Auras 01/05/2012 09:50 AM CST
I should have remembered this before the meeting and sent in the question, but was not reminded until I read the log (Thanks a ton for that by the way). There were some detailed posts on Paladin Auras some years ago. Could this be looked into? If I recall, these could be a defining feature of the guild the way they were laid out. I want to second the looking into higher protects and 100 and 150 abilities down the road.

Seb's player

~~~
My life is simple and in all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended, but never coerced; killed, but never shamed.
Re: Auras 01/05/2012 09:20 PM CST
I'm Huka, or at least one of my alt accounts holds Huka.

I want to thank Jerid for detailing that bit about the Holy Icons, I wanted to advise people of their limited availability, though I do agree with Jerid that this item shouldn't just be available to those that can go on quests. Further I'd think if a variant were made for paid quest it should be able to improve the one you already had.

So things I learned from the meeting, it seems to me that Our feel for the guild is that a Paladin is very much part and parcel to his holy weapons, and some of us want to see a holy trio of holy weapon, holy shield, and holy armor.

One other thing that I was semi-disappointed with is that it seems to my limited time of running as a Paladin, that really paladins feel more of a lack of proper game mechanics (and properly functioning special abilities) then they feel a loss or lack of lore. I may have been the only person to ask a Lorish question.

Re: Auras 01/06/2012 02:05 AM CST
I think a better way of stating what I think most players of paladins want would be the tools to BE a Holy Weapon.

Or better yet.. a HOLY TANK. Yes, that works too.

~~~
My life is simple and in all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended, but never coerced; killed, but never shamed.
Re: Auras 01/06/2012 10:10 AM CST
>what I think most players of paladins want

... are summonable squires? Ever play the captain class in LOTRO? Someone to run behind you, give you a small buff and wave a banner around (maybe something that would display a coat of arms). Bonus points if he can hold spare equipment.

Actually, that started off as a joke, but what do people think about an actual coat of arms? Maybe something that can be earned through a quest or deeds that can be emblazoned on shields/armor/banners. I know there is a heraldry shop in Shard where you can actually buy a coat of arms, but they're not earned, nor are they unique to any one player two seperate people can buy idenitcal ones.
Re: Auras 01/06/2012 11:01 AM CST
I have RP'd that Seb has a personal coat of arms or device on my own (gules, a lion rampant or) but that is an interesting idea.. some sort of registry or formalization of the proccess. This would be rather low on priorities though, as there is much that can be done on your own. The Shard shop is neat and there are so many options, any type of arms could be designed.

Oh, and for any interested here is an informative site on the subject:

http://www.internationalheraldry.com/

~~~
Re: Auras 01/06/2012 06:10 PM CST
That is a really cool idea. It could be an accomplishment after you meet certain criteria (not that you can't RP it before hand). I would recommend (off the top of my head):

Device

1. Upon obtaining 100th circle (no I do not want this to replace the 100th circle ability), a paladin is awarded a personal device.

2. The Device is represented by a parchment, in short, an order from the guild that will allow the paladin to present the parchment to any craftsman (which sufficient skill and knowledge of...ohh maybe makers marks) to then create a "Design".

3. The Design can be used in the crafting skill. The Design could be imprinted on armor, weapons or on clothing (using the applicable crafting skill).

4. My vision is the Device would come from a combination of set figures (think the Shard shop of devices) and once a combination was taken, then it is removed from the potential registry. This kinda blows for the later paladins as I am sure the "Lion Rampant" will be gone quickly. However, it makes for a unique device for each paladin that earns it.

5. Upon attaining certain skills (think the requirements for Lord Paragon), then the Device is permanent placement in the Guild Hall at some location. I think this is the coolest part of the idea (at least for me).

Madigan
Re: Auras 01/06/2012 07:49 PM CST
>>Absinal asks, "Though my favorite non-serious one was: "How many licks DOES it take to get to the tinny can center of a Paladin pop?"
>>[Censored]

The answer to my question got censored :(
Re: Auras 01/07/2012 12:25 AM CST
I was told, that was a Paladin secret, so if you were there, or if your a Paladin, maybe in a Paladin, as other Paladin's players OOCly what it was.