Thoughts on Endurance 06/22/2014 05:10 PM CDT
I have been reading about the Barbarian expertise skill since it is apparently their version of our endurance. It uses offensive weapon combos to trigger certain boosts much like tactics using the same verb analyze. This makes it a bit of a pain to use and train but it makes sense for barbarians to use offensive moves for this ability. Not sure how it could work for endurance, maybe if some new defensive moves were created, also a bit of a pain. They have three boosts that definitely relate to endurance so I hope these are not denied to Paladins (Vitality, Fatigue, and Balance). They also have accuracy and damage which would be good offensive boosts for that oomph we are in need of. An ability to close faster or keep an enemy engaged would also be useful to a Paladin, but if it needs some sort of complex maneuver to trigger, it would likely not be so useful.

I recall a lot of suggestions in the recent past for defensive type maneuvers and such, but did not have the time to read them today. Perhaps someone can dust those off and post again?

~~~
True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
Re: Thoughts on Endurance 06/26/2014 01:03 AM CDT

This is what I came up as a foundation idea as posted in the Combat folder:

Defensive Combat Maneuvers:
The duration should be very, very short and dependent on Defending (70%) and Tactics (30%) skills. When it’s released I imagine Endurance skill would help this, as well. I suppose it would have cooldowns and such just like the offensive combat maneuvers. I’d like to see active defenses (rather than just passive) like this implemented to reward planning and timing for skilled players. How feasible is this?

Maneuver Brace: Reduce Impact damage
Maneuver Spin: Reduce Puncture damage
Maneuver Predict: Reduce Slice damage [Influenced by Wisdom and Discipline more]
Maneuver Focus: Reduce Stun duration [Somewhat difficult, longer duration]
Maneuver Unbalance: Reduce Attacker Balance [Very Difficult]
Maneuver Catch: Increase the RT of the attacker’s strike. [Most Difficult]