What the duce? 11/20/2012 03:07 PM CST
> rub pin
Your vision wavers briefly, and for a moment you find yourself in an endless sea of blackness. Not far away, a single man clad in gleaming plate armor fights desperately against hordes of twisted humanoids.
As the vision fades, you hear a desperate voice call out, "Are there none who remember? I cannot continue this battle alone!"
You rub the pin...

It hums softly and emits a pure white light!

(Never seen this!)
Re: What the duce? 11/20/2012 03:59 PM CST
Part of that 2 years ago Paladins Origin Event that is still hovering about? More a guess then something I know for sure.

Re: What the duce? 11/20/2012 04:01 PM CST

Yeah, I would say you are right. Either A) starting back up or B) still in the system...
Re: What the duce? 11/20/2012 05:29 PM CST
I hope B, I was away from the realms for A and dont have the foggiest what it is. Be nice if Paladins got story line attention:)
Re: What the duce? 11/20/2012 09:38 PM CST
It's supposed to continue. I just kinda hope its being delayed mainly because of DR3.0. Hopefully come new year it'll be moving done the line. It's supposed to have implications to the whole game-verse at least as far as lore goes, and possibly other things (from what hints I recall).

Re: What the duce? 11/20/2012 11:36 PM CST
Wasnt sure if this was related to me suddenly having a very weird time keeping my smite pool and soul state up. I pray to my badge every 10 minutes in combat, more than i need to (most accurate I can get it sadly) but just the other day, for whatever reason my soul pool plumetted and I'm having a hell of a time getting it up. After a few smites, my pool is dropped to 20% (where before hand I could smite on an enemy every rotation in lieu of slice and stay comftorably high with my smite pool for quite a while).

Not sure what the deal with that is :(
Re: What the duce? 11/21/2012 05:26 PM CST
>Wasnt sure if this was related to me suddenly having a very weird time keeping my smite pool and soul state up. I pray to my badge every 10 minutes in combat, more than i need to (most accurate I can get it sadly) but just the other day, for whatever reason my soul pool plumetted and I'm having a hell of a time getting it up. After a few smites, my pool is dropped to 20% (where before hand I could smite on an enemy every rotation in lieu of slice and stay comftorably high with my smite pool for quite a while).

Hi,

Praying to a pilgrim's badge raises soul state only (the messaging you get when you rub a soulstone). The soul pool is separate from soul state and it powers glyphs. It was added to make it easier to use glyphs more often without hurting soul state badly. Nothing but time and the AG spell (at the cost of 1 favor) replenishes soul pool. The smite pool is separate from soul state (unless you deplete your smite pool and continue to smite IIRC) and soul pool.

This is all very much IIRC but is hopefully mostly accurate/helpful. You shouldn't need to pray to the badge much at all unless you're doing things that harm your soul state (killing, stealing, etc.) or are trying to keep tip top (soul state drifts a little even at pristine).