Paladin Squire 04/09/2014 02:06 PM CDT
I've been thinking of this idea for some time now. I would like to see Paladin squires, such as

a tall, wide-eyed squire arrives following his master

>study squire
You see a wide-eyed squire which belongs to (Paladin).
S/he is dressed in a simple tabard with the Paladin crest neatly
embroided upon it. Various sheaths and containers hang around them.
"How can I learn from you master?"
Commands available POUCH, ROPE, SHIELD/ARMOR, WEAPON, HORSE
Ask squire about (command) to learn more.
POUCH. "Yes master I can do that." S/he gleefully knits you a gem pouch and hands it to you.
ROPE. "Yes sir/ma'am!" S/he quickly braids you a bundling rope and gives it to you.
SHIELD/ARMOR. "I shall do my best master!" S/he carefully fixes and cleans your armor/weapon. "Here you are master!"
HORSE. "I am happy to groom your mighty war horse, sir!" S/he quickly gets out a horse kit and begins cleaning your horse.
After awhile s/he finishes with a crisp salute.
HORSE (If ask while in combat) "Yes sir! s/he retrieves a short spear and prepares to defend your steed with his/her life.
(Does not actually perform combat but keeps horse behind the combat lines)

The Squire will stay in your service as long as it can learn from you. You give up some field experience to hire their service, to show them they can learn from you. You must maintain field experience for them to continue to learn from their master. When field experience is finished they've learned all they can. Each service they can provide is in the way of learning.

Deadly Shadow Walcar Seord, Night Rider.
Re: Paladin Squire 04/09/2014 03:41 PM CDT
If you want bi-peds as 'familiars' then warmages would want apprentices, clerics would want seminarians, traders would want clerks, and empaths' fighting tool should be a 17 year old candy-striper.

I'd play an empath as my main and just sit in my home all day creeping myself out.
Re: Paladin Squire 04/10/2014 02:29 PM CDT
>clerics would want seminarians...

Heck yeah, I'd have my seminarian fetching prayer beads, incense and other stuff constantly. It would be nice to implement something that takes all the annoying factors out of the game to make it even easier? right?