Footman's Strike QoL Update 02/09/2016 09:45 PM CST
Footman's Strike will now use hand worn brawling weapons and hand worn armor as well as held weapons. This is live in Prime and Plat, and TF will follow if the Paladins don't destroy those instances.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Footman's Strike QoL Update 02/09/2016 10:24 PM CST
Since I don't have a paladin to test and want to update the wiki, what does this mean when holding a missile weapon? I.e. does it still fail or does it now default to brawling stuff?

Also, was the DISCERN updated? The current version on the wiki doesn't match the new effect.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Footman's Strike QoL Update 02/09/2016 10:28 PM CST
>>Absolon: Also, was the DISCERN updated? The current version on the wiki doesn't match the new effect.

Footman's Strike draws on the caster's melee weapon in hand as a focus for the spell, which dictates the shape of its manifestation. A rapier will produce a piercing force, while a claymore will invoke a spell that slashes and slices at the target. Holding a missile weapon or being unarmed causes the spell to fail.

This is a targeted spell, which must be TARGETed at a specific opponent. This spell does impact and puncture damage. It can be cast at other adventurers and at hostile creatures. It requires a minimum of five mana streams, and can expand to a maximum of one hundred mana streams woven into it. To begin to be able to cast this spell, you will need to reach the rank of a lowly novice. By the time you have mastered this spell, you will be ranked as a genius in your abilities as a caster. It requires the Targeted Magic skill to cast effectively. Before you can learn this spell, you must know Stun Foe. It will also cost one spell slot.

The spell requires at minimum 5 mana streams and you think you can reinforce it with 84 more, for a total of 89 streams.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Footman's Strike QoL Update 02/10/2016 05:01 AM CST
Cool change - Thanks much.

Samsaren
Re: Footman's Strike QoL Update 02/10/2016 12:00 PM CST
>Footman's Strike will now use hand worn brawling weapons and hand worn armor as well as held weapons.

<3
Re: Footman's Strike QoL Update 02/10/2016 12:01 PM CST
This is a great QOL change for those of us who are super lazy. Thank you.
Re: Footman's Strike QoL Update 03/25/2016 03:39 AM CDT
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but this is not working for me with simply armored gloves.

< Moving in gracefully, you punch your armor-clad fist at a baby forest gryphon. A baby forest gryphon attempts to dodge, mainly avoiding the blow.
The fist lands a good strike to the gryphon's right leg.
[You're winded, adeptly balanced and in superior position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]

> target fst 5
That won't affect your current attunement very much.
You begin chanting a prayer to invoke the Footman's Strike spell.
You begin to weave mana lines into a target pattern around a baby forest gryphon.

> cast

You gesture at a baby forest gryphon.
With no melee weapon to define the magical pattern, your spell fizzles.

Roundtime: 1 sec.
Re: Footman's Strike QoL Update 03/25/2016 06:08 AM CDT
Is your hand armor a pair of sleeves or something similar that is actually arm worn instead of hand worn, maybe?