PROTECT BOND 05/13/2014 05:09 PM CDT

PROTECT BOND:
PROTECT COVER Upgrade for circle 125+
The Paladin capitalizes on group combat training, creating tactical advantages with the person he or she is protecting based on the training the protected character has (in other words, guild).

Barbarian: The paladin allows the barbarian to stop paying attention to defense and focus completely on offense. The barbarian takes a penalty to defenses but gains a bonus to OF.

Bard: The Paladin and Bard rally each other, gaining both a bonus to Charisma and fatigue regeneration.

Cleric: The Cleric and Paladin become a veritable magnet for holy mana, increasing the available mana in the area without the use of (and stacking with) a glyph of mana.

Commoner: Unfortunately, these people lack the training to take advantage of this.

Empath: The blending of life mana and holy mana swirling around the duo lends itself to healing. Wounds transferred from the Paladin to the Empath will shrink in severity, allowing both to survive greater onslaughts.

Moon Mage: The Paladin and Moon Mage enter into a type of meditative focus together, greatly raising Discipline for both.

Necromancer: Necromancers are not trained to take advantage of this.

Paladin: A protected paladin aids his or her protector, increasing the protecting paladin’s defenses.

Ranger: The Ranger capitalizes on the Paladin’s protection by focusing on loading and aiming weapons much faster since they don’t have to focus on dodging blows.

Thief: A trained Thief uses the protective Paladin as a distraction, gaining a bonus to Stealth.

Trader: The Trader assures both that there is still money to be made despite the current risks. Both gain a bonus to Skinning and a slightly higher chance of finding gems on corpses.

Warrior Mage: The Paladin and Warrior Mage move together in a tactical synergy designed to create openings for spells. The Warrior Mage may then aim targeted spells faster. .
Re: PROTECT BOND 05/13/2014 05:55 PM CDT
Interesting proposal. I like that it's alphabetized.

Seriously though, I like the idea of having different effects for protecting members of different guilds. I just feel bad for the poor commoners. And the beginning of the explanation for the Traders cracked-me-up.

--Just a Squire
Re: PROTECT BOND 05/14/2014 11:24 AM CDT

I felt bad for the poor Commoners, too, but I couldn't think of something that would justify their lack of training.
Re: PROTECT BOND 05/19/2014 09:01 AM CDT

Alright, idea update! I shopped this idea around a bit and took in a few suggestions. For example, clerics wouldn't be too excited about a boost to available mana so I came up with this instead. This ability has been generating a bit of excitement, if I may say so myself. Would this be too difficult to code to consider?

PROTECT BOND:
PROTECT Upgrade for circle 125+
The Paladin capitalizes on group combat training, creating tactical advantages with the person he or she is protecting based on the training the protected character has (in other words, guild).

Barbarian: The paladin allows the barbarian to stop paying attention to defense and focus completely on offense. The barbarian takes a penalty to defenses but gains a bonus to OF.

Bard: The Paladin and Bard rally each other, gaining both a hefty bonus to Charisma and a small bonus to fatigue regeneration.

Cleric: The Cleric and Paladin becomes a veritable magnet for holy energies. Any cyclic spell on the Paladin or Cleric will pulse more quickly and to slightly stronger effect.

Commoner: Unfortunately, these people lack the training to take advantage of this.

Empath: The blending of life mana and holy mana swirling around the duo lends itself to healing. Wounds transferred from the Paladin to the Empath will shrink in severity, allowing both to survive greater onslaughts.

Moon Mage: The Paladin and Moon Mage enter into a type of meditative focus together, greatly raising Discipline and slightly raising Warding for both.

Necromancer: Necromancers are not trained to take advantage of this.

Paladin: A protected paladin aids his or her protector, increasing the protecting paladin’s defenses. Also, any cyclic spell on each Paladin will pulse more quickly and to slightly stronger effect.

Ranger: The Ranger capitalizes on the Paladin’s protection by focusing on loading and aiming weapons much faster since they don’t have to focus on dodging blows.

Thief: A trained Thief uses the protective Paladin as a distraction, gaining a bonus to Stealth.

Trader: The Trader assures both that there is still money to be made despite the current risks. Both gain a bonus to Skinning and a slightly higher chance of finding gems on corpses.

Warrior Mage: The Paladin and Warrior Mage move together in a tactical synergy designed to create openings for spells. The Warrior Mage may then aim targeted spells faster and more accurately.