Bonding Glyph 12/07/2012 07:04 PM CST
I started this quest and am having a really hard time with it. Started the quest in Theren. Here is the messaging:

Sir Cleworth looks carefully at you for a moment before replying, "Holy glyphs are traced in the air by Paladins who know their secret. When you are old enough I will offer you a quest and if you complete the quest you will be taught a glyph.

Sir Cleworth turns to you and speaks, "Congratulations Indul, you are ready to learn the Glyph of Bonding. However, first you must complete this quest...

"You must go to this place and meditate until you are instructed what to do." Sir Cleworth traces a strange glyph in front of you and you see...

[Empaths' Guild, Main Room]
The walls, ceiling, and floor of the Empath's Guild are covered with bleached white sheets. The sudden abscence of color is striking, but you find that you are able to focus much better here. A small pad sits to one side of the doorway, holding a few pairs of shoes.
Obvious exits: out.

Sir Cleworth says, "To see this place again, you need only pray for guidance. Now go and find this place and meditate there."

Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Bonding Glyph 12/08/2012 01:09 AM CST
From what I recall, it should be within the province (if not the actual city) you receive the quest in.
Re: Bonding Glyph 12/08/2012 02:41 AM CST
Hmmmm.

As there is no empaths guildhall within the city of theren, that leaves you a few options. We can eliminate Riverhaven, as the empath guilds there have the following description:

[Empaths' Guild, Entrance]
The Empath Guild vestibule is bare of ornamentation and creature comforts, opting instead for a cleanliness and simplicity displayed in its unadorned wooden furniture and bare floors and walls. A single desk, heavily laden with a tangled mess of notices and records, sits in the corner, the last vestige of the guild offices which have been emptied for hospital space. A half-dozen chairs along the wall serve to accomodate guild members, patients, and their family and friends. You also see a small wooden block with a guild register on it and Guildleader Nebela Mentrade.
Obvious exits: west, out.
>go guild
What were you referring to?
>peer w
You peer west and see ...

[Empaths' Guild, Library]
Little more than a closet, the empath library is windowless and cramped. The absence of light, with the minor exception of a single burning candle, and the lack of fresh air may at first add to an appearance of inhospitality. A small collection of volumes organized on a large wooden crate validates the room's title of "library". However, the true purpose of the room is easily discerned by the exhausted snores of two overworked empaths drawn to the room's silence for some well-deserved rest. You also see a gracefully shaped silver urn.
Obvious exits: east.

That leaves the one in Muspar'i and the one in Throne city if it is supposed to be in the same province.

I'll see if I have any characters in either place so I'll take a looksee and post it if i come up with anything.
>

An arisen dummy zombie bellows, "You will all be ssslaughtered!"
>
Re: Bonding Glyph 12/08/2012 03:02 AM CST
not throne city either. Healerie looks like this:

>go door
[Imperial Stargazer's Medical Pavilion, Treatment Chamber]
Pale azure panels line the walls of the chamber, edged with ornately carved midnight-blue molding. Frosted crystal sconces cast pools of gently flickering light, making the faint silvery lines embellishing the darkly-stained floor appear to float above the glossy finish of the wood. You also see a riveted wood door, a snowy white bier and Jonela that is sleeping.
Obvious exits: southeast, southwest.
>se
You rush southeast.
Silvery panels line the walls of the chamber, edged with ornately carved charcoal-grey molding. Frosted crystal sconces cast pools of gently flickering light, making the faint coppery lines embellishing the darkly-stained floor appear to float above the glossy finish of the wood. You also see a snowy white bier and Waldrin that is sleeping.
Obvious exits: northwest.
>nw
You rush northwest.
Pale azure panels line the walls of the chamber, edged with ornately carved midnight-blue molding. Frosted crystal sconces cast pools of gently flickering light, making the faint silvery lines embellishing the darkly-stained floor appear to float above the glossy finish of the wood. You also see a riveted wood door, a snowy white bier and Jonela that is sleeping.
>sw
You rush southwest.
Pale red panels line the walls of the chamber, edged with ornately carved dark crimson molding. Frosted crystal sconces cast pools of gently flickering light, making the faint golden lines embellishing the darkly-stained floor appear to float above the glossy finish of the wood. You also see a snowy white bier and Elvaka that is sleeping.
Obvious exits: northeast.
>ne
You rush northeast.
>

An arisen dummy zombie bellows, "You will all be ssslaughtered!"
>
Re: Bonding Glyph 12/08/2012 05:18 PM CST

I seem to recall there being some orb to pray at instead of the room description. But it has been a bit of a while since I did the quest.
Re: Bonding Glyph (Empaths' Guild, Main Room) 12/08/2012 07:25 PM CST
>>[Empaths' Guild, Main Room]
>>The walls, ceiling, and floor of the Empath's Guild are covered with bleached white sheets. The sudden abscence of color is striking, but you find that you are able to focus much better here. A small pad sits to one side of the doorway, holding a few pairs of shoes.
>>Obvious exits: out.

I don't see that room in any of the Genie XML maps. The only room that has that exact room name is the guildhall in Crossing (Genie #goto 325), but it has a different description. ("bleached white sheets" does not appear in any of the XML maps.)

Perhaps the description that the guildleader gave you now obsolete?

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Bonding Glyph (Empaths' Guild, Main Room) 12/08/2012 09:59 PM CST
I believe this is an unreleased room from the Haven Empaths' Guild. You may need to ASSIST to have a GM reset the room for you.

Melete
Here as he walked by
On the 3rd month of Lirisa the Archer
In the year of the Iron Toad
A nameless Dwarf
In a flash of genius discovered
The fundamental formula for
THE BEARD INTEGER
& cut it on a stone of this bridge