor am I able to signal horse to attack <mob>

now does anyone have the ability to signal horse attack <mob> and not signal horse charge <mob>. If so, how long have you had your horse and how often did you play with it before it attacked on it's own?

I did end up having to pay 5 gold to get him out, if that has anything to do with the fact it can't fight on it's own anymore.
Re: Re-bonding with a horse 08/18/2009 04:19 PM CDT
Just took my horse out from a 6 month break and it will no long attack on its own either. I used to use her everytime I could hunt in a hunting area accesible by horses.
Re: Re-bonding with a horse 08/18/2009 11:33 PM CDT
yeah, it seems that a lot of people can't get their horse to attack any more. Something is wrong, and I don't know how to further help other then detail what I've done with my horse since last I saw it fight on it's own.
Re: Re-bonding with a horse 08/19/2009 09:30 AM CDT
I noticed something the other day which i was pleasantly surprised about. I had to reboot my computer, and forgot to stable the horse, so naturally, I logged back in as soon as I could and couldn't find my horse. so I went back to the spot where I was and started to train some skills. after a few minutes, I noticed that my horse had actually came back in the room with me on it's own. So while we may not be able to whistle for it, it's still around looking for us. ^_^

go horse team go