Protect Coin 06/03/2015 09:26 AM CDT
I always thought the underlying purpose of 'Protect' is to aid other adventurers.

Would it be possible to extend 'Protect Coin' to encompass protecting the coins of others? Perhaps protecting the 6 highest coins the adventurer is carrying.

Its seems inconsistent to me that a Paladin can help another adventurer not die but we can't help them not get robbed. Yes I know about guard but that's not a Paladin ability.

Thank you

- Felicini
Re: Protect Coin 06/03/2015 09:32 AM CDT
>>Yes I know about guard but that's not a Paladin ability.

Neither is PROTECT COIN. This is on my Thief: You feel certain you can protect 7 coins. Everyone can protect their coins, and everyone can guard another person to help protect them against theft.
Re: Protect Coin 06/03/2015 10:53 AM CDT
I'd prefer to just see the Paladin PERC ability (sacred insight) expanded to include mundane theft.

PERC <item> could identify items as stolen. (Not super useful, granted; it would only really apply to items stolen from shops and gems stolen from players.)
PERC THEFT could identify people in the room who had recently stolen, possibly with a visual distinction between those who had stolen items and those who had stolen coins.
PERC <person> could identify what stolen goods the target is carrying, as well as whether or not they have recently stolen coins, and if the victim is in the same room, who those coins were stolen from.

I'm not sure if there's a method of tracking how many coins were stolen, but I'm guessing there is.

If we're looking for a Paladin-specific way to keep people from getting robbed, maybe make Glyph of Light possible to use on another person.

I

"Q: This is stupid. / Work on something we actually need changed! / Why aren't you working on something I want you to work on?
"A: Kindly shut up." ~ GM Naohhi
Re: Protect Coin 06/03/2015 11:25 AM CDT
Neither is PROTECT COIN. This is on my Thief: You feel certain you can protect 7 coins. Everyone can protect their coins, and everyone can guard another person to help protect them against theft.

Ohh thanks, I had no idea everyone could do it.

- Felicini
Re: Protect Coin 06/03/2015 02:59 PM CDT
>>Chimerian: Ohh thanks, I had no idea everyone could do it.

If I am not mistaken, Paladins can protect more coins than other guilds.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Protect Coin 06/04/2015 10:12 AM CDT
>If I am not mistaken, Paladins can protect more coins than other guilds.<

I think this is the case. It would be nice if the number of coins were updated to reflect the current economy. Being able to protect 7 coins was nice back when 20plat was a lot of cash. These days, not so much.

--Just a Squire

Riveted to the metal is a small copper plaque depicting a shield crossed with a longsword overlaying a field of thirteen stars. Encircling the design are the words, "Many Faces - One God."
Re: Protect Coin 06/04/2015 11:34 AM CDT
>>I think this is the case. It would be nice if the number of coins were updated to reflect the current economy. Being able to protect 7 coins was nice back when 20plat was a lot of cash. These days, not so much.

Really there needs to be a larger denomination coin.
Re: Protect Coin 06/04/2015 11:46 AM CDT
>> Really there needs to be a larger denomination coin.

wtb astral diamonds

I

"Q: This is stupid. / Work on something we actually need changed! / Why aren't you working on something I want you to work on?
"A: Kindly shut up." ~ GM Naohhi
Re: Protect Coin 06/04/2015 03:48 PM CDT
You feel certain you can protect 6 coins.

That's as a ~170th circle paladin. Anyone know if there's a skill check involved?

>I think this is the case. It would be nice if the number of coins were updated to reflect the current economy. Being able to protect 7 coins was nice back when 20plat was a lot of cash. These days, not so much.

^
Re: Protect Coin 06/04/2015 04:40 PM CDT
>>Lennonjon: I think this is the case. It would be nice if the number of coins were updated to reflect the current economy. Being able to protect 7 coins was nice back when 20plat was a lot of cash. These days, not so much.

You read my mind!

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html