Question 07/20/2013 12:56 PM CDT
Hello everyone. Why is our Paladin Guild Leader asking for stealth ranks in order to level? As a Paladin I rather not train in stealth. Am I missing something? I just recently came back to the realms and I am a new Paladin.
Re: Question 07/20/2013 01:18 PM CDT

Betting that its one of your higher survivals, and since the hiding/stalking combine from 3.0 hit and the stalking you earned via HUNT turned into stealth, its now what they're flagging as your 'need this to get promoted' stuff. Just a guess though.

-O
Re: Question 07/20/2013 01:21 PM CDT
Paladin 3.0 circle requirements: http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Paladin_3.0

You need 4 survival skills, in addition to evasion. Evasion is a hard requirement, it cannot be used as an Nth Survival. "Nth skills" are where the guild goes "you need this many ranks in this this skill set, but we don't care what you choose to train."

I would assume stealth is somehow one of your 4 highest, non-evasion skills, even though you don't train it? It's hard to say without knowing your survival ranks.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Question 07/20/2013 01:29 PM CDT
SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate Fraction
Evasion: 6 63% examining (13/34) Athletics: 3 22% ruminating (8/34)
Perception: 4 21% clear (0/34) Stealth: 1 00% clear (0/34)
Locksmithing: 1 00% clear (0/34) First Aid: 1 00% clear (0/34)
Outdoorsmanship: 1 00% clear (0/34) Skinning: 1 00% clear (0/34)

Here's my survival skills. I was wondering maybe I have to setup what's my 1st and 2nd survival in other to level?
Re: Question 07/20/2013 01:42 PM CDT
With those ranks, it's my understanding the system would see the following, because if they're the same rank, it goes in ABC order:

Evasion Evasion: 6 63% examining (13/34)

1st survival: Perception: 4 21% clear (0/34)
2nd survival: Athletics: 3 22% ruminating (8/34)
3rd survival: Stealth: 1 00% clear (0/34)
4rd survival: Locksmithing: 1 00% clear (0/34)

So yea, it looks like you need another rank in a couple of your other survivals if you want it to not look at Stealth. Kind of an odd situation, having that many skills at exactly rank 1.

Re: Question 07/20/2013 01:49 PM CDT
Thanks you guys...I'll try that Gamergirl511
Re: Question 07/20/2013 01:50 PM CDT
>>Emacedo: Hello everyone. Why is our Paladin Guild Leader asking for stealth ranks in order to level? As a Paladin I rather not train in stealth. Am I missing something? I just recently came back to the realms and I am a new Paladin.

Welcome back!

Your Nth survival skills are determined solely by ranks in eligible skills. (Evasion has a hard requirement, so it doesn't count toward your four Nth survival requirements. Thievery is a restricted skill, so it cannot be used to meet survival requirements.) So ranking your skills from highest to lowest:

1. Perception: 4
2. Athletics: 3
3. First Aid: 1
4. Locksmithing: 1
5. Outdoorsmanship: 1
6. Skinning: 1
7. Stealth: 1

(Stealth is one of the first listed survivals when you type EXP 1, so that may be why it's taking precedence over your other 1-rank skills.)

So if you don't want to rely on stealth to circle, simply make sure that it is not one of your top four survivals by training other skills. The following skills are eligible for Paladin Nth survivals:

Athletics
First Aid
Locksmithing
Outdoorsmanship
Perception
Skinning
Stealth

Since our survival requirements are relatively low, any of these skills (except stealth) can easily be used to meet your circle requirements. (I exclude stealth, because your soul state is damaged by advancing, retreating, or attacking while hiding.)

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Question 07/20/2013 04:46 PM CDT
As others have mentioned our survival reqs aren't overly bad. Personally I do Perception, Outdoorsmanship, Athletics, and skinning. The first two are exceptionally easy to train, Athletics is great to have up there, and skinning can make you money.

Happy hunting, and good luck.
Samsaren
Re: Question 07/21/2013 03:28 AM CDT
Thanks for the responses everyone. I get how it works now. :)
Re: Question 07/21/2013 12:11 PM CDT
>With those ranks, it's my understanding the system would see the following, because if they're the same rank, it goes in ABC order:

>1st survival: Perception: 4 21% clear (0/34)
2nd survival: Athletics: 3 22% ruminating (8/34)
3rd survival: Stealth: 1 00% clear (0/34)
4rd survival: Locksmithing: 1 00% clear (0/34)

Maybe I'm dense this afternoon, but I'm not following the alphabetical suggestion you offered. Wouldn't the order be First Aid, Locksmithing, Outdoorsmanship, Skinning, then Stealth?
Re: Question 07/21/2013 01:48 PM CDT
Yea sorry, not it's not "ABC order", it reads it from top to bottom, descending order (what I meant). I hadn't had my caffeine yet.