LEAD Upgrade 05/20/2014 09:53 AM CDT

LEAD UPGRADE, Circle 40+
I imagine the bonuses would start off very small and grow as the paladin grows.

Guild of Follower:
Barbarian: Bonus to Charisma and Melee/Missile Mastery skills.
Bard: Bonus to Charisma and Attunement skill.
Clerics: Bonus to Stamina and Holy Magic skill.
Commoners: Bonus to Stamina.
Empaths: Bonus to Stamina and Attunement skill.
Moon Mage: Bonus to Discipline and Attunement skill.
Necromancer: Bonus to Stamina.
Paladin: Smaller Bonuses to Stamina, Charisma, Holy Magic, and Attunement.
Rangers: Bonus to Agility, Perception skill, and Attunement skill.
Thieves: Bonus to Agility and Perception skill.
Traders: Bonus to Charisma and Stamina.
Warrior Mage: Bonus to Discipline and Attunement skill.
Re: LEAD Upgrade 05/20/2014 12:57 PM CDT
I like the idea of expanding lead, but it's already pretty damn powerful. I don't know that it could be made to bonus anything more without nerfing some other aspect of it, which I'd rather not see.

Two things I'd really love to see for lead, minor as they may sound, are:

1. Functionality similar to Cast area (i.e. lead area) maybe with a circle requirement. It seems appropriate that a skilled paladin would be able to rally folks without having to yell out, "Hey, dude, get in my group so I can inspire you. You, too, person-who-just-walked-in."

2. The ability to stack leads to reach the max lead bonus faster. Two paladins are better than one and all that. Large groups aren't always possible and sometimes there's a "wasted" paladin since only one person can lead a group.
Re: LEAD Upgrade 05/20/2014 01:21 PM CDT

That's true and you make good points. I just figure that different people would react to a supernatural rallying cry in different ways and I'd like to see people who focus on magic get just as much benefit as those that focus on physical combat. As far as I know LEAD does not help magic.... am I right about that? I figured an Attunement buff would fix that.
Re: LEAD Upgrade 05/23/2014 12:28 AM CDT

Now that I think about it just adding an Attunement buff to LEAD would go a long, long way. At least until paladins could do different things for different guilds. :)
Re: LEAD Upgrade 05/23/2014 10:05 PM CDT

Just in case creating a list of separate effects for an ability based on target guild is a bit hard to swallow, I have a suggestion for a simpler, more reasonable change to how LEAD works over the course of a Paladin's career. Any thoughts?

LEAD CHANGES:

-Keep Damage Bonus Unchanged
-Lower To-Hit Bonus

-Add A Large Attunement Bonus
-Add A Moderate Perception Bonus
-Add A Small Stamina Bonus
-Add 1 to 10, based on circle, free mana streams to a rallied character's spells.
Re: LEAD Upgrade 05/23/2014 10:19 PM CDT
I think you need to consider what buffs each guild already has if you want to make lead more appealing. For example: Moon Mages already have an attunement buff (Aura Sight) and an attunement regeneration buff (Shadowling) so this bonus isn't that appealing in a world where buffs don't stack.

Also, giving a bonus to primary magic (i.e. holy magic) is probably not that helpful since the more specific are far more important).
Re: LEAD Upgrade 05/23/2014 10:34 PM CDT

I was hoping that somehow, if the numbers were balanced, that it could stack with everything. Also, there is the free mana per spell boost that I think would appeal to many.
Re: LEAD Upgrade 05/24/2014 11:06 AM CDT

Recipient would ‘ACCEPT LEAD’ but if they don’t (to keep their guild hidden for example) then it would treat them like a Commoner