Vessel of Salvation 11/27/2016 06:00 PM CST
VOS should be a bread and butter spell for Paladins but in its current incarnation it is border line worthless...

I would like to see VOS changed in two ways perhaps three
1. The sphere should follow the Paladin with the option to still leave in place and to last until the spell runs out not just paladin leaves the room
2. We need to be able to reinstate the spell matrix to keep it going...
3. Even if for these options are to work we actually have to get an orb of Chadatru and then cast VOS on the orb...perhaps the spell works normal and this is a quest option for advanced use

Could even then leave an orb filled in triage for empaths who overtax themselves to help keep triage going...With these two changes gives a world of Roleplaying options
Re: Vessel of Salvation 11/28/2016 09:49 PM CST
I'm all for any enhancement/expansion of VoS. I think it's a really cool concept in a spellbook that has a lot of holes.

For whatever it's worth, VoS is easily one of the best quicksave spells in the game. It's just too niche. I've only found it useful when someone's losing vit fast when there's no empath free and that happens very rarely. What's more, all that's necessary in that instance is a low mana snap-cast, making capped casts meh in light of the drawbacks.

To throw some additional ideas in the hat, it'd be cool if VoS could...

• Autoheal vit of any low-vit subject or a person specified by the paladin without requiring a touch (this would make it immensely more useful as non-paladins still don't seem to know the spell)
• Have some sort of solo functionality, like commanding it to explode near an enemy for some sort of offensive (blind?) debuff and/or DFA-type damage based on mana + vit fed into it (note: shouldn't require full sphere for max damage since one sphere takes like 2x my 120+ stam vit pool)

Happy to pay (meta) spell slots for any of this, too.