Rebuke vrs STRA 04/26/2015 03:53 PM CDT
I am trying to move up the critter ladder but can`t seem to kill the critters with rebuke, even though I do kill them with a few of my weapons which are lower. Would STRA be better?
Re: Rebuke vrs STRA 04/26/2015 04:04 PM CDT

What's your TM skill and which critters are you fighting?
Re: Rebuke vrs STRA 04/26/2015 04:07 PM CDT
Maybe. Rebuke is multistrike so it does less damage per hit than STRA which is single strike. It's hard to say. The nice thing about STRA is you can just buy a scroll for cheap and try it out using a scroll slot for almost negligible cost.

And just to make sure, are you using TARGET REBUKE and waiting until it is fully targeted before you CAST? If not, then doing so will make it more likely to work better for you.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Rebuke vrs STRA 04/26/2015 04:32 PM CDT

TM: 870 34%
Currently in young wyverns, but not learning armor. I tried adults and can kill them with weapons lower than my TM, just not with TM.
Yes waiting for full target before casting.
Re: Rebuke vrs STRA 04/26/2015 05:40 PM CDT
Do you need to kill them with rebuke? I'll assume you're trying to pick off the stragglers with TM, rather than just train the skill?

May be a dumb question, but do the adults have damage resistances the young don't?
Re: Rebuke vrs STRA 04/26/2015 05:46 PM CDT

Trying to train the skill, but I can't handle three invoked spells, so I suppose STRA is out of the question. Will have to train it up then. Thanks.
Re: Rebuke vrs STRA 04/26/2015 08:34 PM CDT
Do you need to kill stuff? I train fine with min-mana FST between swings. Rebuke is a bit mana heavy, so I prefer FST. I learn fine in the 800s TM in inters and drakes. You may wanna give them a shot. I'm in the same boat as you critter-wise.
Re: Rebuke vrs STRA 04/26/2015 10:40 PM CDT
I prefer Smite Horde using cambrinth, I lock TM pretty quick with it (2 mins or so). Based on my analysis of Pallie TM spells including STRA, Smite Horde is the fastest with ample skill.
Re: Rebuke vrs STRA 04/27/2015 02:54 PM CDT
I use rebuke to train crossbow. Target crossbow, target rebuke, circle, weave, cast, fire. This is a great way to lock tactics, TM, and crossbow. Can even throw a little 'elbow' in there to work brawling.

I know others are not, but I am still a big fan of FST. I can tailor my TM damage type to whichever the mob is most susceptible to by switching weapons. STRA is just a wasted spell slot in my mind.

--Just a Squire

Riveted to the metal is a small copper plaque depicting a shield crossed with a longsword overlaying a field of thirteen stars. Encircling the design are the words, "Many Faces - One God."
Re: Rebuke vrs STRA 04/27/2015 03:16 PM CDT
>>STRA is just a wasted spell slot in my mind.<<

It does have its use if your soul is tainted.

M@c ~]X!j % %AN_rrWB5z4%p rBa =jZb*h[mp,0;pv` knIM%aJ|
WARNING: You are carrying an extremely large number of items on your person.
Having a very high number of items can cause character corruption or
Re: Rebuke vrs STRA 04/27/2015 03:25 PM CDT
>STRA is just a wasted spell slot in my mind.

I like STRA just because I hate having to have a weapon in-hand for my TM spell. I don't really have any other opinion on FST, it's just that the core functionality which you love is both pointless, to me (I don't hunt enough critters with specific damage resistances), and is an active hindrance to me.
Re: Rebuke vrs STRA 04/28/2015 08:51 AM CDT
All our TM spells are purely physical damage IIRC, so STRA does give us some electrical damage but meh... I do a surprisingly large amount of damage with min mana FST.

It would be better if FST could be used with no weapon. It's not a huge deal for me, but it would be nice if it did. In theory, the multiple physical damage types thing is nice. In practice the only significant creature resistance I've noticed is physical v. elemental, not slice v. puncture, etc. I mean, there're some creatures where it's easy to feel a difference, like warklins, but usually it's hard to tell.
Re: Rebuke vrs STRA 04/30/2015 09:06 PM CDT
Never thought of using FST, i`ll give it a shot thanks.