Return advice 09/17/2013 04:16 PM CDT
I just started playing a bit after a long time and had few questions on the 3.0 conversion.

Did most people use the stat respec? Unsure if I should do this as I don't know what systems changed.
Top weapons are crossbow 284, polearms 211, 2HB 197 so thats why the strength/stam heavy
Circle 61 Tog Paladin:
Strength : 45 Reflex : 36
Agility : 36 Charisma : 24
Discipline : 30 Wisdom : 25
Intelligence : 30 Stamina : 35
TDPs : 941

Am I going to be noticeably weak with the new stat contests for anything that I should rebalance for?

With the magic changes I have:
Holy Magic: 234 00% clear (0/34) Attunement: 246 02% clear (0/34)
Arcana: 227 09% clear (0/34) Targeted Magic: 64 76% clear (0/34)
Augmentation: 210 65% clear (0/34) Debilitation: 187 17% clear (0/34)
Utility: 175 47% clear (0/34) Warding: 163 77% clear (0/34)

Which order should I put these new magic skills as I can change them around for awhile it seems?

Does anybody have opinions on these new magic feats and if any are worth purchasing? What are the top spells that people use now?

Thanks
Re: Return advice 09/17/2013 08:57 PM CDT
If it were me I'd flip utility and TM. Targetted magic and debilitation can only be trained at level in combat so keeping those 2 skills somewhat equal will make training easier. You can train utility in and out of combat so it'll be easier to train.

I wouldn't bother with a respec. Depending on how heavy your weapons are you might want to intially invest in some stamina to balance out that strength though.

Kind of hazy on the window you have for swapping magic skill ranks (it's a small window) but it might be as little as 24 hours from initial login so you probably want to take care of that asap.

Once the data center for elanthipedia is back up it's the ultimate source for all things DR.

www.elanthipedia.org
Re: Return advice 09/17/2013 09:00 PM CDT
Stat wise, keep everything balanced as you can. Take advantage of your racials and go with whats cheapest, you'll use all of them in the long run.

I didn't move my ranks around, and found I use all the skills equally, at your level you get the most milage from Augmentation anywho. Play around with SPELL STANCE some too, can get some extra milage on spells that way.

Feats: Attunement feats are a MUST, Raw Channelling is key for using cyclics (and ours are handy), the rest are more flavor or personal choice.

Welcome back

Samsaren
Re: Return advice 09/17/2013 09:28 PM CDT

Thanks for advice had no idea about stance spell. I will be looking into swapping TM and utility had no clue TM was one of the swappable skills. I never used TM before because I was hx prime and it trained so slow never wasted a critter spawn.

I will pick up those magic feats.

Did weapon classes maintain same hierarchy? Let me know if polearm or 2hb are horrible now. I like smashing things so probably won't change anyway.
Re: Return advice 09/17/2013 09:38 PM CDT
>>Friedr: I will be looking into swapping TM and utility had no clue TM was one of the swappable skills.

I don't recall targeted magic being one of the swappable magic skills. I was only able to swap the new magic skills that were initially derived from your primary magic ranks. I chose to move the non-cyclic combat-based skills to the top of my list.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Return advice 09/17/2013 11:32 PM CDT
Ah sorry yeah that's right, I guess tm isn't swappable. Well, all your moveable magics are so close it really doesn't matter.
Re: Return advice 09/18/2013 05:09 PM CDT
>I never used TM before because I was hx prime and it trained so slow never wasted a critter spawn.

TM is so easy to train there's no downside to it. I just throw out a quick min mana FST and halt between every other attack (prep or target, attack, cast, attack, etc.) and keep both TM and debilitation locked the entire time.

>Let me know if polearm or 2hb are horrible now. I like smashing things so probably won't change anyway.

Can't speak to 2HB but I love polearm, especially halberds. 2HB could knock things out of the room in test IIRC, but I think they turned that off. It should still stun more often than other weapon types. That's pretty neat.
Re: Return advice 09/18/2013 10:41 PM CDT
Might give TM a try.

Are we the only guild without a guild only skill? I see we have one in name but there are no ranks or systems for it. Nothing even seems planned which is sort of sad.
Re: Return advice 09/19/2013 06:53 AM CDT
We have one planned, but like barbarians, its awaiting some combat enhancements. Ours is going to be called Endurance.

Samsaren
Re: Return advice 09/27/2013 05:36 PM CDT

2HB and Polearms are still good to use, i use a maul and glaive and wish i had used them alot more so the gap wasn't as big compared to my main selection i like to use