invasions,vos and young paladins 10/11/2014 12:40 PM CDT
so there I was sitting outside Crossing NW gate and folk start to talk about an invasion-flying eels and worse. Of course my first reaction was to don my best armor and join the fray(bad idea!). Being pretty keen to help out I was getting very frustrated and then I remembered "Vessel of Salvation". I'd only got the spell because I had been made to realise, a couple of days ago, that I had no Utility spell to practice on and thus my Utility skill was just a few ranks.
I'd wondered about the spells actual use in a "situation" and couldn't see it being much help. Well, as the dead bodies were dragged into the Empaths Guild and the live but wounded ones walked in, it turned out that by keeping the "sphere" going and replenished with life force (a couple of the Empaths topped my health up during lulls) I was able to make some difference. The Empaths were able to replenish their vitality and the newly resurrected were able to speed up the recovery of their health.
The biggest problem was that very few folk had any idea of what the "sphere" was for or how to use it and that I found a bit of a shame. Anyway the good guys won the day and I'd helped with my Paladin's magic!

Just wanted to share this

Otaron
Re: invasions,vos and young paladins 10/11/2014 05:11 PM CDT
Awesome to hear that you put it to intended/practical use. I've never gotten any use besides training tool out of mine, so I'm slightly jealous.