Lead test 01/22/2003 09:40 PM CST
lasted 4-5 minutes.. all were above me in circles (no idea if the empath counts ducks) Mind you we were just fooling around in sprites.. but did it for messaging purposes. Soul was Pristine.

Alzbar looks to you for guidance.
Taowynn looks to you for guidance.
Rapidonia looks to you for guidance.
You step forward and wade into battle, heartening your comrades by your gallant leadership example!

what they saw:
Alzbar exclaims, "Divy motions you to follow, and storms into battle with fierce determintation!"
Re: Lead test 01/22/2003 10:05 PM CST
oh forgot to add the relevent info before I head off to sleep.
Circle 20, char 15

Divy
Re: Lead test 01/23/2003 01:20 AM CST
Now that makes absolutely NO sense to me. I'm 21 circles above you with 8 more charisma and I lead like a clueless squire!
Re: Lead test 01/23/2003 07:01 AM CST
>Now that makes absolutely NO sense to me. I'm 21 circles above you with 8 more charisma and I lead like a clueless squire!

Messaging aside, what were the effects of your leads?

I got the clueless squire messaging as well, on several occasions, with different people. I was able to hit harder, and kill faster, which is the meat of the ability to me.

The messaging is probably derevied from level of soulstate +/- certain stats, and looks pretty wonky. The ability does not look all that underpowered for me -- at least its a noticable boost to offense. I have been unable to test lead and defense, because so far, I've been advancing and killing to save lower folks. I will try to get more info of the defense side later.

-Slaris
Re: Lead test 01/23/2003 01:55 PM CST
I will do another lead test and get the appropriate info from the other players hopefully (their charisma). As for soulstate I was able to use GOL right after in the sprite lair and even after was still pristine ( though no idea if this is of high importance)

I was wondering about that too.. it does make no sense to me.

Anyhow I will conduct the tests when I have more than 5 minutes block times to spend IG.

Divy
Re: Lead test 01/28/2003 05:51 PM CST
<<I will do another lead test and get the appropriate info from the other players hopefully (their charisma). As for soulstate I was able to use GOL right after in the sprite lair and even after was still pristine ( though no idea if this is of high importance)

I was wondering about that too.. it does make no sense to me.>>

All part of the new soul system Divy.

Using a soul ability will lower the pool strength, not effect soulstate. So you will remain Pristine unless you do something the guild or the gods frown upon. Hiding, stealing, the usual stuff.

You need to exhale on a personal soulstone to check your soul pool strength. Pool size is determined by the usual stuff: circle, charisma, and current soulstate. If you are Chalkly or lower you'll have zero soul pool.

Anyways grab me in the Realms if you got more questions.

Candidus
Re: Lead test 02/07/2003 05:36 PM CST
Was thinking that maybe, because of enforced caps, that the reason some are able to get a better message is due to the fact that they didn't have RW, et al up. Therefore, they were low enough under their personal cap (supposed to be based on combat skills, but maybe something like circle-based too?) to get a better message, whereas someone with spells (or maybe better combat stats, skills?) up wouldn't.

I dunno, just a guess.

Tyryan
Re: Lead test 02/07/2003 06:05 PM CST
If you are above.. say... 50th circle and you get a 'clueless squire' message when you lead (with or without MO), please post here (or send me an email) and I will try to come see you to determine the cause of why.

GM Damissak
Re: Lead test 02/07/2003 08:21 PM CST
Well i think ya know i do ;)

Tyden
Re: Lead test 02/07/2003 09:15 PM CST
without MO

Michael draws himself to full height, rallying you with righteous confidence as he charges into battle like a star blazing through a midnight sky!
You are roused by his fearless leadership!

with MO

Michael draws himself to full height, rallying you with righteous confidence as he charges into battle like a star blazing through a midnight sky!
You are roused by his fearless leadership!

something been tweaked?

Michael.
Re: Lead test 02/07/2003 09:38 PM CST
Without MO

>Ecoles draws himself to full height, rallying you with righteous confidence as he charges into battle like a star blazing through a midnight sky.

Didn't even test with MO since it's fixed.

Ecoles
"Embraced by Tenemlor"
Re: Lead test 02/07/2003 10:15 PM CST
one less thing to whine about.

Michael.

PS. dat was a joke...<g>
Re: Lead test 02/07/2003 10:20 PM CST
Yup i no longer lead like a clueless squire ill have to try it out hunting later and see if i no longer hit like one ;)

Tyden
Re: Lead test 02/07/2003 11:32 PM CST
Wohoo! I'm the only "clueless" Squire now!

--Just a "clueless" Squire
Re: Lead test 02/07/2003 11:54 PM CST
>>without MO

>>Michael draws himself to full height, rallying you with righteous confidence as he charges into battle like a star blazing through a midnight sky!
>>You are roused by his fearless leadership!

As noted previously, there does seem to be a pattern here. When something is going to be downtweaked, anyone else notice it get tanked badly.. generates LOTS of screaming and gnashing of teeth.. then after a bit, its nudged back up again.. so that everyone then breathes a sigh of relief about it being "fixed" and life goes on?

Its also why I didn't "go off" about lead changes and it is why I strongly suggested that folks calmly report what is happening when there are downtweaks with specifics and give the GMs time to "work" on the fix.

Redarch
Re: Lead test 02/08/2003 12:12 AM CST
>As noted previously, there does seem to be a pattern here. When something is going to be downtweaked, anyone else notice it get tanked badly.. generates LOTS of screaming and gnashing of teeth.. then after a bit, its nudged back up again.. so that everyone then breathes a sigh of relief about it being "fixed" and life goes on?

its very sneaky and ingenious when you think about it, if you want to take $20 off someone, first take $50 and let em get mad, then give them $30 so they dont feel so bad after all... hehhehehe

Michael.
Re: Lead test 02/08/2003 01:04 AM CST
What if we're between 40 and 50 and still get clueless squire message? I'd think 20th would be enough not to be a clueless squire, really... so 40th definitely shouldn't be a clueless squire...
Re: Lead test 02/08/2003 03:53 AM CST
>> What if we're between 40 and 50 and still get clueless squire message?

That too. Paste me the messaging, your character name, and the name of those in your group.

GM Damissak
Re: Lead test 02/08/2003 04:18 AM CST
Samsaren steps forward and wades into battle, boosting your confidence by his gallant leadership example!
You feel motivated!

one Ranger behind me, and I'm 32nd circle... I can handle that nicely
Decent duration too