Title Suggestions 06/25/2005 04:48 PM CDT
I still want Smiter for my pallie! Or something silly like Pickpocket Devistator, something thats very anti-thief. Till then, Guardian Lord works for now, as does Enforcer of Elanthia.

~Deuce~

~Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."
Title Suggestions 06/29/2005 02:08 AM CDT
I would like to see more for females

Shield maiden
Blade maiden
Sword mistress
Blade mistress
Sword dancer

How about one for shield ...Slammer or Basher?

Re: Title Suggestions 06/29/2005 02:42 AM CDT
Don't forget Sandwich Maker.
Re: Title Suggestions 06/29/2005 04:03 AM CDT
Dish Washer
Pie Maker
Child Bearer
Warhorse Crasher

Ecoles
"Us loners gotta stick together"
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/e/c/ecoles/ecoles.html
Prydaen Goodness: http://www.clawandfang.com
Re: Title Suggestions 06/29/2005 07:08 AM CDT
Short staff whittler

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Title Suggestions 06/29/2005 10:17 AM CDT
>> Shield maiden

I think that's Myannah's custom title.

And some titles for the men:

Roll Over
Useless
Remote Searcher
Page 3 Addict (maybe the US folks won't get that.. hmm)
Female Dependant

The rest are violate board policy :P

~Kesrel
Re: Title Suggestions 06/29/2005 10:20 AM CDT
>> Short staff whittler

LMAO!

~Kesrel
Re: Title Suggestions 06/29/2005 03:03 PM CDT
Page 3 Addict (maybe the US folks won't get that.. hmm) Kesrel<--

::chuckle::

Jim
Re: Title Suggestions 06/30/2005 12:34 AM CDT
Is page 3 like the sport's page in the land of funny accents, or somethin?

Cavalier Calemnon, Knight of Therengia
Re: Title Suggestions 06/30/2005 01:12 AM CDT

Hi folks,

Taken from GM Nehros' post on titles:

<I'd like to request any and all interested individuals to submit suggestions for additional titles in the 'Paladin Guild Title Suggestions' topic area for phase II of the titles project. Feel free to suggest the good, the bad and the ugly. Rest assured, the majority of paladin titles will not have soul-state requirements and thus be available to our sticky-fingered friends.

While thinking of titles you'd like to submit please keep in mind that there is no such thing as a 'Dark Paladin'. There might be rough/gruff/mean/nasty and `Not So Nice' paladins, but Dark Paladins do not exist.>

I haven't heard many/any ideas to fit the rough/gruff/mean/nasty paladin title category.

I'm updating the player suggestion lists over the next few days, so get your ideas in!

Thanks,

Annwyl
Senior Board Monitor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing Senior Board Monitor DR-Annwyl@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor DR-Cecco@play.net.
Re: Title Suggestions 06/30/2005 06:54 AM CDT
No, this post is not an invitation to discuss the plausibilty of light vs. dark. I really don't care what anyone thinks about the subject. If you want to post on that .. put it in the paladins and thier [dead] warhorses folder. Heh, I R funnie.

>While thinking of titles you'd like to submit please keep in mind that there is no such thing as a 'Dark Paladin'. There might be rough/gruff/mean/nasty and `Not So Nice' paladins, but Dark Paladins do not exist.

Framing the scope of Paladin titles to exclude a complete area of the game, with a rather extensive history, fact or fiction, lost my interest on the spot, initially. Secondly, regardless of game design or intent, there is|was obvious interest in playing dark, evil, or whatever Paladins for the "fun factor", conflict factor, coolness factor or other reasons. Limiting discussions only served, in this case, ignorance. Food for thought.

My bad attitude towards a pointed and limiting request aside, here's a few ideas. Feel free to substitute other Paladin titles where I've used "Knight" as an example.

[Knight | Defender | Page | Squire | etc..]

I thought I saw some "safe" versions like Emerald Knight, and similar which did reference that area.

Adding to those; Defender of the Hand, Defender of the First|Last|One, Wall Guard, Lost Ground Fighter, Lost Savage.

>I haven't heard many/any ideas to fit the rough/gruff/mean/nasty paladin title category.

On the Paladin-ish side, taken from documented game design.

https://www.play.net/dr/info/gods/chadatru.asp#botolf
"Botolf is also the god of fallen paladins, and is known to manifest in tarnished armor in need of a polish."

Defiler, Besmircher, Slanderer, Tainted Knight, Corruptor, Corrupted Knight, Unkempt Squire

https://www.play.net/dr/info/gods/chadatru.asp#rutilor
"Rutilor is the defender of the gods. He judges with kindness and even-handedness, and is ferocious in what he defends. A patron of paladins, Rutilor will stalwartly defend anyone who he feels is getting a raw deal."

Stalwart Knight, Furious Avenger, Violent Advocate

Enough for now. Enjoy.
Re: Title Suggestions 06/30/2005 08:25 AM CDT
>> Is page 3 like the sport's page in the land of funny accents, or somethin?

Umm.. no...!!!

Our national broadsheets/tabloids have 'classes' depending one who reads them and who they're aimed at (most papers prefer one political party over the others, some are aimed at business men, others for general readers).

Some papers like.. The Star and The Sun are 'workers papers' and aimed at those who don't give a hoot about politics but prefer the day's gossip.

In such papers.. page 3 has a topless lady posing for the birdy....

Not QUITE sport..

~Kesrel
Re: Title Suggestions 06/30/2005 09:40 AM CDT
<<
I haven't heard many/any ideas to fit the rough/gruff/mean/nasty paladin title category.
>>

Dark Knight
Death Knight
Executioner
The Tainted
Fallen Angel
Lost Soul

I'll think of some more in a bit. Kinda at work ::Ducks::
Re: Title Suggestions 06/30/2005 10:13 AM CDT
executioner is already a high combat title.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Title Suggestions 06/30/2005 10:43 AM CDT
Sociopath
Oddity
Dark Visionary
Disgrace
Re: Title Suggestions 06/30/2005 08:07 PM CDT
Lord Knight, Lady Knight

Lord Cavalier, Lady Cavalier

And of course... Dead Sexy Cavalier

Cavalier Calemnon, Knight of Therengia
Re: Title Suggestions 06/30/2005 08:09 PM CDT
>Dead Sexy Cavalier

Best. Title. Ever.
Re: Title Suggestions 06/30/2005 11:06 PM CDT
>>In such papers.. page 3 has a topless lady posing for the birdy....

They are never topless!! They wear skimpy outfits. And while I believe The Star is on page 3, The Sun is usually at the end of the "newspaper". We are talking here about the Canadian construction worker newspapers, aye?

Ecoles
Re: Title Suggestions 07/01/2005 10:41 AM CDT
>> They are never topless!! They wear skimpy outfits. And while I believe The Star is on page 3, The Sun is usually at the end of the "newspaper". We are talking here about the Canadian construction worker newspapers, aye?

Amazing coincidence, but no.. the UK papers. And they are most definately topless *glances at the paper next to her*

~Kesrel
Re: Title Suggestions 07/01/2005 04:50 PM CDT
Well then, must be the whole Queen thing... Cause we have the same newspapers in Canada and they simply skimpy wearing...

Ecoles
Re: Title Suggestions 07/01/2005 06:53 PM CDT
>>Well then, must be the whole Queen thing... Cause we have the same newspapers in Canada and they simply skimpy wearing...

Thats okay I know you'll get through it rubs

So deprived are you that they must be reduced to wearing skimpy clothing sighs

Kidding aside, Dark Visionary sounds more like an evil moon mage, but something more akin to Fallen Lord, Defiler, Souless, Tainted those fit nice.

The shadows on the wall indeed ran long across the room during the late hours of the afternoon.
Re: Title Suggestions 07/03/2005 12:12 AM CDT
>>I haven't heard many/any ideas to fit the rough/gruff/mean/nasty paladin title category.

>>I'm updating the player suggestion lists over the next few days, so get your ideas in!

How about Assassin? I'm thinking low-but-not-black soul + 200 or more in at least one weapon skill of each category (ie, one blunt, one edged, etc) + 30 charisma.

How about Fatereaver?

Fanatic?

Doombringer (didn't this used to be a barb title?)

Fury (female)

Those barbarians seem rough/gruff/mean/nasty, how about swiping some of their titles (pun intended)?

Conquerer/Conquistador

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Title Suggestions 07/03/2005 10:31 AM CDT

How about Harbinger? Just a thought.

Ibec

Stamped upon the parchment is the Crest of House Alshaerd. A grandeous phoenix rising from the Greater Fist of Heavens encircled by golden laurels.

Re: Title Suggestions 07/03/2005 10:50 AM CDT
Tin Can
Blind Bat
Spittoon
Grey Paladin
Subversive Knight
Paper Weight

OF_Wolf_And_Elf

Off through the new day's mist I run
out from the new day's mist I have come
I hunt
therefore I am
harvest the land
taking of the fallen lamb
Re: Title Suggestions 07/03/2005 11:14 AM CDT
harbinger is in there as a MM title at very high ranks.
Assassin, which someone mentioned earlier, is a criminal title.

Re: Title Suggestions 07/03/2005 11:23 AM CDT
Parambulating Tank
Empath Protector
Whiffing Machine
Sword of the Faith
Armor of God
Re: Title Suggestions 07/03/2005 11:43 AM CDT
while "armor of God" might not be suitable for Dragonrealms, perhaps once the additional affiliation titles are put in by the Cleric team, maybe there could be some type of titles relating to the 39 <or the western gods for prydaen and rakash> and gorbesh <gnomes and kaldar>- although I believe the 39 would be easier to do at this point because they can be based on the characters last favor orb; and as yet one cannot get favors from the later 2 groups.

As Rutilor is the "sponsor" of the Paladin guilds, perhaps titles connected to him would be appropriate

Re: Title Suggestions 07/03/2005 11:48 AM CDT
<<while "armor of God" might not be suitable for Dragonrealms, perhaps once the additional affiliation titles are put in by the Cleric team, maybe there could be some type of titles relating to the 39 <or the western gods for prydaen and rakash> and gorbesh <gnomes and kaldar>- although I believe the 39 would be easier to do at this point because they can be based on the characters last favor orb; and as yet one cannot get favors from the later 2 groups.

As Rutilor is the "sponsor" of the Paladin guilds, perhaps titles connected to him would be appropriate >>

Yeah, should've put Armor of <your god here>. I would rather let pallies just use whatever god they choose, rather than base it on whatever favor orb they last used. This is coming from a pallie on M'Riss...heh.
Re:Title Suggestions and The Good, The Bad..and the stupid 07/03/2005 02:24 PM CDT
<<<<Subversive Knight>>>>

I read this and I swear I thought it read....Submissive Knight........

I was not gonna go there!

Rayje....you need punished for those title selections....especially your 'personal favorite'...course, I KNEW I was! Grin

Jensene
Re: Title Suggestions 07/03/2005 04:10 PM CDT
Tin Can.
Re: Title Suggestions 07/03/2005 09:22 PM CDT
>>Fatereaver

Leave anything with Fate in it to the moon mage, fatereaver sounds to close to fateweaver anyways.

>>Doombringer (didn't this used to be a barb title?)

Not sure about barb title, but Doomsayer is a MM title.

>>Fury (female)

Fury already exists, I believe its a weapon title.

In general none of these titles mean an evil paladin, just mean someone whose good at killing things, that has nothing to do with being an evil paladin... if anything those titles are more general then they are specific to a paladin.

The shadows on the wall indeed ran long across the room during the late hours of the afternoon.
Re: Title Suggestions 07/03/2005 10:20 PM CDT
Ssra's Chew Toy

Re: Title Suggestions 07/04/2005 11:33 PM CDT
I still want Smiter for my Paladum

~Blood Wraith Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."
Re: Title Suggestions 07/05/2005 09:56 AM CDT
Hero/heroine