Oane Storyline? 08/16/2015 04:04 PM CDT
So what ever happened with the Oane storyline? Seems like back in 2010 it was set up to create some serious doubts about the Paladin Council, maybe a door opening to changes in the Guild, but I can't find any resolution.
Re: Oane Storyline? 08/16/2015 05:07 PM CDT
>So what ever happened with the Oane storyline? ... I can't find any resolution.

As far as I know it was never concluded.

You say to Tathalus, "Have you ever tried to clean a troll den? The smell sticks around for years to come."
Liev says, "That is my cue to leave."
Re: Oane Storyline? 08/16/2015 06:09 PM CDT
Well that's a bit frustrating.
Re: Oane Storyline? 08/16/2015 06:28 PM CDT
Dartenian was handling that IIRC and he's not on staff anymore.

I believe Raesh has expressed some interest in kickstarting things eventually?

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Oane Storyline? 08/16/2015 09:20 PM CDT
It seems like some sort of resolution would fit into an overall push that Raesh has expressed interest in: defining the Paladin Guild.
Re: Oane Storyline? 08/16/2015 10:43 PM CDT
I admit, a summary of what I know about the plot line basically consists of what I came across while converting the Evoke/Recall system and a conversation with Armifer where I commented on the lack of any documentation of the plotline and he was able to give me a few sentence summary of the general direction it was going (As far as the history of the guild, I have no idea where it was going for the future of the guild).

That does tie into my long term plans for revising the Paladin guild but I don't have any secret knowledge of the plotline beyond that. Sorry.

-Raesh

"The trouble with atheism, is that it offers a limited range of curses.” - Two Serpents Rise
Re: Oane Storyline? 08/17/2015 03:54 AM CDT
>>That does tie into my long term plans for revising the Paladin guild but I don't have any secret knowledge of the plotline beyond that. Sorry.<<

I devoted a bit of time to the story line don't know if I was headed in the right direction but fires burn purple around me.

M@c ~]X!j % %AN_rrWB5z4%p rBa =jZb*h[mp,0;pv` knIM%aJ|
WARNING: You are carrying an extremely large number of items on your person.
Having a very high number of items can cause character corruption or
Re: Oane Storyline? 08/19/2015 07:20 PM CDT
This event pretty much put the nail in the coffin of RP interested Paladin Players as far as future expectations go.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: Oane Storyline? 08/19/2015 09:55 PM CDT
>This event pretty much put the nail in the coffin of RP interested Paladin Players as far as future expectations go.

While I'm a dour sourpuss, even I think this is needlessly negative.

Stuff happens. GMs change. This event is from...2010? Five years is a lot of time for the GMs to churn. And while they've been on a magic/necromancer/moon mage kick for...a long time...saying that they wouldn't ever do Paladin event/story/RP is kinda blech.

Especially since Raesh/Armifer posts here all the time about how he's trying to figure out what in the world to do with Paladins.
Re: Oane Storyline? 08/20/2015 05:27 AM CDT
Raesh does amazing work, and I think Paladins will be really happy with things he's working on for them. I'll also add that I was quite disappointed by the lack of behind-the-scenes detail to be found on the Oane event storyline. It was one of the very first things I attempted to ferret out once I was hired onto staff.

More importantly than that however, I just wanted to chime in and assure you all that Raesh is not the only one looking to breathe some liveliness back into the guild and its RP scene. Many plans are being sown and considerable work is being undertaken, it just takes a bit for all that to start bearing fruit.

GameMaster Nohn Essential
JGM -- Events Team
Re: Oane Storyline? 08/20/2015 12:48 PM CDT
And.... buck passed.

-Raesh

"The trouble with atheism, is that it offers a limited range of curses.” - Two Serpents Rise
Re: Oane Storyline? 08/20/2015 02:08 PM CDT

Oh my, this is getting interesting!

Thanks for all your hard work, can't wait to see what coming up.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Re: Oane Storyline? 10/27/2015 10:31 PM CDT
Is this the storyline where sometimes Paladins would see visions of a single Warrior against a shadowy army or something, or someone standing alone in the dark shouting about something that I can't remember now?

Because I was actually going to ask whatever happened to that particular storyline, because it seemed to be ongoing forever and I play so sporadically I just figured I missed the end.
Re: Oane Storyline? 10/27/2015 11:15 PM CDT
>I was actually going to ask whatever happened to that particular storyline, because it seemed to be ongoing forever and I play so sporadically I just figured I missed the end.

It's in limbo. The GM that created the storyline in 2010? is gone (couldn't track down who it was), the GM that planned to take up the storyline in 2012 (Absinal) is apparently no longer on staff.

From what I've read there's a general desire to revamp/update/rewrite the paladin guild in the future. If the Oane event results in the shattering revelations it was rumored to; completion of the storyline would probably have to wait on a decision on which direction to take the paladin guild.

You didn't miss the end, it just sort of fizzled out.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Oane Storyline? 10/28/2015 11:11 AM CDT
I believe the 2010 GM was GM Dartenian.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Oane Storyline? 05/17/2017 10:22 PM CDT
This goes back a bit, and it all started a while before that but besides the buck passing any other news?

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
"Phelim, what have I wrought?"
GM NaOHHI
---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 S.V.o.L.t.R
Re: Oane Storyline? 05/18/2017 04:03 AM CDT
The GM who was running that storyline left the game many years back now. We do not have anyone on staff currently working on bringing it back. That's not to say it couldn't show back up in some form at some point, but it isn't an active storyline at this time.

-Persida
Re: Oane Storyline? 05/30/2017 05:34 PM CDT

Thanks for the reply! Anything paladin coming down the pipes anytime soon?
Re: Oane Storyline? 05/30/2017 05:35 PM CDT
Ha. I don't think Paladins have even had paid content released for them.
Re: Oane Storyline? 05/30/2017 07:39 PM CDT
Let me take this from the other side of things, who recalls things from the 'Oane Storyline'? I mean the player base. Tell me stories, impressions, maybe give summary of logs.

---
DR-SOCHARIS

---
GM NaOHHI
---
Re: Oane Storyline? 05/30/2017 09:52 PM CDT
>>Let me take this from the other side of things, who recalls things from the 'Oane Storyline'? I mean the player base. Tell me stories, impressions, maybe give summary of logs.

The long and the short of it was that the Oane storyline was, on some level, meant to answer questions about bonding and the soul, and there was a strong implication that they're connected to some very terrible realities that the Paladin Guild has actively tried to bury for a very long time.

It's similar to the backstory to the Empath guild, in the "what you believe is the history is not the true history and the actual history is much darker" sense.

ePedia's page on him has some useful links and reference posts that give a good chunk of what is going on.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Oane
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Post:Excerpt_from_Oane%27s_Journal_-_7/1/2010_03:44:44

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Oane Storyline? 05/31/2017 02:38 AM CDT
It's got potential, I hope to see it resolved someday.
Re: Oane Storyline? 06/05/2017 05:47 PM CDT
It also involves a Bard's Guild guildleader in hiding as well. Kinda disappointed these strings continue to dangle.
Re: Oane Storyline? 07/09/2017 02:30 PM CDT
It has a bit of potential and I liked it, but what did people remember, who were some player in the storyline. What storyline can people remember.

I don't want reams of data, and I'd prefer not to see logs as well. However a few short things about it was neat, cool, disappointed about the dangle. Hey I get it it was a while ago, and I wasn't as involved as others were, but let's try and dredge things up, let's get some data out there.

---
DR-SOCHARIS

---
GM NaOHHI
---
Re: Oane Storyline? 07/10/2017 01:04 PM CDT
I'd suggest tracking down Elfverhan in game. He was heavily involved and is a great dude to spare a few minutes to chat with.

Samsaren