Problem with Lead ability - Still... 03/14/2003 11:10 AM CST

Madigan posted over in General discussions that he was wondering if there was a problem with Lead.

Well I've noticed a strangeness with Lead also.

I have used it twice in the past week, both times with just one person in my group. Once with MO once without it.

Both times had a full soul pool. Pristine soul of course. 50+ in circle. 30 charisma and Disc.

Both times I only saw the messaging:

<Person> looks to you for Guideance.

What happened to the "You draw yourself to full height, rallying your comrades with righteous confidence as you charge into battle like a star blazing through a midnight sky!"

The paladin would always see this on a full powered lead, under the old Lead mechs.

Hell I haven't even see the "You step forward and wade into battle, heartening your comrades by your gallant leadership example!" This was the messaging on a partial powered lead under the old Lead.

So where are these messages? This seems a bit Buggy to me, but figued I would post here first.

Thanks,

Candidus
Re: Problem with Lead ability - Still... 03/17/2003 08:47 AM CST
Gah, I always post in the wrong area. Additionally, here was my problem:

My last lead lasted exactly 7 minutes. I assume I had both soul pools full (got full messages with exhale and rub on my soulstone) and had one person joined (60th circle cleric).

Is this consistent with everyone else at around my age?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Madigan
Re: Problem with Lead ability - Still... 03/17/2003 09:05 AM CST
Well im 78th circle and mine only lasts 10 minutes so id bet its pretty consistant. Im currently stockpiling TDP's so i can go from 33 charisma to 40 and ill do some tests to see what charisma does and doesnt effect.

Tyden
Re: Problem with Lead ability - Still... 03/17/2003 02:37 PM CST
Thanks for the reply Tyden, 7 minutes at my circle seems consistent with 10 minutes at your circle.

Wow, doesn't that seem really short considering that it is nothing more than a group RW now and the soul it sucks out of you? Or, is it just me?

Madigan