Horses 11/17/2018 04:04 PM CST
I almost never see a Paladin with his horse...Unless at a jousting tournament.

I understand why though...I can not 1. Ride through the gate 2. Get into hunting areas hardly with him such as A'danf woods

I spend more time having to get off, lead, unlead, remount than I do getting to enjoy the mount and since he cannot go half the places I go even when woods. It just becomes alot of hassle for nothing. The horse adds a wonderful level of roleplaying and flavor to the game for Paladins. Mine is trained for war but I can not really take him anywhere with me that would become useful.

Any chance that Horses will be opened up more in the future...I can understand the Horse not going in caves but most other areas should be workable. Even castles had large areas that allowed animals to be brought inside.

If I am just missing something that would allow me to do all these things please let me know.

Thanks,
Re: Horses 11/17/2018 06:58 PM CST
Horses are on my wish list of things we'll be able to review and maybe re-invent sometime.

It is amazing that they do what they do after all this time, but there are other things they could do, for sure.

It isn't as high as some other things on the priority scale, but it is on there. :)

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Horses 11/17/2018 10:06 PM CST
It would be great if horses could be stabled with all their gear, or at least have the stable boys manage the storage of the gear. It's a major hassle to remove and the go store all the horse armor.

Not sure if this is up for consideration, but calling them or at least sending them off to the stables remotely would be great.
Re: Horses 11/30/2018 02:23 PM CST

You area a brave soul if you delve into horses, and it is would be greatly appreciated. I have been asking for fixes for about a decade, even in person at SIMUCON. Please understand how difficult it was to RP with a broken system for over 50 Elanthian years (12 RL years) as the Commander for the Cavalry. We could do nothing in groups, had limited places we could go, and riding through a gate on a regular patrol was not even possible. As a result, I have major issues with a couple of (horse) animal storage vouchers that were former trained Cavalry horses that we had to store, which I want to revitalize for an upcoming horse event this coming week. Any help that I can get from a Horse friendly GM to recover these horses would be greatly appreciated. Trader Gwenhwyfach is currently holding 2 of these vouchers that I am referring to.