Title Help Please! 05/31/2011 10:12 PM CDT
I've been doing alot of research and comparision of my skills to those listed on Elanthipedia for "Paladin" titles. I know people who have certain titles, like Honorable Marshal, Chivelrous Shield, Chief Marshal and others.. For which I beat the requirements by hundreds of ranks but yet I do not have them in my list. I've spent days working on soul state, pristine as far as I can tell.. praying badges, tending, tithing and humming for Chadatru. I have come to the conclusion the title system for paladin's is either broken or it is tied into other systems such as warrents, non-paladin skills like hiding/.talking which I have over 300 ranks of each and over 10 active warrents. I am just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or if this is what the intention has been. I'd like to here back from a GM if possible one way or another. Or perhaps I'm just old, decrepit and broken myself. ;)

Infiltrator Walcar Walcars, Phantom of Ilithi
Re: Title Help Please! 05/31/2011 10:20 PM CDT
Some seem based on the number of favors, and if you want a Marshal title, it may be a good idea to have the Marshal Order spell.
Re: Title Help Please! 06/01/2011 12:27 AM CDT
Favors are definitely an issue for a bunch of our titles. I know my list shrinks considerably if I drop below 5 favors.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Title Help Please! 06/01/2011 12:41 AM CDT
I have all paladin spells and abilities. I will start working on that favor idea.. perhaps that might be it.. I'm going to boost up to 10 and see if that changes things.

Re: Title Help Please! 06/01/2011 12:41 AM CDT
Unfortunately, a lot of our titles are PAFO, so some of the listed requirements are just educated guesses.

That being said, favors, spells, and soul state can affect your available titles.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Title Help Please! 06/01/2011 12:44 AM CDT
I have also spoken and compared my skills to those who have certain titles active. For which I still beat their skills by hundreds of ranks yet the title doesn't show for me.

Re: Title Help Please! 06/01/2011 07:07 AM CDT
Do you need/have a horse?
Re: Title Help Please! 06/01/2011 10:17 AM CDT
I think titles are pretty cool. I think PAFO for titles is pretty lame. Good luck and hopefully you will become our paladin..title-finder person.

Madigan
Re: Title Help Please! 06/01/2011 10:21 AM CDT
>>I think titles are pretty cool. I think PAFO for titles is pretty lame. Good luck and hopefully you will become our paladin..title-finder person.

I think some middle ground would be nice.

Titles are PAFO, but only in the sense that you're told what it took to get a certain title once you get it.

That way, if someone has a title that they want to keep under wraps they can, but only until someone else discovers it and decides to go public about it.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Title Help Please! 06/01/2011 11:37 AM CDT
The problem with the way it is now, from my point of view at least, is even once you get the title you don't really know why. I mean, for example, say I hit 1000 shield (yeah, no, just an example) and get 5 nifty new titles. That's great, I now know that 1000 shield is ONE requirement for those titles. But I still have NO idea what the rest may have been. And there's no real way to find out (no reasonable way, at least.)

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Title Help Please! 06/01/2011 03:08 PM CDT
<<Titles are PAFO, but only in the sense that you're told what it took to get a certain title once you get it.

I can honestly say that I never have a clue what triggers a title even after I earn it unless the requirements are already public.

Madigan
Re: Title Help Please! 06/02/2011 09:53 AM CDT
Another idea.. anyone know if paladin titles that perhaps/maybe doubtfully linked to favors require Chadatru deity favors? Because all 10 of mine are Urrem'tier and just wonder if it might make a difference. Plus perhaps I might want to clear out my warrents too? Emmm

Re: Title Help Please! 06/02/2011 10:52 AM CDT
> anyone know if paladin titles that perhaps/maybe doubtfully linked to favors require Chadatru deity favors?

I highly doubt it. I don't seem to be missing any obvious titles and all favors are from Trothfang.
Re: Title Help Please! 06/12/2011 04:44 PM CDT

>Plus perhaps I might want to clear out my warrents too? Emmm

If you have any warrents at all this will take away some of the titles. There is nothing honorable about being wanted for murder...that is until you go clear your name of course.
Re: Title Help Please! 06/24/2011 07:09 PM CDT
>>There is nothing honorable about being wanted for murder..

I don't know what you speak of?!?!

Where's Madigan?!?!

I'm so noble it hurts.
Re: Title Help Please! 08/08/2012 03:37 PM CDT
I don't think this thread is getting enough play. My TF paladin has the custom title, "Chief Justice". I think it should be added as a regular title so I can have it on my prime paladin as well.