Invulnerability 06/25/2008 10:54 AM CDT
I am not sure if this would be a glyph or what. Basically it would be higher level (over 100th) level paladins with this. Basically the paladin would be invulnerable for a short amount of time.

Thoughts? Has this been discussed before?
Re: Invulnerability 06/25/2008 10:56 AM CDT
I thought we already had that with Protect Self?

Ackfer - Halfling in a Can, No Fillers Here!
Re: Invulnerability 06/25/2008 12:10 PM CDT
It's the supposed 100th circle ability we are to recieve. Ssra's project I believe.

Player of Holy Guardian Adakin of Prime
Killr of TF
Kastr of TF
"The Key To Immortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering."

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."
Re: Invulnerability 06/25/2008 01:26 PM CDT
Adakin is correct.

~Maece

"You thought it was me gnawing on the passengers? Nah, I'm a vegetarian."

Flight of the Living Dead, 2007
Re: Invulnerability 06/25/2008 01:34 PM CDT
Not related to Protect Self I would add.

Speaking of protect self, it doesn't work very well against the new ranger web pulsing spell thingie.

Madigan

True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.

Arthur Ashe
Re: Invulnerability 06/25/2008 02:14 PM CDT
It doesn't work against a lot of things bud. It's just a slightly better AS that can be used with a macro.
Re: Invulnerability 06/25/2008 02:37 PM CDT
>>Speaking of protect self, it doesn't work very well against the new ranger web pulsing spell thingie.

I think that was kind of the point of that spell. It is the only one of its kind, and it is only webs instead of something more serious. Whereas the Ranger cannot ever escape from your Halt after you succeed, you likewise will be required to deal with webbing for the (now much shorter than it used to be) duration of the spell.

It is not meant to be GvG, rather it simply seems appropriate that there not be any such thing for any Guild as complete immunity from all of another Guild's abilities.
Re: Invulnerability 06/25/2008 02:42 PM CDT
>I think that was kind of the point of that spell. It is the only one of its kind, and it is only webs instead of something more serious. Whereas the Ranger cannot ever escape from your Halt after you succeed, you likewise will be required to deal with webbing for the (now much shorter than it used to be) duration of the spell.

>It is not meant to be GvG, rather it simply seems appropriate that there not be any such thing for any Guild as complete immunity from all of another Guild's abilities.

I think the re-webbing was more targeted at creatures that can instantly free themselves.

Protect self has such a long timer on it that it couldn't really be considered immunity from harawep's bonds. After all, you could just cast it a second time.
Re: Invulnerability 06/25/2008 04:47 PM CDT
<<It is not meant to be GvG, rather it simply seems appropriate that there not be any such thing for any Guild as complete immunity from all of another Guild's abilities.

No problems with your comment at all. Khri Liberation "pulses" so it stays in effect to allow for evasion (or rather avoidance may be the better term) of things. I was thinking Protect Self (do to its other limitations) might need to do the same.

No worries if your position is taken and supported, just wanted to get my idea out there.

Madigan

True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.

Arthur Ashe
Re: Invulnerability 06/25/2008 04:49 PM CDT
<<It doesn't work against a lot of things bud. It's just a slightly better AS that can be used with a macro.

I have some pretty good posts comparing Prot Self vs. Khri Liberation. I think Prot Self is pretty darn good, so I don't agree with your assessment. That being said, I think Prot Self is not the cats pajamas when compared to Khri Liberation.

Madigan

Arthur Ashe