Ward Glyph? 12/28/2008 08:37 PM CST
I've had the glyph for a good while now and have known of it's side effect to prevent an assailant from using Ranged Weaponry, however when I trace it on a living person it seems that it has no effect on them it comes out to be...

>trace ward <target>
You trace the glyph of warding around <target>, but it fades as soon as it appears.

This was tested before the target faced me, after the target faced me, and even when their aimed at me...

Any suggestions?
Re: Ward Glyph? 12/28/2008 09:24 PM CST
Haven't tried against aiming, but I've had success tracing it on someone who had just targetted me with a spell, and it disrupted their matrix.
Re: Ward Glyph? 12/28/2008 09:32 PM CST
Is there a skill check at all?
Re: Ward Glyph? 12/29/2008 09:06 AM CST
If it doesn't work the first time, trace it again. Eventually it will.
Re: Ward Glyph? 12/29/2008 09:23 AM CST
Trace ward <person> must be done after the <person> targets or aims at you. Else, it wont work. There is no skill contest for this.

I also think the person must be unhiden for this to work.

Crusader Taghz

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother...", William Shakespeare.
Re: Ward Glyph? 12/29/2008 10:54 AM CST
<<Trace ward <person> must be done after the <person> targets or aims at you. Else, it wont work. There is no skill contest for this.

<<I also think the person must be unhiden for this to work.

Spot on from my experience. No idea on the hidden, but I will test it tonight.

Madigan

When soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a battle-field, they have all one rank in my eyes.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Re: Ward Glyph? 12/29/2008 10:01 PM CST
Can't trace a ward on a hidden target. Confirmed with testing on a ranger aiming and a warrior mage targetting a TM spell.

Also, can't trace unless you see them (which we already knew). No idea what the skill test is to see someone or not.

Madigan

When soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a battle-field, they have all one rank in my eyes.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Re: Ward Glyph? 12/30/2008 06:53 AM CST
>>Can't trace a ward on a hidden target. Confirmed with testing on a ranger aiming and a warrior mage targetting a TM spell.

>>Also, can't trace unless you see them (which we already knew). No idea what the skill test is to see someone or not.

So, if I see them hide can I trace it on them when I see the aim (even if they are hidden) or do I have to point them out?

Sounds like we have to point them out to trace it (which seems silly).
Re: Ward Glyph? 12/30/2008 07:50 AM CST
If you see them hide, see the aim/target...you can not trace unless you point them out first. This was the conclusion I made from my testing last night.

Madigan

Napoleon Bonaparte