A Knighting Ceremony 03/29/2013 10:01 PM CDT
I wish to announce the elevation of Squire Balfore to Knighthood at the temple to Chadatru in the Keep, Peterborough. A celebratory Joust will be held immediately following with the new knight riding against any that wish to test their skills. Any that are interested are invited to attend.[OOC Saturday April 6th, 9PM eastern]

Sebestyen Kuliniac

~~~
True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
Re: A Knighting Ceremony 03/30/2013 12:50 PM CDT
Congratulations, Sir Balfore!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: A Knighting Ceremony 04/04/2013 06:30 AM CDT
A reminder:

I wish to announce the elevation of Squire Balfore to Knighthood at the temple to Chadatru in the Keep, Therenborough. A celebratory Joust will be held immediately following with the new knight riding against any that wish to test their skills. Any that are interested are invited to attend.[OOC Saturday April 6th, 9PM eastern]

Sebestyen Kuliniac

~~~
True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
Re: A Knighting Ceremony 04/04/2013 09:18 AM CDT
Sorry I am going to miss this event. Out of town.

Madigan
Re: A Knighting Ceremony 04/05/2013 12:17 AM CDT

I'm banned, so yeah...I'll wait for a log of it (plz to be log of it) =/
Re: A Knighting Ceremony 04/07/2013 08:49 AM CDT
<<I'm banned, so yeah...I'll wait for a log of it (plz to be log of it) =/

As requested.

Lord Knight Sebestyen just arrived.

Sebestyen says, "Greetings all."

Sebrahn whispers something to Casserah.

Sebestyen says, "A few more roisaen and we will get started."

Sebestyen says, "I will mention that after the ceremony there will be a short time for those that wish.. to obtain their mounts and meet us at the arena for a little bit of jousting."

Hammerfist's face lights up with joy.

[Theren Keep, Chapel]
Tapered candles provide a warm light for the Chapel of Chadatru despite the dark of night. Even in the dim light the stained glass window can be viewed. A richly embroidered tapestry serves as a backdrop to a polished ash altar carved with the image of a golden lion upon its surface. Oak benches have been placed here so the devout can come and observe the first rays of dawn blaze into existence across the face of the window and cast its fiery light across the altar of the god of justice.
You also see a small sack, a fragile-looking book on a small stand, a blue silk curtain and a marble archway.
Also here: Guard Chancellor Cristalyn, Guard Lieutenant Kenamer who is shining with a dark golden glow, Recruiting Officer Blaayd, Druid Rusula, High Wizard Firekast who has a fiery visage, Squire Tilnari who is sitting, Swamp Shaman Neeno who is shrouded in ghostly flames, Lord Knight Sebestyen, Halberdier Nithhogr, Swordsman Rekon who is sitting, Dafo Zamara, Grand Inquisitor Liurilias who is sitting, Hammerfist who is sitting, Standard Bearer Gaidin who is sitting, Diplomat Zynara who is sitting, Nomad Sebrahn who is sitting and Casserah who is sitting.
Obvious exits: west.

Blaayd says, "Big night for Balfore."

Sebestyen says, "Now.. if everyone will get settled, we shall begin."

(Mandalynn enters the chapel to make her way slowly down the aisle toward the altar, carefully balancing the large shield and sword she carries in her hands. Her eyes continously glance downward as she steps as if afraid of tripping over her own feet but she manages to make it to Sebestyen without mishap. A bright smile curls her lips as she sighs in relief, taking her place to his left. )

Sebestyen smiles at Mandalynn.

Templar Balfore just arrived.

Balfore stands near Sebestyen.

Sebestyen says, "Welcome everyone to this ceremony to raise Squire Balfore to knighthood. For those that do not know him, he has been a quiet and stoic presence in Riverhaven for some time now."

Sebestyen says, "To start off, if everyone will join me in a prayer to Chadatru, the squire's favored Immortal."

Sebestyen kneels down.

Sebestyen bows his head.

Sebestyen recites:

"Upon the beam of life,
Praise the presence of Chadatru."

Sebestyen recites:

"The voice of infinite truth,
That pervades the weakest mortal to the highest King."

Sebestyen recites:

"We praise Him."

Sebestyen recites:

"We honor Him"

Sebestyen recites:

"We strive to follow His leadership."

Sebestyen nods to Mandalynn.

(Mandalynn steps forward slightly and clears her throat.)

Mandalynn says, "The Paladin Code."

Mandalynn says, "A Paladin supports and defends Good and opposes Evil."

Mandalynn says, "A Paladin is a Leader in righteous combat."

Mandalynn says, "When it is necessary to fight, the Paladin will seek to guide and inspire her comrades, taking a forward position in the battle and facing the foe boldly. A Paladin does not hide from her foe or sneak about."

Mandalynn says, "A Paladin is a Protector."

Mandalynn says, "She will seek to prevent harm to the innocent and will place herself at risk in order to accomplish this if need be."

Mandalynn says, "A Paladin is Just and works to promote and enforce Justice and the Law."

Mandalynn says, "If a Paladin does not agree with a law, she must still respect it and should work to change it rather than disregarding it. The only exception to this is if the Paladin believes the law to be truly Evil. In this instance, the Paladin must follow the dictates of her conscience."

Mandalynn says, "A Paladin is Honest."

Mandalynn says, "She will not lie or otherwise seek to deceive a person. A Paladin does not cheat or seek to take unfair advantage in her dealings with others."

Mandalynn says, "A Paladin is Loyal."

Mandalynn says, "She does not betray her god, her liege-lord, her guild, her family, or her friends."

Mandalynn says, "A Paladin is Holy."

Mandalynn says, "She seeks to do that which pleases her god in all manners of the Code, and knows that the purity of her soul has a profound impact on the abilities the gods bless her with."

Mandalynn says, "While it is not required that a Paladin worships Chadatru or Rutilor above other gods, she ignores the wishes of the God of Justice at her peril. Serving another god or gods is possible for a Paladin provided that the path that she follows does not work against Good or Justice. It is not appropriate for a Paladin to work toward the ends of a dark aspect since the goals of such are not in keeping with what is Good and Just."

Mandalynn bobs down and back up in a quick curtsy.

Mandalynn stands near Sebestyen.

Sebestyen says to Balfore, "Sir Ronok took you as squire some time ago, and taught you how to be a Paladin. In his absence, I have taken you on as well, and you are ready for elevation. Tell us what you have learned and how it will help you be good Knight."

Balfore quietly says, "I have learned to know and follow the code, defend the faith and help others in need."

Sebestyen says, "In Sir Ronok's stead, I deem you worthy to become a Knight, and thus I release you of any oaths you may have made up to this point."

Mandalynn offers Sebestyen a muracite tower shield.

Sebestyen accepts Mandalynn's tower shield.

Sebestyen says, "The meaning of the armor."

Sebestyen says, "The armor represents a knight's integrity and wholeness of spirit. As his physical armor must be whole and in good repair to protect his body from enemies, so too must the spiritual armor be complete and whole to resist the temptations of wickedness. A knight with such integrity will courageously stand for his principles and be seen as honorable and good."

(Sebestyen holds Balfore's shield in both hands and bows his head reverently.)

Sebestyen says, "We pray Chadatru bless this man's armor, that by favor of your benevolence, may trample underfoot his enemies, gaining victory in all things, always remain safe and sound."

Sebestyen offers Balfore a muracite tower shield.

Balfore accepts Sebestyen's tower shield.

Mandalynn offers Sebestyen a steel spatha.

Sebestyen accepts Mandalynn's steel spatha.

Sebestyen says, "The meaning of the sword."

Sebestyen says, "The sword's significance lies in the fact that it slays and wounds with both edges, and the point stabs. The sword is the knight's noblest weapon, and so the knight should serve in three ways."

Sebestyen says, "He should defend the faith, killing and wounding those who oppose it. He should also defend the lands and the people, lest the weak suffer trepidations and oppression by the powerful or evil in this world. And just as a sword pierces whatever it touches, likewise a knight should pierce all heretics and villains, attacking them mercilessly wherever he may find them."

(Sebestyen holds Balfore's sword in both hands, bowing his head reverently.)

Sebestyen says, "Grant our prayers, Oh Chadatru, and see fit to bless this sword which your servant deires to be girt, to the end that he may be defender of the Faith, widows, orphans, and all servants of the Light, against the cruelties of the Dark. May he be the terror and dread of his enemies, and may this blade ensure for him equitable prosecution and just defense."

(Sebestyen raises the spatha deftly and sweeps it down in an arc toward Balfore, tapping him gently on the right shoulder with the flat. He then lifts it to bring it down again on the left shoulder.)

Sebestyen offers Balfore a steel spatha.

Balfore accepts Sebestyen's steel spatha.

Balfore nods to Sebestyen.

Sebestyen says, "With that, you are now a Knight and may make your way in the world as you see fit. If there are any oaths which you would swear, I would hear them now."

Balfore nods.

Balfore quietly says, "I Pledge to serve House Giraud, Chadatru and Therengians when called on to do so."

Balfore seems to be waiting for something.

Balfore quietly exclaims, "I can not fully explain what the teachings and guidance given to me have given my path to this time and day. Thank you all who stood to aid me as I studied and learned. THANK YOU ALL!"

Rekon grins.

Kenamer praises Balfore.

Rusula praises Balfore.

Sebestyen says to Balfore, "I accept your oath, and look forward to your future service."

Sebestyen gets a pair of enameled jouster's spurs from inside his suede satchel.

Sebestyen says, "The meaning of the spurs."

Sebestyen says, "A knight's spurs symbolize his duty to commit no evil that might disgrace his House or leige. His spurs are sharpened to goad his steed just as a knight should goad the people to virtue, but a virtuous knight should also make himself feared by the wicked."

Sebestyen offers Balfore a pair of enameled jouster's spurs.

Balfore accepts Sebestyen's jouster's spurs.

Sebestyen gets a knight's chain set with a central soulstone from inside his suede satchel.

Sebestyen says, "The meaning of the chain."

Sebestyen says, "The chain of a knight symbolizes the chain of fealty that binds him to his liege-lord. The chain is made of the purest of all metals and is without end, symbolizing the pure and eternal nature of the bond of fealty."

Sebestyen offers Balfore a knight's chain set with a central soulstone.

Balfore accepts Sebestyen's knight's chain.

Sebestyen says, "Arise, Knight of the House, and may you always be valiant, fearless and loyal."
Re: A Knighting Ceremony 04/07/2013 01:35 PM CDT

Thanks