Glyph idea 11/15/2004 09:24 PM CST
How about a glyph that when traces upon an undead allows for the critter to be struck with unblessed weapons. Maybe an area effect would work best.

Perhaps make it an addition to Ease.

Kolaisa

Stabbity, block, you go thud.

Drive fast, take risks.
Re: Glyph idea 11/15/2004 09:31 PM CST
<<How about a glyph that when traces upon an undead allows for the critter to be struck with unblessed weapons. Maybe an area effect would work best.>>

Unlikely but don't worry -- a few things in the works I think you'll enjoy.

/salute

-Ssra

The ultimate in reasoning is to come to the realization that there are still an infinite number of things that are unreasonable. -Blaise Pascal
Re: Glyph idea 11/15/2004 10:03 PM CST
You rock

Kolaisa

Stabbity, block, you go thud.

Drive fast, take risks.
Glyph idea: 07/02/2008 06:00 PM CDT
I would like a glyph to allow us to convert some of your soul pool (I think that's what it's called-like how smite works in that regard) into Hit Points to place on ourselves or on others.

I suggest that this ward essentially behaves in a manner as the old courage, but with no stamina boost or no HP recovery increase; just a nice magic HP boost that gives boost based upon the group leader's soul, stats, skills, or whatever makes sense to whoever makes that decision.

Further, I feel this glyph could also have group affect if who traces the glyph is leading that group and has LEAD up when traced upon the leader's person. I think that should establish relative soft cap (70% of absolute cap at most) for this, the relative or absolute hard cap is met by other paladins following in the group who are essentially helping form a soul induced phalanx effect, as...

any other following paladins in the group that trace this glyph on the group leader while also joined to that group with the follower's effect disappearing should that paladin leave the group. There is no additional affect after the absolute cap is reached for additional glyphs added, but soul pool should still be used in such instances.

Feedback, please.

Player of Humm Breaux
Re: Glyph idea: 07/02/2008 09:46 PM CDT
<<I suggest that this ward essentially behaves in a manner as the old courage, but with no stamina boost or no HP recovery increase; just a nice magic HP boost that gives boost based upon the group leader's soul, stats, skills, or whatever makes sense to whoever makes that decision.

I like the idea, especially that we can use it on other folks.

Madigan

True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.

Arthur Ashe
Re: Glyph idea: 07/05/2008 07:36 PM CDT
Sounds basically like a Lay-on-Hands ability, like in DnD. You would use some of your soul pool to restore vitality (not heal wounds or anything though) to yourself or another. I think it would be great. Either as a glyph, or just as a new soul-dependent ability.

I guess empath's might see it as stepping on their toes a little, since they are the exclusive healers, but it seems like they shouldn't complain too much since they now have the ability to hunt and murder people. And like I said, it shouldn't actually heal, just restore some vitality to save someone's life.

As an alternative to using soul to grant vitality, could make an ability wherein you sacrifice your own vitality to restore someone else's, which would give you a soul-boost in the process. This might step on empath's toes a little more, since it (functionally) is the same as taking vitality loss, only we wouldn't have a nifty spell to restore it to ourselves after.