Preliminary lead test 01/24/2003 04:59 PM CST
Went to swains with katrenos so only had one in group (he's way above me in circles so most likely alot more charisma)

>lead
You close to melee range on the bawdy swain.
>
Katrenos looks to you for guidance.

Katrenos exclaims, "Divy steps forward and wades into battle, boosting your confidence by her gallant leadership example!"

Duration: 4-5 minutes

With ME I actually hit them (heh), though I noticed RW seems to be even better.
Didn't notice much of a difference with longbow nor with LX (RW seems to be better suited).
HE,and LE I didn't even bother trying (HE just because I wanted low rt's to have a chance to live.. LE just because I didn't think it was worth it).

As I side note I lead a second time when I had 4 swains on me. Still wasn't hitting hard enough so I casted RW and was hitting very hard (RW alone does not give me that much of a boost). I don't believe that RW or lead alone in this case would have helped me much, but both together allowed me to live to tell the tale.

Relevant info: Circle 20, disc 20, char 15. Soul was pristine, but not high end like the other day (could not trace GOL after- if it matters much).

Going to look at it from Katreno's perspective and if it helps him when we both have more time to spend IG. I'll try and find some other players with lower charisma than myself and see the effects from both sides. I will as well in the latter case see what one person vs two people joined does.

Tests should be completed and posted by sunday the latest unless an emergency arises.

Divy
Re: Preliminary lead test 01/24/2003 05:24 PM CST
<< "Divy steps forward and wades into battle, boosting your confidence by her gallant leadership example!"
>>

Oh... umm... Divy is a gal. never met you in game that I recall, and have this feeling I was associating your name with another name of a guy paladin. My sincere apologies if I ever referred to you as a chap or fella.

Nice info Divy. I have a feeling the strength of lead took into consideration the probability that we would in turn cast RW or SR. Oddly, I really don't mind that too much. In that I am hoping that we end up with several building block enhancements through holy weapon, glyphs, and spells to make lead the more powerful.

Duration gets a solid booooo though.

Daython
Re: Preliminary lead test 01/24/2003 06:29 PM CST
"My sincere apologies if I ever referred to you as a chap or fella."

Ah no biggie, probably flew over my head anyhow. Thanks for the initial sentence.. did give me a good laugh.

On the boat to crossing for the week end (celebrations) so thought I'd check the boards. I will be posting the other lead test, however since I did forget about the celebrations it will most likely be sunday night.

Divy
Re: Preliminary lead test 01/25/2003 01:29 AM CST
You are thinking of Durvy, Daython...

As far as needing spells to enhance lead, that is complete crap. We are not a magic guild as we have been told over and over, we shouldn't need magic to enhance our "abilities"

--Just a "clueless" Squire
Re: Preliminary lead test 01/25/2003 01:37 AM CST
It pretty much boils down to..... Does lead plus RW have to stay under some hard global cap no different than lead or RW by themselves. If this is for the most part true, then skill enhancing magical stuff is going to be at a disadvantage to attack magics. For an enhancement invariably will boost an attack magic better than two skill enhancers working together.

I am not so keen on the spell tied to ability thing, I do kinda like the ability tied to ability kinda thing. As in lead plus Holy weapon.

Daython
Re: Preliminary lead test 01/25/2003 02:30 AM CST
I still don't get how Divy leads better than me... I'm higher circle with more disc and charisma....
Re: Preliminary lead test 01/25/2003 07:48 AM CST
>I still don't get how Divy leads better than me... I'm higher circle with more disc and charisma....

Now, this is interesting, from Divy's perspective. I think twice now, she's posted the middle message (guessing on the messages order, but not the squire message) and twice I think she spelled after lead. If we are spellfified first, I always have RW, and AS up .. like always. and I look to enhance that with lead, maybe we get the squirey crap. I can't test that now, and won't be able to for a while.

Short version .. perhaps there is an order of events in which we lead that determines the messsaging. It certainly has been proven the MO gives the old message.

-Slaris, of the blackened soul
Re: Preliminary lead test 01/25/2003 08:52 AM CST
I wouldn't necessarily say she leads better in an overall effect sense. Perhaps more accurately she leads better at her circle and skill range than you lead at your circle and skill range. Ponders...... You know, in ways it might be like pro sports..... A guy comes over as a free agent he gets paid the big bucks and doesnt perform to those expectations, fans hate him, say he sucks and such. Yet they are in love with some part time chap that seems to put alot of hits on at the right time. Is the part time guy as good as the star over all? Probably not, but in the instance of exeling within their arena and specialty of play the part timer is doing a better job at what he does.

Daython
Re: Preliminary lead test 01/25/2003 01:13 PM CST
If I lead better, it should say so.

Way it currently stands, it says she leads a ton better than me...