Bonding 03/29/2003 04:07 PM CST
I just tried to bond a weapon with trace bond scimitar and received the reply "You trace the ward of bonding around a scimitar, but nothing happens", or something to that affect. I thought maybe I had the wrong scimitar so I looked but saw only one but yet tried trace bond other scimitar and got the same message. I then pulled out my soulstone and discovered I was at pristine and had full juice. I then looked around for another weapon thinking maybe the deader only thought they had a scimitar out, but found the only thing on the ground was a scimitar. Any ideas why this happened?

The only thing I can think of is maybe the deader had the scimitar knocked out of his hand prior to dieing, but not even sure that would matter. Any help with the ward of bonding would be appreciated.
Re: Bonding 03/29/2003 04:35 PM CST
Well first question is, Do you have a scimitar on you? Second would be did anyone else pick it up or did you just find them in the hunting groud dead?

Tyden
Re: Bonding 03/29/2003 04:45 PM CST
<<Well first question is, Do you have a scimitar on you? Second would be did anyone else pick it up or did you just find them in the hunting groud dead?

Tyden>>

I didn't have a scimitar and yes, I found the deader while walking through. Nobody picked it up for it was on the ground when I traced. Unless you mean did somebody pick it up and then drop it, don't know. (Again not sure if that matters, just giving as much information as possible)
Re: Bonding 03/29/2003 04:58 PM CST
More information

Someone DID pick up the scimitar and drop it before I came into the room.

Any and all help is appreciated.
Re: Bonding 03/29/2003 05:10 PM CST
If the weapon is held by someone for to long it gets tagged by the system as being theirs so bonding wont work.

Tyden
Re: Bonding 03/30/2003 03:02 PM CST
I don't think it is that way Tyden.

But there seems to be a time limit involved of sorts. And it is related to circle. The longer the weapon is on the ground, the higher the circle of the person needed to bond it. This comes from personal observation so it might be wrong.

Ecoles
"Us loners gotta stay together"
Re: Bonding 03/31/2003 12:46 PM CST
>The longer the weapon is on the ground, the higher the circle of the person needed to bond it.

Concurs with my observations.

::ponder:: Typically that means it must be incorrect, however, in this case I think it's safe agree there is a timer.

Cheers - Cyllwdd
Glyph of Bonding 07/21/2008 05:44 PM CDT
I have failed to get this one off, every time. Every time I check my soul I am at pristine lumin(other letters here). Circle 16, Charisma 13.

Ackfer - Halfling in a Can, No Fillers Here!
Re: Glyph of Bonding 07/21/2008 05:49 PM CDT
<<I have failed to get this one off, every time. Every time I check my soul I am at pristine lumin(other letters here). Circle 16, Charisma 13.

Speaking from experience, are you using the right syntax? Tracing the glyph on the item is the right way. For a while I kept trying to trace the glyph on the person and failing before I figured it out.

-Evran it out.
Re: Glyph of Bonding 07/21/2008 06:03 PM CDT
<<For a while I kept trying to trace the glyph on the person and failing before I figured it out.>>
Perfect! I have been tracing it on the person, the whole time I should have been tracing on the weapon. Thanks!
Was this demonstrated in the quest messaging? I am curious to go back and look now.

Re: Glyph of Bonding 07/21/2008 06:09 PM CDT
<<I have been tracing it on the person, the whole time I should have been tracing on the weapon.

Incidentally, the bond glyph works on any item that was dropped at death, not just weapons. I'm not sure if you were aware of that going by the phrasing of your post.

-Evran
Re: Glyph of Bonding 07/21/2008 06:23 PM CDT
<<I'm not sure if you were aware of that going by the phrasing of your post.>>
Your assertion based off my post is quite correct. I assumed that it was only usable for weapons, neato that it works for other items.

Re: Glyph of Bonding 07/21/2008 09:17 PM CDT
Yeah, I was in the room when an empath was killed. Seeing something drop i immediately traced bond on it (in case the person that killed them wanted to snatch it). Then I realized I had just traced on a mug of grog or something. Felt kind of silly, until I saw it zip over into the empath;s hand.
Re: Glyph of Bonding 07/21/2008 09:22 PM CDT
<<Then I realized I had just traced on a mug of grog or something. Felt kind of silly, until I saw it zip over into the empath;s hand.

Never silly to save the booze!

-Evran
Re: Glyph of Bonding 07/21/2008 09:41 PM CDT
<<Never silly to save the booze!>>
Awesome. haha.

Re: Glyph of Bonding 07/22/2008 09:52 PM CDT
I just bonded a towel tonight.. apparently thought it was a good idea to dry off in unyns.. or maybe snapping it at them.. who knows.
Re: Glyph of Bonding 07/22/2008 11:51 PM CDT
Kinky.