Holy version of GS4 Ensorcell 01/11/2017 07:13 PM CST
I wish Paladins could get something like a holy version of ensorcell from GS4, but maybe not permanent? Or perhaps permanent but self only for one item?

Holy weapon is so lackluster and the charge mechanics are so confusing that I threw the weapon in my vault (a kertig sword that I had saved up for since I was little) and forgot about it.

Here are the basic mechanics of what I am talking about, I believe it would match Paladins well to be magical warriors using blessing arms and armor. Just replace necrotic energy with holy energy.

"
Permanent ensorcellment can be put on a weapon, armor, shield, or runestaff with the benefits dependent on the type of item ensorcelled, and can be used by members of any profession. Permanently ensorcelling an item requires necrotic energy, which is gained by killing like level creatures.

In order to permanently ensorcell an item, PREP 735 and CHANNEL at the item while holding it. This will give a message saying how difficult it will be to place a permanent ensorcellment on the item as well as the current tier of ensorcellment already on that item. CHANNEL 735 at the item again within 30 seconds to make the Ensorcell attempt. Enhancive and holy items require the use of a special potion prior to the attempt. See below for a more detailed process.

An item that has been permanently ensorcelled will have a strange necrotic haze radiating from it when LOOKed at. The level of ensorcellment can be detected with a cast of Elemental Detection (405). Or a bard can now (April 2016) determine the sorcerer and ensorcellment in a Loresong.

Weapons and Runestaves
Weapons and runestaves that have been permanently ensorcelled gain permanent necrotic (life channeling) flares which can be used by members of any profession (unlike temporary ensorcellment, which can, for the most part, only be used by sorcerers). The strength of these flares is based on the tier of ensorcellment.

There is no increase in flare frequency with higher tiers as had been previously described in the official spell documentation.

Ensorcelled weapons are infused with necrotic energy that will flare and affect the wielder in one of four ways: attack/casting strength increase (+5/+3 per tier, respectively - acuity), health, mana (runestaves) or stamina (weapons), or spirit, based mostly on random chance. However, health flares will have a much higher chance of flaring than the others when the wielder is missing health points. If the wielder is full on health, mana, stamina or spirit, it will not flare for that feature. Runestaves also gain 2 lower CvA per tier of ensorcellment so long as the wielder's left hand is empty; unlike normal Runestaff defense, this CvA adjustment is NOT applied while holding a magical implement (wand, scroll, trinket).

Ensorcelled weapons will trigger flares when the weapon is swung at an enemy while ensorcelled runestaves will flare when attack spells are cast (successful hits required).
Re: Holy version of GS4 Ensorcell 01/11/2017 07:17 PM CST
I realize that description would not carry over well into DR, so here is the gist:

The paladin would save up soul state or holy energy by releasing undead souls or normal soul state increases to a weekly cap.

Using that holy energy/soul state he would be able to enchant a weapon or armor with holy energy through use of a spell or ability (No running to shard every few days)

The arms and armor would be blessed, provide a slight passive increase in the skill of that item and or have a holy flare mechanic.
Re: Holy version of GS4 Ensorcell 01/12/2017 01:27 AM CST
Holy weapons need a complete rewrite, I like this suggested mechanic.