Holy Icons 09/12/2006 10:00 PM CDT
I am pleased to announce that the Council has seen fit to approve my application for a Holy Icon.

>>>rub icon
>>As you rub the smokewood icon, a soft silver glow arises from it and flows over your body. As you stand >>bathed in the silver light, the smokewood icon warms slightly in your hands. Like a rushing wave you feel >>the bond with the icon settle on you. The silver glow slowly fades away and you know you have pledged your >>service to Chadatru.

Rumor has it there are 4 things that must be done with the icon to complete the preparation ritual and make them more useful.

I shall be studying and learning what things affect the icon to complete this ritual.

Just wanted my brethren to know that the council is contacting those who were approved to give them their icons.

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!
Re: Holy Icons 09/12/2006 10:54 PM CDT
The Council has also seen myself fit for a icon.

<<As you rub the cherrywood icon, a soft silver glow arises from it and flows over your body. As you stand bathed in the silver light, the cherrywood icon warms slightly in your hands. Like a rushing wave you feel the bond with the icon settle on you. The silver glow slowly fades away and you know you have pledged your service to Chadatru.>>

Sal

"i beat the internet, the end guy is hard"

"We also want to come to your house and kill your kittens, too."
Armifer
Re: Holy Icons 09/13/2006 01:59 AM CDT
I have to say, these are awesome. If anyone needs a hand with the ritual, drop me a line at HIMKOI. For those that worked on it, a very heartfelt thankyou. These are a work of art with some awesome messaging. Not even one of those killer syntax games to add icing to the cake. Thanks much.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Holy Icons 09/13/2006 09:02 AM CDT
Wow, these sound really cool. Can those that have them please post the actual descriptions of what they look like? Did you have any say in the type of wood or which god? Thanks in advance.

~Thilan
Re: Holy Icons 09/13/2006 09:28 AM CDT
I'll post mine when I get home tonight. There's also an inscription which I'm curious if those read differently.

<<Not even one of those killer syntax games to add icing to the cake.>>

I was very pleased to find this out this out also.

Thanks to the P-Team for the all the hard work on these!!

ps. my apolgizes to the GM behind the Squire when you devileried this to me. I was near death when you arrived and I was trying to make sure the Empath helping wasn't going to die from over healing.

Sal

Armifer
Re: Holy Icons 09/13/2006 09:46 AM CDT
>>ps. my apolgizes to the GM behind the Squire when you devileried this to me.

Now you've gone and piqued my curiosity again. Can someone please post the name/look of the squire so I can add it to my GMNPC document. Thanks again!

~Thilan
Re: Holy Icons 09/13/2006 11:06 AM CDT
Congrats everyone to has received one thus far!
They look great from what you guys posted. I'm curious as to what the four things could be that you need to do... heh but that's half the fun!

::crosses fingers for his::

P.S. I just hope they can't break if you are trying to figure out the 4 things.
Re: Holy Icons 09/13/2006 01:02 PM CDT
It was Sqire Malki in my case. I'm afraid I didn't save the look, but he was young for his age and wore a very basic outfit. I "believe" he was human.

Redarch
Re: Holy Icons 09/13/2006 01:09 PM CDT
Congrats! Could happen to better people. Keep us in the loop as I am sure we are all interested in learning about the item.

Madigan
Re: Holy Icons 09/13/2006 02:44 PM CDT
>Congrats! Could happen to better people.

LOL. I know it was a typo, but was quite funny at face value.
Re: Holy Icons 09/13/2006 04:43 PM CDT
LOL! ::cough:: Couldn't have happened to better people.

Madigan
Re: Holy Icons 09/13/2006 06:34 PM CDT

>get icon
You get a lacquered cherrywood icon in the shape of a protective lion from inside your fleece greatcloak.
>exam icon
Hunched on its back legs, the lion hovers protectively over a tiny golden scale that has been tumbled on its side. With lowered ears and tail twitched to one side, the beast appears ready to pounce, its mane glittering with dark crystal silvers.
There appears to be something written on it.
>read icon
A lacquered cherrywood icon reads:
"To Salvalis Nyrobi, for vigilant defense in the name of the Paladin Guild."

Sal

Armifer
Re: Holy Icons 09/13/2006 07:37 PM CDT
Very interesting, unique icons.

>tap icon
You tap a wiirwood icon carved into the likeness of noble lion inside your leather cloak.
>l icon
The ash-grey wiirwood lion is streaked with silver throughout the mane, lending shadows and light to the noble creature. Seated calmly on a platform of polished jet, the lion gazes forward.
>read icon
A wiirwood icon reads:
"To Samsaren Remlane, for courageous acts serviced in the name of the Paladin Guild."
>

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Holy Icons 09/13/2006 10:16 PM CDT
Ok, this is driving me slightly nuts. I know I am SOOOO close to getting this 4 step ritual right.

1) Clean icon (repeatedly until it is clean)
2) Hug icon
3) Rub icon
4) Pray icon.. and no boost. If I repeat I get "you've already done this part of the ritual" for steps 1-3. Must be just off on that last part.

Any ideas of what to try for step 4? I've tried everything I can think of.

Redarch
Re: Holy Icons 09/13/2006 11:03 PM CDT
If you don't want to know the last command for the icons click the title of this post or my name above the avatar which will close this post.

Clean
Hug
Focus
Pray

I've done it with and without using rub after cleaning it and both ways work.

Sal

Armifer
Re: Holy Icons 09/14/2006 12:06 AM CDT
Congratulations, everyone who has recieved an icon so far.

I hope one day we get a similar event for the Paladins, the few there are, over on the Plat side of things. Although I would like to add that perhaps it should be opened to non-Paladins being able to address the council about the Paladins, and they have to stand there and take the praise. Since most, if not all of the Paladins in Plat would not stand in front of a council and recite their daring deeds due to RP reasons. Although if this was the only way it would get done, yeah I'd bet more then one of us would be up in front of the council babbling on.

Zaud says, "I'm not the worst! I'm not the worst! I'm not the worst!"

A paladin council throws Zaud out for GP.

~Player of Zaud (Platinum)

Got Smite? - http://www.drpaladin.com/
Re: Holy Icons 09/14/2006 09:18 PM CDT
>tap icon
You tap a mistwood icon in the shape of a watchful lion that you are holding.

>examine icon
Although carved in a relaxed pose, the lion's garnet eyes sparkle, reflecting any available the light. The lids carefully hold the eyes in place, positioned so that the lion's gaze seems to follow no matter which direction you turn.

>read icon
A mistwood icon reads:
"To Ellsdragon Dride, for having unbending devotion in the name of the Paladin Guild."
Re: Holy Icons 09/14/2006 09:32 PM CDT
You tap a black walnut icon shaped like a raging lion that you are holding.

In a position of attack, the lion raises its paws with claws extended, mouth open in a bellowing roar. Veins of silver trace the muscles of the beast and glint on the sharpened fangs.

A black walnut icon reads:
"To Eeary Kakler, for courageous deeds in the name of the Paladin Guild."

Thank you to the council members and the GMs that held this event! It was fun and very honoring to receive such a special icon!

-Paladin Eeary Kakler
Re: Holy Icons 09/14/2006 09:41 PM CDT
You tap a redwood icon shaped like a peaceful lion that you are holding.

A lion lounges peacefully on a slate slab, eyes closed as if contemplating a nap. A laurel garland wraps over and under its paws, the ends drifting over the slate. Upon its head, a gold-flecked olive leaf crown twinkles in the light.

A redwood icon reads:
To Sebestyen Kuliniac, for displaying valor and honor in the name of the Paladin Guild.

Thanks to the council for bestowing this gift and the GMs that created the icons and ran the events.
Re: Holy Icons 09/14/2006 10:00 PM CDT
Awesome icons, keep 'em coming. And again, did anyone get the look of the squire or whoever delivered them to you? Thanks in advance.

~Thilan
Re: Holy Icons 09/14/2006 10:46 PM CDT
>tap icon
You tap a black ironwood icon carved into the likeness of a guarded lion that you are holding.
>exam icon
The lion's shoulders are rigid, its head lowered in a wary stance. Though its lids droop half-closed, the glittering rubies beneath display a watchful gaze.
>r icon
A black ironwood icon reads:
"To Slaris Bayta, for services and the constant pursuit of knowledge in the name of the Paladin Guild."
Re: Holy Icons 09/14/2006 10:54 PM CDT
I think its pretty sweet they all look different. Do the looks and the inscriptions on them relate to the reasons you told them you deserve one?

Range Master Dragamar, Recluse of Aesry Sulaenis'a
Brother Urio, Follower of Urrem'tier
Re: Holy Icons 09/14/2006 11:08 PM CDT
>Do the looks and the inscriptions on them relate to the reasons you told them you deserve one?

The inscriptions seem to, at least from the ones I've seen.

I'm not sure about the looks. I do think the look of Slaris' icon is very IC for the way he is played (or at least the way I try to play him. I, as a player, was literally stunned when I was presented with the icon.

I'll take a moment to thank Maece, Nehros and any others for these icons. It really made my night. They are absolutely awesome. The details, and 'personalization' in these must have taken some time, aside from the events, and the work you guys did on these really shows. Thanks a ton guys.
Re: Holy Icons 09/14/2006 11:41 PM CDT
You tap a dark maple icon carved in the shape of a fierce lion that you are holding.
>exam icon
Teeth bared in a growl, the lion holds a scorpion in its jaws. One ruby eye glitters from behind the fangs, and a single claw hangs limply.
>read icon
A dark maple icon reads:
"To Leucius Delarrazio, for proven leadership in the name of the Paladin Guild."

These are really neat.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: Holy Icons 09/15/2006 09:56 AM CDT
I do have to say I love them and thankyou for all the hard work. I really wish I could have been to the first event with the finding but RL took presidence.

On a side note it would be nice if they were 'wearable' :)
Re: Holy Icons 09/15/2006 10:55 AM CDT
My soul was fine even after the explosion.
GM Nehros knows more about this accidental situation more than I do. I'm just happy it was able to be resolved and was a bug under the certain cirumstances I was in.
Re: Holy Icons 09/15/2006 07:24 PM CDT
Without giving away any secrets, can ya give us a bit more information about the "situation" you were in? I want to make SURE I don't try and use my icon in that situation and have it blow up on me.

Redarch
Re: Holy Icons 09/15/2006 08:36 PM CDT
<<I want to make SURE I don't try and use my icon in that situation and have it blow up on me.>>

As I understand it, Eeary got a one in a million shot of this happening. Nehros did fix this situation though.

~Maece

"I'm at Betty's Bakery and we got homicidal baked goods after us." ~Gingerdead Man~
Re: Holy Icons 09/15/2006 10:16 PM CDT
>>As I understand it, Eeary got a one in a million shot of this happening. Nehros did fix this situation though.

Ok, that's exactly as much information as I needed. Was looking for a way to avoid what happened to Eeary and since Nehros "fixed" it, I can relax.

Thanks Maece.

Redarch
Re: Holy Icons 09/16/2006 05:10 PM CDT
You are holding a goldenoak icon shaped like a roaring lion in your right hand.
With one paw raised, the lion's mouth gapes in a large roar. Faceted amber eyes glitter and imperfections in the resin add depth and expression to the beast's face.
A goldenoak icon reads:
"To Eleftheria Triandafilla, for bravery in the name of the Paladin Guild."

Congratulations to all the icon recipients, and thank you Maece and Nehros.
Re: Holy Icons 06/20/2010 03:44 AM CDT
Where can one obtain the icon that can be used to charge our holy weapons?
Re: Holy Icons 06/20/2010 03:53 AM CDT
They were given out originally with a small event to those that were able/willing to participate. There was supposed to be a quest developed, but has not happened yet.
Re: Holy Icons 06/20/2010 05:37 AM CDT
There were also several given out as awards for design contests, though I'm not sure if they were ever actually given out. I'm still waiting on mine, at least.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Holy Icons 06/20/2010 04:09 PM CDT
I am still advocating others getting theirs.

Holy Icons 02/18/2011 11:09 PM CST
I was just wondering what if any verbs correspond to the holy icons that some people were awarded.