Holy weapon quest bug 11/20/2008 04:00 PM CST
So I decided after four years to retry this quest with my paladin, having been squished by the undead the first time around. Sadly this time there were some even tougher ones, so I decided to leave it for the time being. That wasn't the only problem though...

[A Darkened Stairwell]
In the musty darkness a faint trickling of water echoes. There is skittering on the ground around your feet, the shapes small and dark leave their details unclear. A soft flickering light is faintly visible further within the descending passage. You also see a bony fylgja, a bony fylgja and a small silver key.
Obvious exits: up, down.

First of all that key which is the one you get during the course of the quest was sitting on the ground when I arrived.

(Insert more fylgja and some death spirits tearing me limb from limb)

A soft red glow appears over your body.
A light silvery glow surrounds your bastard sword and it stays in your hand.
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your spirit and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

>depart
A bony fylgja turns and flings itself up.
>
The warding glyph flares into a brilliant red light as it settles over your remains, protecting them.
You suddenly find yourself floating upward, the light dimming slowly around you. Eventually, everything vanishes as the distance increases and you are enveloped by a sparkling panorama of brilliantly lit stars.

[The Starry Road]
You find yourself walking along a road like one you have never seen before. Spread out before you is a stream of light, paved with stars and bounded by every constellation and planet you had ever seen while a mortal, only now more vibrant and somehow alive.
Also in the room: The Starry Host
Obvious exits: north
>

You walk forward, putting one foot in front of the other, wandering closer to something which never seems nearer. Time, space and distance have no meaning in this place, leaving you feeling nothing but a strange peace tempered by a prickly feeling that your destiny is not yet finished.

After what seems an eternity, you reach a gate. Before you stands a stoney-faced being who gives you a hard look before saying, "Were it not for the love of Truffenyi, your soul would be lost to the Void. Do not squander his gift." With a swift movement of his hand you suddenly feel yourself pulled back to the land of the living.
You feel chilled to the bone as light surrounds and spreads through you. Pain mixes with the numbness as you are blinded by the light and drawn down into it like a stone in a pool.

It finally fades, and you find yourself alive...and elsewhere.
[Temple of Light, Alcove of Eylhaar]
Dark grey walls enclose a somber chamber dominated by an ebony dais in the center of the room. Censers in the four corners fill the air with the aroma of sandalwood. Worshippers repeat hushed prayers of peace for departed friends and relatives as others sit in silence, remembering the dead. Ebony pews with kneeler boards are set before the altar. You also see a pearl arch.
Obvious exits: none.

So... I depart on Mer'kresh and wake up in the Shard temple. Luckily Alvy spirited me back to my belongings, but bizarrely they were still inside the quest area, right at the spot where I died. This was BUGged and everything so hopefully it won't be long before it gets looked at, but I would be wary of attempting that stage of the quest until it has been looked at.

Synyster Shadowmaiden
Re: Holy weapon quest bug 11/20/2008 04:05 PM CST
Heyo!

Working on a fix now. It should be resolved within the next week or two, I hope.

- GM Dartenian

If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right. - Henry Ford
Re: Holy weapon quest bug 11/27/2008 06:24 AM CST
Been dumping people in Shard for a while. Maece has know since Feb 08 if not longer. But the Crossing recharge point has been broken for years.

AKA Rumael